PDA

View Full Version : dog trials

benbeckoutfitters
09-27-2009, 07:03 PM
hi guys is there anyone on here that trials there labs alberta or bc even there NW states???? if so can you pm me please n thanks

Jimsue
09-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Going to south east Washington on Thursday, running in the Qualifing.

Islandeer
09-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Vancouver Island,swallowfield, VIRC Trial. Look up VIRC on the net and come out and see some great dog work. Lotsolabs has a post here re this trial.

Lots'oLabs
09-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Entries for Vancouver Island Retriever Club are looking good.
26 Open dogs, 15 Qual and 16 Jr.'s. These are pretty good entries for here on the island for our fall trial.
Looking forward to seeing everyone, especially those who have taken the time to come up from south of the border and Alberta.
Good luck to everyone.......especially me and Sue!

dakotawinters
10-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Was your trial at the ducks unlimited site?

Lots'oLabs
10-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Yes, it was held at Swallowfield near Crofton.
The weather couldn't have been better.
I understand that the Vancouver Island Pointing Dog Club may also be using those grounds for training or trialing in the future.
I was there in August doing some brush clearing and was introduced to a few pointing dog club members who were viewing the grounds with a friend who is the "gatekeeper" for the grounds.
It's a beautiful place.

dakotawinters
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm part of the pointing club. Where do I find out about your activity days and when you are doing clearing???
We stopped by that day to let the dogs go for a run, but left as we didnt want to disturb the trial. How did it go?

Lots'oLabs
10-26-2009, 09:21 PM
The Vancouver Island Retriever Club doesn't have any regularly established days in Swallowfield with the exception of our Spring and Fall Trials along with the occasional picnic trial. You can visit our website or look us up at the website for BC Retriever Association to find out our event dates.
Picnic Trials are held monthly and they are great way to come out and watch our dogs at work.
Some of us go there to train sometimes but it is always combined with a work party 1st.