PDA

View Full Version : Did I purchase a license???

Jager
10-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Well, I'm in a situation where I just can't remember if I bought one this spring or not. I usually buy all my licenses in the spring (fresh, tidal, and hunting) but with money being tighter this year I 'MAY HAVE' decided to put off purchasing my hunting license until the fall. So, I search the house and can only find last years license and think "Yup, I probably didn't buy one yet" but I still have some doubt. I then decide to call the BC Acess Center as I didn't want to get into trouble for buying 2 licenses under my name, and I ask the employee if they could check their records to see if I already had one. The person's response went something along the lines of "how should we know if you bought a license or not?"........WTF???? I thought they kept records for the wildlife questionaires and such. I was just trying to do the right thing and would have just got a replacement license if necessary. Oh well, I guess it's really my fault for not remembering. I just find it odd that they couldn't help me.

hillclimber
10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
in the regs i think it says that if you lost your liscence its a $10 fee to get it back. now i am not sure if they are talkin about your hunter number card or if its about your tags. hope this helps.

cheers
stefan

Jager
10-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Yup, that was my understanding too. $10 for a replacement license but I don't know if I even purchased one in the first place and the person at BC Access couldn't help me. Maybe I found a loophole to get $10 licenses???? I have to add, the person I talked to was more than willing to help with my hunter number card and it took me some time to explain that was not the reason I was calling. Just frustrated.

BiG Boar
10-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I am not sure when all the paperwork is sent in from the hunting store where you buy your licence. I have just seen them keep the reciept in a box sometimes, who knows how often they have to send it in. Maybe just year end?

demlake
10-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Do you buy your license at the same place every year?

If so, might be worth checking there.