PDA

View Full Version : Newb to forum...

hazardiz
09-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Just thought I'd say hi before posting elsewhere...from Prince George...have on more year left in Calgary for schooling and then back there...somewhat new to hunting but loving every minute of it...cheers

cmp88
09-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Hey guys I'm a new member here too but I've been lurking on the forum for a month or so. I got my PAL and Hunting license about 6 years ago when I turned 18. I've spent a lot of time at the range trap shooting but have yet to go hunting. I own a shotgun and I'm looking to get a starter rifle so I can go get some black tails, I was thinking a 30-30. Oh and I live in the Coquitlam area. Anyways I have a lame joke for you all.

A farmer was having problems with a bear climbing up his tree in the back yard, so he hired this guy who came very highly recommended to catch the bear.
The hunter came with a shotgun, rope, and a small dog. He gave the shotgun to the farmer and said, "Stay down here and I'll climb the tree, and shake the branches. When the bear falls, my dog will bite on his nuts, and while the bear is in agony, I'll come down and tie him up with the rope. Okay?"
The farmer nodded his head and asked, "But what is the shotgun for?"
The hunter replied, "Well, sometimes I fall off the tree. In that case, shoot the dog - fast!"