PDA

View Full Version : Moved To Bc Do I Have To Take Core

Jonas111
09-29-2009, 10:40 PM
I moved here from Alberta 4 years ago and haven't hunted hear in BC yet. I am getting the itch pretty bad.

Wondering if my WIN card from Alberta is good enough to get my BC Hunting license? Does anyone know if this is acceptable or do I need to take the Hunter safety course for a third time in the third province I am living in.

Thanks in advance

zorlac
09-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Taken from the BCWF website.

Resident Hunter Number Cards

The Resident Hunter Number card is a mandatory requirement for all British Columbia residents who wish to obtain a British Columbia Resident Hunting Licence. The card containing the hunter number must be presented to the licence issuer to obtain a Resident Hunting Licence.

Hunter number cards can only be obtained from Government Agent offices and the Ministry of Environment, Lands and Parks issuing offices. It is illegal for a person to obtain, possess, or use more than one (1) Hunter Number.

A resident of the Province may obtain a Resident Hunter Number card by applying to a government agent or person employed in an office of BC Environment who is authorized to issue resident hunter number cards, and producing:

(a) a Conservation Outdoor Recreation Education program (CORE) certificate as defined in BC Reg. 53/98, the Hunter Safety Training Regulation, or

(b) a document issued by a province of Canada , other than British Columbia, or a state of the United States of America evidencing successful completion of a hunter safety training course, and

(c) a document proving that the applicant is a resident of the province of British Columbia (BC Drivers Licence, BC Health Care card, BC Identification card or other combination) which would show permanent residency in BC.

Note for (a) and (b) above:

"Document" does not include an affidavit. Affidavits are no longer accepted. verification of graduation from a hunter safety training course from another province/state (written or fax) is acceptable. If a person cannot comply with the above requirement, they must complete both the Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Education *(CORE) written examination and practical firearms handling test.

Residency

1) Resident - means

(a) a person who

(i) is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, whose only or primary residence is in British Columbia, and

(ii) has resided in British Columbia for 6 months in the 12 months immediately before making an application under this Act, or

(b) a person who

(i) is not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, but whose only or primary residence is in British Columbia, and

(ii) has resided in British Columbia for the 12 month period immediately before making an application under this Act.

2) Non-resident - means

(a) a person who is not a resident but who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, or

(b) a person who

(i) is not a resident, but whose only or primary residence is in Canada, and

(ii) has resided in Canada for the 12 month period immediately before making an application under this Act.

3) Non-resident (Alien) - means a person who is neither a resident or a non-resident.

quackquackbang
09-29-2009, 11:14 PM
well i moved here from Newfoundland in january and got my hunting number changed over there last month all they done was take a copy of my hunting card from Newfoundland and gave me a new BC hunting number!!

Jonas111
09-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I read that on the website but it is not clear on whether or not you can use an Alberta WIN card. You cannot get your Alberta WIN card unless you have the hunter safety course. With that I can only assume (I HATE ASSUMING) that my Alberta WIN card should be good enough proof that I have passed the hunter safety course.

I was hoping another Albertan may have went through the same thing and could give me there opinion.

Thanks for the reply nonetheless

seanps
09-30-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm from New Brunswick, and I was told over the phone I just need to bring the proof of my N.B. hunter education course to get the hunter education number. I'm sure it's the same for Albertans.

For some reason, however, there's no Service BC centre that does hunter numbers in Vancouver -- I've got to drive an hour to Maple Ridge! Lame.

Jonas111
10-03-2009, 12:31 PM
I called Ontario where I took the course in 1988 and the faxed it out to me and I got my license yesterday.

Yee haw and now I get to start hunting in BC.

Thanks to all who attempted to help.

Elk Chaser
10-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I have lived in NS,ONT,MAN,AB and MT and all you needed to do is show a hunting license from another province or state.

You can get a WIN card without taking the hunters course in Alberta but it will only allow you to buy the fishing license, so Jonas you need to pick up a hunting license that comes with a paper copy.

sparkes3
10-04-2009, 05:56 PM
take your alta hunters number to a government agent ang they will transfer it to a b.c hunter number for you

Bowzone_Mikey
10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I moved here from Alberta 4 years ago and haven't hunted hear in BC yet. I am getting the itch pretty bad.

Wondering if my WIN card from Alberta is good enough to get my BC Hunting license? Does anyone know if this is acceptable or do I need to take the Hunter safety course for a third time in the third province I am living in.

Thanks in advance

No its not ... tried that in 06 when i moved here ...because you can get a/you need win card with a fishing licence in AB
evidently neither is the BHEP

if you have the paper work from the last hunters ed course .... they might accept that ....

I challanged the BC core ...

Bowzone_Mikey
10-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I have lived in NS,ONT,MAN,AB and MT and all you needed to do is show a hunting license from another province or state.

Nope that dont work either

Jonas111
10-04-2009, 08:31 PM
You need to show proof of taking the course no matter where you are from in North America. I called Ontario where I took the course in 1988 and they faxed it to me Friday and I had my license by 4:30pm and was hunting all weekend long.

Next question is PAL related. I want to challenge the CFSC ASAP and where can I do that in Kelowna? Does anyone know.

Thanks