PDA

View Full Version : our hunting trip to region 3

smokey
10-04-2009, 09:48 AM
My brothers, my son and I just got back from our annual family trip to region 3. We left on Wednesday to get up there before opening day. Thursday started with some heavy hunting. My son and I were in one truck and my two brothers were in another. As the day drew on with seeing many does, we were hungry to see a buck. In the middle of the day i seen a grouse on the side of my truck so i took a shot at it with my pistol grip 12 ga with a heavy bird shot. Bad mistake! It nailed me in the face and busted my upper lip open (i changed the stock after). So my older brother and I drove down to town to the hospital and my son and brother kept on hunting.

After the stint in town, we give my other brother a call before hitting the hill again. We get ahold of him and he screams on the phone that he just shot a 4x3 (it's his first buck in like three years). We congratulate him and start racing to where he is. After 20 mins of driving we get to a V in the road that he was on and called him again to see were he was. He blasted on the phone that my son just shot his first deer ever,a two pointer and at only 12 years old he filled his first deer tag!

Friday moring starts like the other day. Lots of does and grouse but no bucks. We hunted hard for the whole day and a 1 hour before the sun went down I decied to try a different area. As I was driving down the main logging road and rounded a corner, there stood a stocky 2 pointer, which ended my trip as he went down with one shot from my 30-06. I took my buck back to camp and showed my brothers and then made a decision that we would all go home the next moring because the temp was warming up during the day and we did not want our meat to spoil.

Saturday we packed up and started down the logging road with my older brother and the only tag left in the lead. We drove approx 5 kms and he jumps out of his truck with gun drawn no shot, he runs into the bushes as we wait and BOOM! We knew he dropped it. It was a nice 2 pointer. We skined it and contuined down the road because we had a deadline for the butcher back in town. Cruising down at a good speed we rounded a corner, there was a 4x4 on sertiods. He bucked up his front legs and tried to get his 4 wheel drive in motion as he ran up the hill.

All in all, it was a trip to remember with 4 bucks, good times, and a busted lip.

Brambles
10-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Sounds like a great trip, just a reminder that forum rules dictate pictures are required, we have short attention spans and poor imaginations which require visual stimulation..

Congrats

TIKA 300
10-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a great trip, just a reminder that forum rules dictate pictures are required, we have short attention spans and poor imaginations which require visual stimulation..

Congrats

I agree WE have short att....... What was i talking about ???

Thats awesome about the bucks,congrats,sorry to hear about the lip thou.:cool:

RBH
10-04-2009, 11:24 AM
pictures are required

And that includes the lip! ;)

Congrats on a successful and memorable trip.

d6dan
10-04-2009, 11:37 AM
And that includes the lip! ;)

Congrats on a successful and memorable trip.

Its always good to show proof!. Congrats to all of you on a great hunt..:wink:

buckguy
10-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Congrats on a great hunt and some fond and not so fond (lip) memories. We need the pics so we can live vicariously through you. :wink: Hope my hunt goes similar to yours next week when I am region 3.

DV-67
10-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Congrats on a great hunt and some fond and not so fond (lip) memories. We need the pics so we can live vicariously through you. :wink: Hope my hunt goes similar to yours next week when I am region 3.

Region 3 sucks. Go somewhere else and take your buddies with you ;-) :lol:

MuleyMadness
10-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Region 3 sucks. Go somewhere else and take your buddies with you ;-) :lol:

I agree....try 5 or for all you REAL hunters out there, region 7a or 7b...much better choices, and really just a hop, skip, and jump away.

timbermilton
10-04-2009, 03:28 PM
congrats to you all, and especially to your son.

smokey
10-04-2009, 04:46 PM
i'm not able to post them because their sizes is too big,if someone can post them for me a will send them thou e-mail