PDA

View Full Version : Coming to a road near you!

northernequality
10-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Coming to a road near you is a group of angry, disgruntled people. They have every right to be angry and disgruntled, as, in addition to receiving unlimited federal and provincial government support with a no taxation policy, they now want to have all the animals of the province of B.C.

As evident by our collective apathy at the election polls, I suggest to you, that everyone will just stay home plugged into whatever electronic device they choose and ignore the whole scenario.

Why would our resident hunters who relish their time outdoors, hiking, camping, challenging themselves with each day of the hunt, be interested in participating in a show of opposition designed to take our Province back.

Why wouldn’t “the boys” just stay in their warm houses now that the hunt for the year is done and just relax with the good wife. Never mind that next year there may not be any hunting at all up north, and never mind that perhaps the next road block is at your own very secret spot! We should just let them have that too, let them have all the “secret spots” that is what the light at the end of the tunnel is.

Am I right……is it the “War in the Woods” ?

Am I wrong to call for “the boys” ?

Or are they are complacently sitting at home watching “Dancing with the Stars” with the wife.

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Maybe, who are you ? What authority and clout do you possess that could change anything in the near future ? Speak -- >

KodiakHntr
10-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Kind of curious what other screen names you use here Northern...5 posts, and all just trying to get people worked up...Most other boards would call you a troll and you'd of been bounced by now.

northernequality
10-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Kind of curious what other screen names you use here Northern...5 posts, and all just trying to get people worked up...Most other boards would call you a troll and you'd of been bounced by now.

I am no troll and yes I have posted only 5 posts asking questions, directing attention to a situation that will continue throughout the province I believe. I could be wrong but I could be right and to that end I am simply voicing my opinion/warning because you just watch what happens next year. Mark my words there will be more blockades. I was under the assumption that instead of blaming the messenger people may just start a writing campaign or a phone campaign voicing their opinions and concerns regarding this delicate issue. So call me what you like just thought I would ask some relavent questions about a potential lifestyle challenge.

northernequality
10-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Maybe, who are you ? What authority and clout do you possess that could change anything in the near future ? Speak -- >

I have no authority other than the fact that I was born and raised in this great province. I believe as such I have rights as well. Clout......I don't know about that other than the same clout we all have and could collectively use.

frenchbar
10-04-2009, 05:22 PM
I am no troll and yes I have posted only 5 posts asking questions, directing attention to a situation that will continue throughout the province I believe. I could be wrong but I could be right and to that end I am simply voicing my opinion/warning because you just watch what happens next year. Mark my words there will be more blockades. I was under the assumption that instead of blaming the messenger people may just start a writing campaign or a phone campaign voicing their opinions and concerns regarding this delicate issue. So call me what you like just thought I would ask some relavent questions about a potential lifestyle challenge.
Its going to happen ..they stand United..

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 05:53 PM
First of all I recall northern reflections but equality ? what's that ?
Equal rights, you must be from the 90's lol. You missed that debate lol.
Secondly, imho which is worthless, you should put politics under the political heading not Hunting the Mainland --
Thirdly -- I'm on both sides so I'm equaler than you lol J/J
Jel -- on both sides not just one side -- all people are equal in Canada period

Shooter
10-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Jel -- on both sides not just one side -- all people are equal in Canada period

So are you saying that we should all have the same rights as the FN? Or are you saying that the FN should have to abide by the same rules as the rest of us? I know you are going to say it doesn't matter what any of us think... blah blah blah. I am simply asking for your honest oppinion on this based on the final sentence of your last post. I am hoping that I get a straight forward cut to the chase answer on this from you Jelvis, instead of one of your rambling posts that go around in circles and end nowhere.

Oh ya.. --------> Speak

mark
10-04-2009, 06:46 PM
So are you saying that we should all have the same rights as the FN? Or are you saying that the FN should have to abide by the same rules as the rest of us? I know you are going to say it doesn't matter what any of us think... blah blah blah. I am simply asking for your honest oppinion on this based on the final sentence of your last post. I am hoping that I get a straight forward cut to the chase answer on this from you Jelvis, instead of one of your rambling posts that go around in circles and end nowhere.

Oh ya.. --------> Speak

Man thats what I was going to say!

hey northerneq, good post, good choice of words, your right, we should get off our butts and do something about this situation!
But what???
As a white guy, Id be called a racist and locked up??
We have to obey laws :mad:
What is it you suggest????

