PDA

View Full Version : Bear Creek Fsr Whiterock Mtn 8-11/3-12?

Gunner Staal
09-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey guys,

Took a scouting trip up to the top of Whiterock Mtn/Tadpole lack area yesterday. Looks nice but im wondering if anyone knows how much hunting pressure that area will see in a few weeks. Any other suggestions in that area?

doubled
09-28-2009, 12:58 PM
It is a busy spot Gunner.

R_U_N_V_S
09-28-2009, 01:05 PM
when does the rut start in the okanagan area 8-10,8-12,8-11,
3-12,---wt and mule please and thanks

Fisher-Dude
09-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey guys,

Took a scouting trip up to the top of Whiterock Mtn/Tadpole lack area yesterday. Looks nice but im wondering if anyone knows how much hunting pressure that area will see in a few weeks. Any other suggestions in that area?

A word of caution: only walk across the road at crosswalks and make sure the light at the spur road intersections is green BEFORE you proceed during October any buck.

Yeah, it's a zoo of locals up there (actually most of the Westside is), and what isn't logged off bald-ass prairie is thick spruce. I go elsewhere.

Gunner Staal
09-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks Fisher Dude...any other suggestions? Im new to the area and im working my ASS of scouting. I saw a few bucks up there and no one else but figured it was toooooo good to be true. Send me a message if you feel like helping a hard working guy out. Thanks!

Pete
09-28-2009, 05:04 PM
The first nations folks have been hitting this area hard since the end of July

300H&H
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
when does the rut start in the okanagan area 8-10,8-12,8-11,
3-12,---wt and mule please and thanks

I'll give you the simple answer...IT DEPENDS !

With that said weather plays a big part.
Hot days will push the deer to rut mainly in the night.
Rain can effect it also. Who wants to run around looking for a hot doe. Wait for dryer times.
Altitude & lattitude. Deer here in Kelowna can rut a week later than deer in Westbank. Just as deer in BC will rut sooner than deer in Texas.

Now for my experience.

Mule deer rut late Oct to mid Nov. (I like Oct 23-25 best)
Whitetail rut early Nov to late Nov. (I like Nov 7-10 best)

The rut CAN go as late as early Dec.

Now I will once AGAIN say this is MY EXPERIENCE.
Nobody jump on me. I don't want to rodeo. :shock: