PDA

View Full Version : hunting trip

3006pg
09-28-2009, 02:29 PM
going to rock creek with my cousin and a couple of his buddies on the 9th, should be a blast never been there before , hoping to get a nice buck. Do any of u guys know if there are more muleys or whitetails there :razz:

d6dan
09-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Do any of u guys know if there are more muleys or whitetails there :razz:

Lot and lots of both species. depends on where your hunting in Rock ck..

Wild one
09-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I will be out there around the same time(still talking the day over with my hunting partner)I have WT doe draw so I will be targeting WT. I will be in 8-14 and I do know the area well and could help you out if you let me know were you are thinking of heading. As for more WT or mule it all depends on were you choose to go but I would pack both tags as you stand a good chance of seeing both.

3006pg
09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
ya ive got both tags definatley know there is both there i was just wondering what my odds were on seein a nice whitetail :)

Axeman
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Sounds like Rock Creek is gonna be a popular place we're goin' over Thanksgiving. Thinking about making camp at Conkle Lake, if we can get a spot it's my understanding that's a pretty popular campsite (our first time in Rock Creek too). Best of luck all.

300H&H
09-28-2009, 07:07 PM
ya ive got both tags definatley know there is both there i was just wondering what my odds were on seein a nice whitetail :)

You SHOULD see a number of 3 & 4 points. Maybe some 5 points. You will need to hunt hard/walk lots to get on to a good WT.

As far as MD go up high and glass for a good one. Little guys should be almost as easy as little WT.

Have fun.

ruger#1
09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Lots of dear and elk around Rock Creek , even the odd moose. Get off the roads and into the bush. I'm heading up this Friday. Last year i took a three point mule deer and had a five point elk in my sights. Lots of yotes to shoot at , so have fun and be safe.

Wild one
09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
If you know were to sit and then you stand a good chance of seeing a nice WT. If you drive around with the crowd odds are all you will see is doe's and maybe a small buck. If a nice WT is your goal with out knowing the area odds are not in your favour that time of year. The rut in there can be deadly and you don't need to know the area as well. I will put it plane and simple if you want a hand I am offering all I need is the general area you are planning on hunting.

Mckinney Creek Adventures
09-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey Axeman,

You wont have a problem getting a spot @ Conkle.... Lots of spots and not that popular in the fall time. A very beautiful place to be with all the larch and deciduous turning yellow. It is a treat!

Good luck.

MCA

Sounds like Rock Creek is gonna be a popular place we're goin' over Thanksgiving. Thinking about making camp at Conkle Lake, if we can get a spot it's my understanding that's a pretty popular campsite (our first time in Rock Creek too). Best of luck all.