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Good points by all posters cuz we are intelligent human beings and you are quite smart no doubt.
I try to live pragmatically among idealistic standards that some individuals dwell on.
Example would be -- Sure be nice if they left the Coquihalla river in a natural state and didn't build that huge roadway through migration routes of ungalets from Hope to Kamloops and call it the Coquihalla highway. Build ten foot fences to stop them from crossing, blocked off their trails and road ways. So I want a say in this. ok.
So I'm going to raise a stink about it, but it's kinda late now lol.
The laws that are lived by in hunting now are the ones your fore fathers made with others and it's kinda late to change it back a hundred years.
So live with it and get along or be in an adversarial state forever lol.
Jel -- you have no power to change one jot or sentence in the Constitution of Canada and it's rights and freedoms so your spinning wheels in gravel and waisting a lot of gas and energy, try talking with the government, provincial and or federal and see if you can get through with your world changing ideas about the laws and regulations and wild life act, that you totally and absolutely think are criminal. Nothing else you do will do much in reality imho --
Do you get that part ? Or are you taking this to the Supreme Court lol.
Jelly Belly laughzz -- I know you want a piece of me lol -- join politicks and make a difference.

Shooter
10-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Ok . I had a good idea that you would come back and say that it didn't matter what any of us think because the laws are the laws and we all have to live by them. But in your last post you made reference to the coquihala and how nice it would have been if they left the river in a natural state. So it would be safe to say that if you had the power to change history you would restore that. So Hypothetically speaking Jel.... If you had the power to make it happen would you...

a.) Make the same laws again that put different Canadians with different rights?

b.) Make all Canadians live by the rules the FN live and adhere to now?

or

c.) Make all FN live and adhere to the same laws the other Canadians do?

f350ps
10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
If something is not done soon we're in BIG trouble. We'll be paying FN's to hunt on THEIR land. K

sparkymacker
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
If something is not done soon we're in BIG trouble. We'll be paying FN's to hunt on THEIR land. K

I fully expect that to be in place by next years hunting season.

Gunner
10-04-2009, 07:53 PM
You bet Kelly,it's coming.If the BCLibs pass the Reconciliation Act there will be no more Crown land access for the non native citizens of BC.What we take for granted as a right, we will be paying for in the future.That's if the new owners of BC decide to let us in. Gunner

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
If you could change things in the past, no, as far as Canadian law I would'nt cuz it would erode the infrastructure of time and legislation.
Law is evolving over time and the time is now, that was then, this is now.
It's hard to live in the now, when you dwell on the past, and try to plan what's in the future, live and let live, do your part because you appreciate your freedoms. Live within those freedoms and boundaries, play the game of life. Accept your limitations and do your best, mind your business and hopefully others will mind theirs. Don't be eager to fight the neighbor sort of thing. Live and let die. McCartney -- Tell da Twooth --
Jelfred -- Walk a mile in another's Gore-Tex -- Rocky Bootz -- Magnumz --

Shooter
10-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanx for the answer Jel. It seems to me that you are saying we all need to live in todays time not our forefathers time. "that was then, this is now" I believe you said. Well welcome to the white mans arguement. What most non FN canadians have been saying over and over is that we need to forget about the past and we all need the same laws. Just because laws were made by our fore fathers doesn't meen they need to be written in stone forever. that was then, this is now. Times change. The context in which many of those laws were written don't apply anymore.

To say that FN should be able to hunt year round because their elders did doesn't apply anymore. Just as it doesn't apply that they hunted with moccassons and spears/wooden bow. The arguement is made often that FN can use modern methods because times have changed... well why doesn't that shoe fit the other foot then? It isn't imperrative to survival anymore to be able to harvest a moose in February. FN people often say that it is part of their heritage to live off the land. Well then isn't it also part of their heritage to live off the land in the traditional way? Not with pick-up trucks and quads and ,even for some, multi million candlepower lamps? Not to even mention modern firearms.

Times Change

Time for change.

Time for One Canada

Time for One Canadian

Time for one Canadian law.

