PDA

View Full Version : Kluskus: a word of caution

Squirrelnuts
10-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Got this sent to me today and thought I'd pass it along in case someone has a moose draw in the area or was planning on hunting around the 4000 road. I've taken out the name of the consulting company involved as it has no bearing on the incident. For what it's worth I'm guessing that it's an isolated incident but I thought there's no harm in passing it along.

(a consulting company) had two staff members working in the Kluskus area today. They are staying at Fishpot Resort. When, at the end of the day, the employees attempted to drive back to Fishpot, they came across a pickup truck blocking the road. There were several (5?) natives in the truck. As the employees approached the truck to ask them to pull off the road, a native man got out of the truck and produced a rifle. He then aimed the rifle at the head of one of the employees and chambered a round. The employees spoke to the natives and were eventually able to pass without harm. The employees called the RCMP and the involved men have apparently been arrested.

One of these days this kind of shit is going to end badly...

ElkMasterC
10-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Geeezzzussss...... I hope they sell new boxers at the general store.....

Oh and you mentioned the word "native"...so I give this thread two pages....lol

10-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Wow, those are very serious allegations! Luckily nobody was hurt or killed.

riflebuilder
10-02-2009, 01:18 PM
where is Kluskus?

PGK
10-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Jesus, I know a few guys who would have turned that little incident into a bloodbath. Those guys must be some hella good negotiators!!

Squirrelnuts
10-02-2009, 01:22 PM
where is Kluskus?

It's (ballpark) around 150 kms west of Quesnel, past Nazko. 5-13C

Steeleco
10-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Geeezzzussss...... I hope they sell new boxers at the general store.....

Oh and you mentioned the word "native"...so I give this thread two pages....lol

So long as we all stay to the facts, I don't see you being right!!! ;-)

ElkMasterC
10-02-2009, 01:37 PM
So long as we all stay to the facts, I don't see you being right!!! ;-)

Prove me wrong, gentlemen, prooove me wrong... ;-)

Steeleco
10-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm outta here in an hour for the weekend, lets I come back to lots of pictures of future dinners and not banned members!!!

3kills
10-02-2009, 01:55 PM
david you comin this way

Stone Sheep Steve
10-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Jesus, I know a few guys who would have turned that little incident into a bloodbath. Those guys must be some hella good negotiators!!

I think most of us would become good negotiators will a rifle barrell pointed at our heads.:?

No time to reach into your jacket.

SSS

frenchbar
10-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Who realy in this HBC forum didnt think that this CRAP wasnt going to happen .prepare your selfs its only going to get worse ,wait till it starts down in the southern parts of the province:eek:

Jelvis
10-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Sure they weren't Asians ? dark complexions
remember the the other thread about poachers -- if your really scared hey
they say don't go to Woverton Mountain
Jel -

KodiakHntr
10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Who realy in this HBC forum didnt think that this CRAP wasnt going to happen .prepare your selfs its only going to get worse ,wait till it starts down in the southern parts of the province:eek:

Quesnel is in the southern part of the province isn't it?

frenchbar
10-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Quesnel is in the southern part of the province isn't it?close enough..

Squirrelnuts
10-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Sure they weren't Asians ? dark complexions
remember the the other thread about poachers -- if your really scared hey
they say don't go to Woverton Mountain
Jel -

Yeah, straight off the Kluskus Asian Reserve.

LYKTOHUNT
10-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Quesnel is in the southern part of the province isn't it?
Central its Gods country

Islandeer
10-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Three pages. No one is above the law. Hope they get nailed.

Shooter
10-02-2009, 03:02 PM
No Canadians are above the law..... period.

BearSniper
10-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Steelco

Get out there Dave and hammer ' em;)

If you get that big Thyne mountain Blackie I'm going to be jealous. Theres a few good Mulies in there too.

hillclimber
10-02-2009, 03:59 PM
maybe it would be better to start packing handguns like all the gangster do if we ever arise to a situation like this.

Shooter
10-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Ya... then someone really WOULD go to jail.

Jelvis
10-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Now you know why a C O carries iron -- everyone in bc thinks they own everything and all things so in the bush for a few --- days with rifles and guns so DAH -- camping near moose lake and deer lake after a days hunt and tellin war stories -- they are trained and authorized so we don need any self proclaimed western gun slinger ahombray -- lol -- a hic -
Jel -- have another wobbly pop - a hic ahah haha hehe silly bugger lol. NOT

kgriz
10-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Anybody chambers a round and points it at me whereas my life is now in serious danger and my kids soon to be orphaned better be ready to be dead or at least spurting blood shortly thereafter....I guarantee the gun in my truck will be bigger:eek:

Long bow
10-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Anybody chambers a round and points it at me whereas my life is now in serious danger and my kids soon to be orphaned better be ready to be dead or at least spurting blood shortly thereafter....I guarantee the gun in my truck will be bigger:eek:

I'm with you...had enough of this stuff,,,work hard all year to get to the bush for some R&R and a little hunt with the boys, NOT to have this happen...A pick up truck load wont be enough to stop this poop storm..

NaStY
10-02-2009, 08:52 PM
I can see this thread going no where but down hill..

Theirs alot of "things" happening in this country and were not going to solve them by shooting people or threatening people. If you aren't happy with the way things are then call RCMP, CO's or the media if you think you have a story to tell.

I don't think Marc would condone violence of any kind. So don't post it....