PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hunted 8-5?

mrjdf
10-03-2009, 11:29 AM
hey guys anyone ever hunted 8-5 up behind coquihalla lakes and such towards tulameen??????? Thanks.

hairy spotter
10-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I was there with my wife in the spring. We drove nearly 150km of backroads. Ran into only one truck filled with natives, no other hunters, but no game either. Except a huge snowshoe hare, the first and only I have seen yet. He just stood in the middle of this trail we were hiking and stared at us until we were about 15 yards from him, then ran off. He was out of season, lucky *******.

bruin
10-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Went in there yesterday actually. Saw some does, several trucks cruising the roads. Most of the alpine has quad trails through it which is a crying shame. Lots of logging both old and new. The bush is fairly thick in some places, semi-coastal I guess.

mrjdf
10-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Well thanks for the info guys ive got 5 days to hit the bush starting the 15 of oct still trying to decide where to go. We usually go up mile 171 of the alaska hwy for 2 weeks at this time of year, but i only have 5 days this time so were trying to decide where to go. I have to be within 3 hours or so of the lower mainland. We have quads and a nice big wall tent now just need somewhere to go. Thanks guys