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Shooter you must be a young person by the sound of it to me anyways
You want to stir things up a little with others for entertainment
That was then this is now -- today
Nothing changed today on these rights you don't agree with -- why is that ?
Ok so the past they made paid holidays for most employees and time and a half pay for stat holidays -- so your not going to pay it cuz it's real old agreement and that was back then -- lol -- see where it's going ?
Written in Acts and Laws to the end of time --
If you say the game is gone now over shot out by whomever the laws should be changed, you should know what your doing.
-- Look in BC regs and read it from cover to cover once -- and see the priorities of the BC Wildlife act as in harmony with Federal regs for hunters.
Who is shut down first ? So keep some things factual and say you don't really know, how many deer and animals are harvested each year by hunters in BC cuz if they went by your ideas you'd be cooking your own goose.
You say one Canada, lol, what about the seperatists, they don't recognize you as in their country, why don't you pick on them to be one and you pick on locals in bc, what's with that pillygrim ? Your getting mired down.
I hope you know a good vetrinarian -- cuz your one sick puppy dog. lol.
Jel -- Take some courses in the history and politics of Canada and get back to me --

Shooter
10-04-2009, 09:18 PM
I am not quite as young as you may think Jelvis however I don't think that matters to anything anyways. I am born and raised a canadian, as were my parents, and there parents before them, and there parents before them etc etc.
Contrary to your beliefs I do not find it entertaining that other Canadians have more rights than me. I do not consider myself a lesser canadian than you so why should I or any other canadian be treated as such? The same as no other canadian should be treated lesser than I. Bringing up stat holidays as a rebuttle to a FN debate is weak at best.

Law is evolving over time and the time is now, that was then, this is now.
It's hard to live in the now, when you dwell on the past

Those were your words not mine. I agree with that statement whole heartedly. If it went to the polls tomorrow and the masses voted that we no longer cellebrate Thanksgiving day well then I guess thats a stat that should be dropped and everyone should work that day again. If the masses voted that no one should get paid overtime for working a stat...well then so be it. Let the majority rule I say. You say that law is evolving yet you hold fast to the treaties of the FN. Should they not evolve also?

To the best of my knowledge none of the seperatists have any more rights as Canadians than I do. I also do not see them Blockading me in my own province. Keeping me out of my own land. I have no issue with Quebec leaving Canada. They have thier province. They can take it and leave with their portion of the debt. FN do not have their own province They live Canada wide so I would caution that no body of people would be willing to surrender thier country without a fight. If FN's think they are going to take Canada from the rest of us then sooner or later a war will arise. And I would assume that it will go the other way as well. The only peaceful outcome can only be one canada one law. It seems to me that everyone EXCEPT the first FN want this and want to live in harmony with each other.

Dannybuoy
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I am not quite as young as you may think Jelvis however I don't think that matters to anything anyways. I am born and raised a canadian, as were my parents, and there parents before them, and there parents before them etc etc.
Contrary to your beliefs I do not find it entertaining that other Canadians have more rights than me. I do not consider myself a lesser canadian than you so why should I or any other canadian be treated as such? The same as no other canadian should be treated lesser than I. Bringing up stat holidays as a rebuttle to a FN debate is weak at best.

Those were your words not mine. I agree with that statement whole heartedly. If it went to the polls tomorrow and the masses voted that we no longer cellebrate Thanksgiving day well then I guess thats a stat that should be dropped and everyone should work that day again. If the masses voted that no one should get paid overtime for working a stat...well then so be it. Let the majority rule I say. You say that law is evolving yet you hold fast to the treaties of the FN. Should they not evolve also?

To the best of my knowledge none of the seperatists have any more rights as Canadians than I do. I also do not see them Blockading me in my own province. Keeping me out of my own land. I have no issue with Quebec leaving Canada. They have thier province. They can take it and leave with their portion of the debt. FN do not have their own province They live Canada wide so I would caution that no body of people would be willing to surrender thier country without a fight. If FN's think they are going to take Canada from the rest of us then sooner or later a war will arise. And I would assume that it will go the other way as well. The only peaceful outcome can only be one canada one law. It seems to me that everyone EXCEPT the first FN want this and want to live in harmony with each other.
Well said Shooter ... Lets see the Jelly Roll around an intelligent response ....

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Shooter your young and like a little springer spanial that wanted to be a rotty but hey not everybody is born equal so get over it for your mental health and anxiety. lol. Loosen up and move on to something positive.
Life isn't fair, so don't try to change the world in an hour lol. Relax.
Do you think that you gotta a one track mind or hung up on one people sort of thing because of what you learned or experienced, repeating for some reason out of thousands of different laws for different people by reacting so enthusiastically over one thing in life.
Finish college and read some of BC's proud history and get along, we have more similarities than differences as humans c'mon life's not fair or equal and never will be, so let's get on with the living part.
You can't stay young forever but you can stay immature. lol .
Jel Starz -- take a nightime course on politics or public speaking then get back to me please.

