PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Saying Hello

Jimr
09-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey All , Iam new here so i thought i would say hello, ive been readin thru the Posts for a few days now and already have learned alot that will help me out... Was just Out last weekend with a friend in 3-18. Lookin for 4pts, we didnt even see one....But within One hour at first morning we seen 8 Moose. Neither of us had a moose tag .....I was sittin callin for deer , when i heard some branches and dead fall crashing behind me to look at see a big cow moose standing only 11 yards away from me .... i stopped calling and went Unnoticed i figured that was close enough.....and she just went on her way ....was exciting anyways for a weekend of not gettin any deer...we did manage a few road hens though....

Jim...................

AND..

For being a "newby" Heres a Joke...may have already heard..

A taxidermist
is on vacation down south. He is feeling
a little thirsty and decides
to have a few drinks at the
nearest tavern. Upon entering the tavern,
the conversation
stops and all eyes turn to him.

Feeling a little uneasy,
he makes his way to the bar to
order a beer. The bartender serves him
and says, "Ya'll
ain't from 'round these parts, is ya?"

Guy: "No...I
am from Connecticut."

Bartender: "What is it you do up there in Connecticut?"
Guy: "Well, I am a taxidermist."

Bartender: "A taxidermist...Hey Al, you ever hear of a taxi-
dermist?"

Al: "No, never heard of it."

Bartender: "So Mr. Taxidermist, what is it you do exactly?"

Guy: "Well, I mount dead animals."

Bartender: "It's OK boys--he's one of us!".

Shooter
09-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy

lilhoss
09-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Welcome newbie!.Enjoy the ride.As far as the joke,well,hopefully your a better shot than a joke teller.lol.

Sasquatch
09-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Welcome Jimr -- sounds like you're going to fit right in.

BCJunior
09-30-2009, 10:14 PM
welcome to HBC!
btw nice joke :P

quackquackbang
09-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Welcome!!! good joke!:biggrin:

Blainer
09-30-2009, 10:18 PM
I see you made it on.
Welcome
Any of those moose immature?

Island hunter 300 win mag
09-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey new guy im new as well!!! Can you please tell me how to post new threads? im not that great on the comp lol thanks

d6dan
09-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Welcome aboard Jimr. Pretty good joke too!:roll:

Island hunter 300 win mag
09-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Help me post a joke i dont know how to start a thread lol

lip_ripper00
09-30-2009, 11:30 PM
home page, just below HBC headline, FORMS open chat, hit the "NEW THREAD" and away you go

Jimr
10-01-2009, 06:07 AM
No Bulls as far as i could see , may have been some immy walking around with the rest of the cows ..but like i said neither of us had a tag, seeing a Immy without a tag sureeeee would have sucked........ we didnt pay close attn. we were there for Mullies and black bear....didnt see one of either..:(:roll:

Little Hawk
10-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Welcome aboard Jim! Lot'sa help from good people here.

I'd be taken a tag with me into Reg. 3.

Haven't hunted there for about 4 or 5 yrs but on our last trip my buddy Ron shot an Immy/bull about 20/km East of Mud Lk. (East of Tyaughton Lk)

One of the greatest shots I ever seen: thru the heart at 400 to 450yds with a 308...
Bullwinkle took 3-steps then piled up like a train-wreck.
I saw it all happen from less than 100 yds from the moose; buddy got the shot off faster than me.

Changed the way I think about the 308'.

buckguy
10-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Welcome to the site. Nice joke. Some great people here, lots of advice to be had.

Jimr
10-01-2009, 08:00 AM
There is a ton of advice, and i dont even have to ask the questions, i have been just Looking up what i would ask and theyve already been asked...its great so far that way!! and i didnt plan on seeing moose in that region first time i have been out that way ...iam originally from GP Alberta , then lived in Ontario for many years.... so iam styll new to the Hunting in bc thing:)..But so far its been fun just unsucessful...Until next time....i have a tag now for , deer bear and moose..........

Blainer
10-01-2009, 08:37 AM
There is a ton of advice, and i dont even have to ask the questions, i have been just Looking up what i would ask and theyve already been asked...its great so far that way!! and i didnt plan on seeing moose in that region first time i have been out that way ...iam originally from GP Alberta , then lived in Ontario for many years.... so iam styll new to the Hunting in bc thing:)..But so far its been fun just unsucessful...Until next time....i have a tag now for , deer bear and moose..........
Atta boy.
Glad you purchased that moose tag!

Jimr
10-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Yea , Now with My luck i will Not see a single one..lol...Maybe try a different region for deer?...what region do you guys suggest (not asking for any hot spot locations ) just suggestions..

Steeleco
10-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Stick to one spot you like. You'll never really learn all it secrets. We hunt a spot in reg 8 for spring bears. On a good day we can get multiple bears, the next day you'd think they were extinct!!

Welcome to the site and to hunting in BC.

Mr. Dean
10-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey All , Iam new here so i thought i would say hello, ive been readin thru the Posts for a few days now and already have learned alot that will help me out... Was just Out last weekend with a friend in 3-18. Lookin for 4pts, we didnt even see one....But within One hour at first morning we seen 8 Moose. Neither of us had a moose tag .....I was sittin callin for deer , when i heard some branches and dead fall crashing behind me to look at see a big cow moose standing only 11 yards away from me .... i stopped calling and went Unnoticed i figured that was close enough.....and she just went on her way ....was exciting anyways for a weekend of not gettin any deer...we did manage a few road hens though....

Jim".

That's an EXCELLENT day in the field hunting!
It's the experiance that counts, imo,,,, not only the kills.

Welcome, and,,, nice jk. Me likes it. :mrgreen:

shantz
10-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Welcome to HBC. good joke

Jimr
10-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes....:)..Alot of nice animals taken by alot of guys on this site :)...