PDA

View Full Version : Honda CT 110 Licenced & Insured Can I use in ATV Closure.

elkhunter1
09-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi,
just wondering if a honda CT 110 motor Bike Licenced with plate and Insured
can I use it in ATV Closure area heating for 5-04 Zone A Wed. Taseko Lake.
Got 2 Moose Tag,s in our party.
Any info on road from Hanceville - Lee,s Corner would also be appreciated.
Thank,s

jml11
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Motorbikes are defined as ATVs in the regs so you are SOL in that department. The road from Hanceville to at least the Taseko turn off will be fine as those roads are maintained by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (also means you need to be 15m off centerline to shoot:smile:). Don't know who maintains the roads after that though.

kgriz
09-28-2009, 01:46 PM
I would strongly suggest you get at least one second opinion on that

kgriz
09-28-2009, 02:07 PM
This reply really bothered me so I took the time to shed some light on the subject.....

The hunting synopsis AND the Wildlife Act clearly define an ATV as such:

Definitions

1 In this regulation:
"atv" means a wheeled or tracked vehicle propelled by motorized power and capable of travel on or off a highway, including a motorcycle but not including
(a) a snowmobile, or
(b) a motor vehicle that is licensed for highway travel under the Motor Vehicle Act;

furthermore the BC motor vehicle Act defines vehicles NOT covered as such:

Application

2.011 Except as otherwise provided in Division 24, Divisions 4 [Lamps], 5 [Brakes], 7 [Other Equipment] and 7B [Slow Moving Vehicles and Equipment] do not apply to the following vehicles:
(a) utility vehicles;
(b) snowmobiles, snow vehicles or air cushion vehicles;
(c) neighbourhood zero emission vehicles;
(d) golf carts.

"all terrain vehicle" means a wheeled or tracked vehicle designed primarily for recreational use or for the transportation of property or equipment exclusively on marshland, open country or other unprepared surfaces and includes any trailer attached to the vehicle;

Not to tell you what to do BUT.....
If your vehicle is licenced for the highway and therefore is NOT considered an ATV by Synopsis and Wildlife Act definition or Motor vehicle Act, take your paperwork into your nearest Environment Office and get a CO to explain to you why it may not be used in ATV closed areas or during ATV hours restricted times

09-28-2009, 02:09 PM
i think dont quote me
that a licensed motor cycle is considerer a vehicle not an atv.
but if i were you i would phone conservation to be sure.
i used to hunt in an area that there was a rule "no quads before 6am" in 7-11 7-12. this was about 5 years ago might have changed now. The guys i hunted with then used a licensed street legal honda to ride to the blind. They said it wasnt considered a off road vehicle.

09-28-2009, 02:10 PM
im late. there you go

kgriz
09-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Strongly agree as per previous post

kgriz
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh and hey, its not like I'd love to have you ride by me at 6 am when I've dragged my 4 yr old daughter and 6 year old son out of bed to try and find an elk and am carting one in a jogger stroller down a deactivated road BUT I'd rather see you than some pompous ???:!!! on a horse who seems to be excempt from any of these restrictions mostly due to political pressure excerted by the BC Guides and faulty public perception on horses being " better" "good" or
" low impact":shock:

ryanb
09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Read that statement carefully. It could EASILY be interpreted in EITHER WAY.

1 In this regulation:
"atv" means a wheeled or tracked vehicle propelled by motorized power and capable of travel on or off a highway, including a motorcycle but not including
(a) a snowmobile, or
(b) a motor vehicle that is licensed for highway travel under the Motor Vehicle Act;

kgriz
09-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Not really, I just forgot to red highlight the " including a motorcycle but NOT INCLUDING"

pretty sure that a LICENCED MOTORCYCLE is included as a motor vehicle under the Motor Vehicle Act

oh yeah, read that very carefully

Stresd
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Hi,
just wondering if a honda CT 110 motor Bike Licenced with plate and Insured
can I use it in ATV Closure area heating for 5-04 Zone A Wed. Taseko Lake.
Got 2 Moose Tag,s in our party.
Any info on road from Hanceville - Lee,s Corner would also be appreciated.
Thank,s

Your Licenced Honda is legal or was when I had one in atv restricted Zones. Must be licenced and insured for the Hyway. Thats the main reason for paying the exhorbadent price for them.
Just got back from 5:4 with 2 Bulls. Check the forestry managment as there is currently a massive restricted zone in 5'4 implemented because of the Lava canyon fire.
Here's the map.
http://bcwildfire.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/9152009~45446_restricted_area_C50418_lavacanyon_20 090915.pdf

An access restriction for the area affected the fire has been instituted. Permission to gain access must be approved by the Incident Commander at the Bull Canyon fire camp. See a map (http://bcwildfire.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/9152009~45446_restricted_area_C50418_lavacanyon_20 090915.pdf)

The following access roads are closed to facilitate fire suppression:

Access of Highway 20
- Chilko-Newton Rd (7000 Rd)
- Bidwell Lakes FSR (5000 Rd)
- 5600 Rd
- Redstone-Broken Sleigh Rd

Access off Chilko-Newton (River) Road
- Chilko-Newton (River) Rd
- Chilcotin River FSR (4300 Rd)
- Chilcotin River Redstone FSR
- Newton-Whitewater (7000) Rd

Access off Taseko Lake/Whitewater (900) Rd