PDA

View Full Version : Hunting regs

blindbob
09-25-2009, 03:27 PM
A co-worker just came back from an elk hunt.He said a CO stopped them for a check and asked them for proof of liability insurance for their quads. The CO said its in the hunting regs but I can't find it. Has anyone heard of this? I haven't been here for a while so if its been discussed before a simple yes or no will suffice. Thanks

laredo318
09-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Yes, this is true. There is a minimum amount of insurance required to operate a quad, on a FSR. If you belong to a club often you are covered. I know Ridgedale members are covered, if you are actively hunting or fishing.
I have heard of people in the chilliwack River valley, being told to park their quads, and walk back to their trucks, when stopped by the RCMP>
Hope this helps.

KodiakHntr
09-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Yes.

Pg 12 of the regs.

lightmag
09-25-2009, 04:18 PM
it's about a $100 for the year, it has always been there but they are now being told to enforce it, if you don't have it they can fine you $500 and seize your quad. RCMP, CO's, transport canda, etc.. can enforce it!!

blindbob
09-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks folks ,your helpful as usual.

09-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Join the BC Wild Life federation. 40 bucks get you, Out door Edge Magazine, your yearly membership including 3rd party Liability on your Quad. Plus the BCWF does great things for us resident hunters and fishers, in a nutshell, they look after our best interest.

On another note, in the same blurb in the Regs, it says you must be wearing a helmet, not what kind, no CSA, DMV motor cycle type listed, so is a bicycle helmet OK ??

CT

Benthos
09-25-2009, 06:00 PM
this is a confusing issue.

i heard the bcwf insurance only covers one while on private land, not public (crown land). maybe somebody can clarify.

also, the regs state while driving on a FSR. So, if one is driving through old side spur roads, or, in a cutblock, do they need the insurance? The way I read it no, but I'm not sure.

My understanding is only if you are quadding on any posted FSR, you need the insurance.

perhaps somebody can clarify

09-25-2009, 07:12 PM
this is a confusing issue.

i heard the bcwf insurance only covers one while on private land, not public (crown land). maybe somebody can clarify.

also, the regs state while driving on a FSR. So, if one is driving through old side spur roads, or, in a cutblock, do they need the insurance? The way I read it no, but I'm not sure.

My understanding is only if you are quadding on any posted FSR, you need the insurance.

perhaps somebody can clarify

The BCWF club insurance only covers you while hunting, fishing, or otherwise doing club activities, but it does cover you on Crown Land and FSRs. However, you really need to buy the optional package from Hub Insurance for a little over $100.00 which covers you for recreational riding and all activities.

notyalc
09-26-2009, 11:49 AM
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but if you belong to a gun range does the liability insurance cover you for this or is it just for firearm related activities?

MuleyMadness
09-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Almost every single instance of home insurance also covers you with at least 1million in liability insurance...check your insurance papers people.