PDA

View Full Version : So far this fall with the kids

kgriz
09-28-2009, 10:09 PM
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww249/mikekozak2/bradybrooklynelk.jpg
Took Brady and Brooklyn out the other day overnight hunting for elk and managed to call out a small spike within 30 yards

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww249/mikekozak2/bradybrooklynbear2.jpg

Then went out tonight to look for a buck and the kids wanted me to shoot
this 5 1/2 footer, so we tipped him over and they were very excited....will make a couple of cool pairs of mitts and some wooly hats for ice-fishing trips to come.

hunterofthedeer
09-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Sound like some fun with the kids....nice bear too!!

Blainer
09-28-2009, 10:12 PM
It's all about the kids!
Sounds like you all are having a blast.

The Dawg
09-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Nice work...the smiles say it all

kgriz
09-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Bears are like a box of choclits....you just never know what you're goin to get! I've shot book bears and small bears and looked at hundreds and its always a little bit of a surprise when you walk up to them, especially in a field .... some big ones looked little and some little ones looked big...I know what to look for and almost always shoot boars because of it but I defy anybody to judge the exact size of fat fall bears to the foot out past 300m. Anyways the kids are stoked and it was a good time for all...except the bear I suppose:shock:

TSW
09-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Sweet to see the kids out on the hunt! Some good memories are being made there, that's for sure!

TheDuckinator
09-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Good job taking the kids, we need more hunters joining the sport and you will get some great memories :)

Steeleco
09-29-2009, 12:10 AM
good for you getting the little ones out there. Your gang looks younger than when I started taking my son out, but now he's the one filling the family freezer, at least so far. Enjoy them now, the grow up fast.

TIKA 300
09-29-2009, 06:53 AM
The smiles surely say it all,nice bear also.

kgriz
09-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Actually my son is getting to be a bit of a young veteran, he's been on 3 spring turkey hunts and quite a few elk excersions.....its a tricky balance of not too much though in case he gets turned off....my daughter was a little whiney at 4:45am at 7 below for the elk but she's learning quickly that if you get up early and be quiet you actually get to see animals like the spike we called in.....she'll be taking Brady's spot this spring for turkeys as he is now in grade 2 and unfortunately gets to learn the hard way of work before fun...for that matter we had to get up early today to finish the homework he never got done because of the bear last night.:p

mijinkal
09-29-2009, 09:20 AM
That's awesome. Their smiles say it all.
I'm planning on taking my kids out this weekend as well, they look like they're the around same ages as mine. It's so much more fun with them, I almost prefer to hunt with them. as long as they stay quiet
They love it because they get to drive the truck and watch me slam on the brakes, throw them off my lap and shoot grouse.

kgriz
09-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Good job, I highly recommend a jogger stroller to be in the equipment arsenal....when you call something in I just throw a camo net over it and they are right in the mix....my son has been right on a couple big bull elk and turkeys using this method, sometimes he even does the calling so that my hands can be free

LeverActionJunkie
09-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Good one kgriz! the kids sure seem to enjoy it:)

kgriz
09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah they do....
I'm not sure I just "enjoyed" getting the hide ready for me to tan next summer.....at least not the last hour of it.

leadpillproductions
09-29-2009, 02:36 PM
nothing better than taking the kids out and showing them some fun