Shooter
10-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Why do you feel the need to be so Passive Aggresive Jel? Not once in our little debate have I slighted you in the least. Yet you need to come back at me and call me immature and uneducated? You even stoop so low as to attempt to insult my dog? Yet you call me immature?

all people are equal in Canada period

This debate between us started from your statement yet in multiple posts after that you have repeatedly said that we aren't equal. Is equality not something we should strive for? Should laws not evolve to help establish some equality amongst Canadians?

Shooter
10-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Maybe the white man should blockade all the FN back on their reserves and not let em out. When they Piss and moan about it we can just say...
hey not everybody is born equal so get over it for your mental health and anxiety. life's not fair or equal and never will be

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Look I don't even know your gender and I guess it does'nt matter too much as to how it would affect your interpretation of how I'm thinking. A girl is what I'm thinkin hey ah lol -- ok
It's not that the topic is irrelevant, but how you figure it's going to change because you disagree with it lol. That's all it is, cuz it ain't going to change one iotah anywayz --
Number one commandment of Bill Gates -- Life is'nt fair get over it --
Jel -- ain't going to change in my lifetime ever so accept it and move on -- imho
Put that energy into something that builds people up and together instead of adversarial and division and life will shine down upon you - good luck -- Do something about it get involved locally -- or forget it --

silvertipp
10-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Maybe the white man should blockade all the FN back on their reserves and not let em out. When they Piss and moan about it we can just say...
this might be the smartest thing ive read yet on this post
Shooter trying to debate anything with the Jel & youll soon find i=out iys a one sided debate & than the crazy smoke kicks in

Shooter
10-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Look I don't even know your gender and I guess it does'nt matter too much as to how it would affect your interpretation of how I'm thinking.
It's not that the topic is irrelevant, but how you figure it's going to change because you disagree with it lol. That's all it is, cuz it ain't going to change one iotah anywayz --
Number one commandment of Bill Gates -- Life is'nt fair get over it --
Jel -- ain't going to change in my lifetime ever so accept it and move on -- imho
Put that energy into something that builds people up and together instead of adversarial and division and life will shine down upon you - good luck --

Is that the same advice you would give the Tahltan's?

Put that energy into something that builds people up and together instead of adversarial
Would amendments to the FN rights not be a starting point in this? Its not like anyone wants them to be treated any less than any of the rest of us... so whats the big deal?

Shooter
10-04-2009, 10:01 PM
You know the funny thing is that my wife has enough indian in her to be able to be status. Yet we have never applied and never will because neither of us believe in the special rights for one group of canadians.

Dannybuoy
10-04-2009, 10:05 PM
You know the funny thing is that my wife has enough indian in her to be able to be status. Yet we have never applied and never will because neither of us believe in the special rights for one group of canadians.
Ha ha that is funny .... my ex does as well so as far as blood-lines go both my kids have more "native heritage" than Jelvis claims to have ...
although they seem to have a few less rights

mike_b
10-04-2009, 10:09 PM

I like that idea.......A WHOLE LOT!!!!!

Wild one
10-04-2009, 10:12 PM
You boys come up with something good that might work I want to hear it. I have stayed out of this do to the fact I just end up getting pissed off and I don't want to get another thread locked. If some one has a good idea I will do my best to get others to support us as it is time that hunters stand up for our rights instead of sitting back and getting stomped on.

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Shooter you never wanted your partner to apply for her birthright ?
Whats with that, does'nt sound like equal to me tellin someone not to.
Think about what that says. Later in your life --
Besides it's not as easy to get as you are saying, even if you applied now it would take forever and the red tape is astronomical --
You need paper work and history and a band to accept you so not easy ah
Jel -- it ain't changing anywayz in our lifetime --

Dannybuoy
10-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Shooter you never wanted your partner to apply for her birthright ?
Whats with that, does'nt sound like equal to me tellin someone not to.
Think about what that says. Later in your life --
Besides it's not as easy to get as you are saying, even if you applied now it would take forever and the red tape is astronomical --
You need paper work and history and a band to accept you so not easy ah
Jel -- it ain't changing anywayz in our lifetime --
It already has changed in our lifetime ...

