PDA

View Full Version : 7-24 hunting info

One Shot Willy
09-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Hello,

I drew Calf or Cow moose in 7-24. I have never been to 7-24 before and I was wondering what the hunting for moose is like in this area. Also I picked up a Whitetail and Muledeer tag for the trip as we are going for a few weeks. I was wondering how the deer population is in the area. We are going from Oct 09 to oct 24.

Thanks for any help and good hunting.

Tyrone

09-28-2009, 08:14 AM
when i was there three years ago we didnt see a deer. i dont even remember any tracks etc. But i called in a 30" bull on day three, saw two of the biggest black bears i have ever seen and a sow and 2 cubs grizz.
The area is huge total in three or so days we saw i think three moose and shot the 30

jml11
09-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Definitely a big area with plenty of access into 100s of hectares of logged blocks. With that much time you should have no problems filling your tag. There are deer, both whitetailes and mule deer but not many. There are a few pockets where they are abundant but don't coun't on seeing many. It is pretty much a moose and bear area. I have found more muleys in the southern end and more whitetails in the northern end. I have never seen a mule deer buck in 7-24 but if there are does obvioulsy a few bucks are kicking around as well.

One Shot Willy
09-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks guys.

All the info in great.