PDA

View Full Version : New to the Lower Mainland, and missing the hunt!

ty_davis34
09-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Hey all, I moved to BC a few years back and I'm seriously missing the Southern Ontario Whitetail hunts every year... Got my gear and I'm ready to go...

only one question - WHERE?

I'm in Burnaby, and I've checked out Indian Arm and Pinecone Burke... Am I going the wrong direction? I obviously don't want any secret sweet spots revealed, but any help directing a lonely hunter to a legal spot to throw up a tree stand would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

hillclimber
09-29-2009, 07:00 AM
theres a few whitey's around princeton and rock creek. if you use the search engine on the site you will come up with more info then you need.

cheers
stefan

FLHTCUI
09-29-2009, 07:22 AM
There are a few white tail in and around Merritt.
Then from the connector to Princeton as well.
They are populating almost like rabbits, so sooner or later you will find them or stumble upon them while hunting other critters.
Rob

Ddog
09-29-2009, 07:51 AM
to put it bluntly,,,,yes you are in the wrong direction. where you were is blacktail country, you need to go into region 8-12 for some serious whitetail action, there is closer areas but its only about 4-5hrs from you now and makes a great week-end trip. Osoyoos and Rock creek are great areas for WT, go and learn some areas in rock creek you wont be disappointed in that area.
OH YA,,,,welcome to HBC, now you owe us all a joke, its kinda an unwritten rule here.
cheers...D

ty_davis34
09-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the direction! I realize now that my first thread was a little too direct - a blacktail would look just as good in the freezer.

Joke, eh? here goes nothin:

So my stag was last October, and my best man dared me to tattoo my soon-to-be wifes name on my... you know... 'special spot'... Wendy and I got married on November 25, and we flew to Jamaica the following day for our honeymoon. On our first night out, I was standing next to a local fella at the urinals and noticed he had the same tattoo!

"hey, you're married to a Wendy too??"

"nah mon, dat say 'Welcome to Jamaica mon, have a nice day"

...too much?