And Jelvis you are very wrong about appliing for status ... 2 young fellas i worked with applied .... the last one took less than a year ... after which he quit his job because he figured his "free ride" began ...

Shooter
10-04-2009, 10:26 PM
What makes you think I have any say in whether she applies for her status or not? She is her own person and we are EQUALS in our marriage. It just so happens that we share the same views on the matter. I guess things like that are what have helped us remain together for almost 20 years. Not bad for a "young guy" huh? Life isn't always about taking the easy road Jel. If either of us felt conviction in the matter then it would be worth applying for wouldn't it? And we do have family that are band members FYI. (And we get along great by the way)

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Not easy to get anymore it takes time and a paper trail and background history documents etc. If the link was broken it's tough if the link is there, it can be enough to prove linkage. Second generation limit also .
Linkage to lineage.
Jel -- it's a long and winding road that leads to your door. Paul McCartney
Shooter I kinda figured that one about the family memberz, it's a pride issue and that's where the fight comes from -- > Done like dinner < --

Wild one
10-04-2009, 10:28 PM
If no body has noticed yet jelvis is just trying to get you going so this thread gets locked it is better to ignore him then try to under stand his riddles.

If there is some one here who knows how to type get a letter going to the gov and the rest of us collect signatures to support it. This would be better than just bitching between our selves I would do the letter but my typing sucks.

KodiakHntr
10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
If there is some one here who knows how to type get a letter going to the gov and the rest of us collect signatures to support it. This would be better than just bitching between our selves I would do the letter but my typing sucks.

Now that post makes sense...

Shooter
10-04-2009, 10:38 PM

I agree lets get it going. Surely there is someone out there that can put the fingers to the keyboard and say what needs to be said in a tasteful manner. I am sure we could circulate it around and get more than a few signatures.

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 10:47 PM
How would you word it, and start maybe give an example on here and see if it sounds intelligent enough for the person in authority that will read it.
Maybe give a small paragraph on how you would explain your position on what in particular first.
The heading of your complaint written out.
Jelvis -- give a little rough paragraph and see if it sounds proper in your words, hey go for it and i'll be ready to critique it for you.

Shooter
10-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Maybe even sign it too huh Jel? Fight the good fight for canadian equality?

Wild one
10-04-2009, 10:49 PM
If it can be worded the right way so we can get the help of the hunters outside of BC I think it would be a big help. If it is possible to get sign up sheets out to as many people we can and we all try and collect signatures not just our own.

Wild one
10-04-2009, 10:53 PM
The issue is the right for all Canadians to be able to access the land and to not have one group restrict the rights of others.

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Ok Shooter let's get this rolling and see what your going to say to ah, ah oh yah who you gonna call ?
Should know who so let's hear who gets the complaint and suggestions of equal rights on everything for everyone all the time --
Who what and how "
Jel -- Who yah going to call on to help change things ?

Shooter
10-04-2009, 10:54 PM
As well as the obligation for the authorities to uphold the laws of all canadians.

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 10:58 PM
C'mon man spit it out, who are you sending this suggestion to ?
What is the topic the reason for the letter ?
and any suggestions as how to change it in the constitution soon.
Jel -- put it down right here and we'll critique it

Shooter
10-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Its always gotta start somewhere Jel. There are many many out there that have proven themselves far more versed in the english language and canadian politics than I.

Why don't you come up with a draft of what a plea for canadian equality should look like? Maybe you could be the spokesman of the century, go down in history.

Jel---the unitor of nations--- Could be your legacy man.

Lets see what you got Jel. We all know you have the gift of gab lets do good with the gift. Don't waste your powers superJel.

Shooter
10-04-2009, 11:02 PM
I'll check back tomorrow I need to rest for the hunt tomorrow.

I know you can do it Jel... be the hero inside of you.

Jelvis
10-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Shooter, don't run away now your getting deeper and deeper into this every post your nearer to your purpose in life, start the letter on here example
Dear Mr or Miz so and so
I am writing this on behalf of me and a list of other concerned yada yadda yadda etc
Now let's here from you on something about your quest in life of equality for all in Canada.
1. Who are you going to send it too
2. What is the heading and complaint
Jel -- waiting -- tonight man sometime paw leeeze --

Gateholio
10-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Letters should be addressed to as many as you can think of....the BC Government and the federal MPs for the areas in question (Indian Affairs is federal, so why not include the feds)

CC the Newspapers, the TV news, BCWF etc etc.

