PDA

View Full Version : Youth Competitive Shooting

SharpShot6
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
I would really like to start competitive shooting, but where do I start?

I am only 10 years old, so this is where you guys come in.

darrin6109
09-29-2009, 03:55 PM
If you find any info let me know my son is ten and would also like to get into the sport
thanks
Darrin

09-29-2009, 03:55 PM
if you look in the phone book under fish and game clubs find a close one and phone them. I'm sure in the next few minuts there will be a few places on your thread. Clubs have youth programs available and are alot of fun.
when i was a kid i went to a few....
post a general area here so people can help with th closest to you
ie abbotsford, langley

SharpShot6
09-29-2009, 04:03 PM
If you find any info let me know my son is ten and would also like to get into the sport
thanks
Darrin
Hi dad its cam
I hope you relize its me
and why is there a picture of me with the deer i shot as your pic

09-29-2009, 04:06 PM
busted!...............

LOC
09-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Most rod and gun clubs have a Jr. shooting program. I'm just guessing but will assume you're talking .22 sporting and/or match.

The Sapperton Fish and Game club (they have an indoor range at Queens park in New West) has a great Jr. program and has had a few members go on to shoot in things like the Pan-Am and Common Wealth games.

I shot out of both Sapperton and Langley clubs for years, but never went too far beyond national compations.

From both of those clubs I got invitations to shooting clinics and more specialized training, including some sessions with national coaches.

I think you need to be 13 before you can start shooting in the comps, but you can start learning and practicing now :)