Let them know that a group of people are blocking access to public land to private BC citizens.

Who you gonna send it to? Everyone.

northernequality
10-05-2009, 12:01 AM
There are many ways to proceed:

1. Pressure needs to be put on the B.C. Wildlife Fed of which some of us pay a membership to take our case before the politicians of the day.
2. We need to get our message out through all levels of media.
3. We need to rally together in one cohesive group to bring further attention to what is happening throughout the North and perhaps the whole Province in the future.
4. We need to put pressure on the RCMP to uphold the law.
5. We need to form one large group province wide, have letters signed and hand delivered by a group to Victoria, then perhaps the powers that be will listen.
6. One motto “Everybody or Nobody” needs to ring loud and clear.
7. If all of the above is tried and useless then we need to begin our own campaign of civil disobedience, blockade the blockaders.

behemoth
10-05-2009, 10:50 AM
This is a very simplified version of how I see it...

When the white man came here he took everything from the Natives. The only thing that they wanted at the time was their right to fish and hunt as they wanted. The white man LAUGHED at this request!! They thought the natives were stupid to ask for something that there was so much of. "Ok, you can have those rights", the white man snickered as they took 99% of the land, water and mineral rights away.

Fast forward to today. "Wait a minute, but game and fish aren't so abundant anymore? Who gave these guys their special rights? That's not fair!! Now we want equality!! Lets organize to take away what we have given them. "

Shooter
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I believe the main issue at hand right now at this moment is the illegal road blockades being set up to keep everyone else out. They were never given the right to not obey canadian laws.

Jelvis
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey Shooter now your talking be a martyr for the cause -- you say they have no right to block a public access road, which everyone already knows that lol. We all know that one so what's your solution idea ?
If you believe what your saying to yourself then why do you stop then keep driving. I see government road closure put up where I hunt and it did'nt stop the tourists from driving on them or the locals they go around them. One guy I saw I said this roads closed, he said no all locals use it.
Hey that's wrong man so ah but who's stopping them one guy got stopped and told it was closed and he gave the bird and kept going.
Drive up there and tell the guy hey you are not allowed to block this road and I'm going through or around and mean what you say, and say what you mean. Be a Martyr. Then it will get coverage on the news otherwise it won't see the light of day -- One out of ten people hunt the others don't so figure out your odds on winning people over to you and the way you see things in your mind. Are you helping your cause or slowing it ?
Jel -- do something or give an example of a letter and who your sending it to.
You got the podium for 20 minutes -- Mikes on. GO ---> 20 minutes of fame < --

olharley guy
10-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Howdy,personally I think at this time you can write all the letters you want and get the typical run around answers from the different gov't departments for about the next six months.
This topic is a fairly news worthy item for the press's sensationalim -road closures-gun pointing etc. and there really is nothing on any news channels or newspapers about these happenings.
Until the Olympics are over and done with, we will hear nothing about this type of stuff that may tarnish our beautiful B.C. image to the rest of the world.
The media has probably been told to put a lid on their stories regarding this. Later

coldbuc69
10-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Has there been any word on why they set up the blockade? Is it just to keep all the animals to themselves? Maybe thier sick and tried of people that do not live in there area come up for a week to two weeks a year, blast animals, leave a mess and walk away with no concern of what they did because they don't have to deal with it. I know not all hunters are like this, but there is a lot of hunters that do. That's the one thing that sucks living in the north. look at all the oil and gas money made in the north that does not stay in the north. It all goes down south to make the southern parts of BC a better place to live. Is that fair? the Horn river Basin is 30km out of Fort Nelson and has made close to 2 billion in land sales for the province, and mr cambell thought is was nice to give us 5 million for our rec center that collapsed.

Wild one
10-05-2009, 08:06 PM
A petition has been started and if you want to help put a stop to this it is in the politics forum

Jelvis
10-05-2009, 08:43 PM
If it's coming to a road near me. That is future, the term that's coming, it's ok cuz it ain't there, that's future tense, so keep going it's just your thought prediction does'nt mean it's going to happen. It's your thoughts of what might happen you can't tell the future. lol.
If I get to a road that has a gate or a blockage whether it's a ranch or deactivated, I'll go to another spot and hunt close by or over there.
Jellyvis -- one road closes another one or two openzz --

betteroffishing
10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
get to the back of the bus , and quite your whinin about it , it aint never gonna change , eh jell-o