PDA

View Full Version : Not seeing any bucks, yet...

Buckmeister
09-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Dang...it's still too warm out. Have seen does and fawns but no bucks at all. In the last week I have been out twice, and at each place I went I was finding rubs and scrapes already, but not even a spiker to be seen. Would be nice to see some clouds and rain. Was sure I would see something last Saturday morning during the rain then.

Oh well, here's hoping! :wink:

srupp
09-25-2009, 01:56 PM
seeing LOTS of bucks...3 am while working some BIG UNS TOO..
steven

swampdonkey
09-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Dang...it's still too warm out. Have seen does and fawns but no bucks at all. In the last week I have been out twice, and at each place I went I was finding rubs and scrapes already, but not even a spiker to be seen. Would be nice to see some clouds and rain. Was sure I would see something last Saturday morning during the rain then.

Oh well, here's hoping! :wink:what region i have seen lots in the past week

rugermag1
09-25-2009, 02:45 PM
they are still in groups.makes them harder to see at this time of year

betteroffishing
09-25-2009, 06:56 PM
i hear ya buckmaster , was up at 5200' for an overnighter in 8-6. played with a mulie doe early in the am, she kept coming in to my calls the skitting away, coming in skitting away , went on for about 15-20 mins , anyways didnt see a buck , only saw 4 does. almost hammered a cow and calf that decided to cross the 97c by courtney lake while it was still dark and i was on my way home , luck had it that they trotted back to the curb while i was skidding into the middle, sure am lucky that could have ended really messily. the way i see it the longer this heat keeps up , the better the rut will be as there should be less culled early in the season,silver linings and all.

M.Dean
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
I took my Grandson out this afternoon, seen lots of dust! Not much moving here in the heat,didn't even see any grouse. Going to try again in the morning, we need rain and lots of it before winter!

Buckmeister
09-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Wow, close call there betteroffishing. You have an interesting point there about the rut, could be a fun time.
Ya M.Dean, I didn't see any grouse tonight either.
When I was out tonight I saw another couple of does, a coyote, a sow and 2 cubs, and then finally on the way back to the truck, I saw a pair of spiker bucks (whitetail).
Going for Moose at 1st light tommorrow...going to keep an eye open for mulies as well at the same time.

Steeleco
09-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Saw a brute this morning, 10 more seconds and I'd have pictures of my future wall mount LOL. I meet a fellow in Reg 8 working a trench machine, he tells me he has to be done by Saturday as they are closing the bush to industrial equipment on Sunday???

aseb27
09-25-2009, 10:19 PM
dont worrie I heard the weather is going to go low been looking at the weather by next week -5 in greenwood and 13 dgrees celcius during the day so it going to get cold.

Going Hot
09-25-2009, 11:33 PM
They're out there, poked a 5x4 whitey opening day and saw three bucks prior.

3kills
09-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Saw a brute this morning, 10 more seconds and I'd have pictures of my future wall mount LOL. I meet a fellow in Reg 8 working a trench machine, he tells me he has to be done by Saturday as they are closing the bush to industrial equipment on Sunday???

i heard from my cousin they are on fire watch where he is workin havent heard nothing but bush closures though will ask my dad and uncle if hey have heard anything yet...a couple big fires burnin around us again..

M.Dean
09-26-2009, 05:45 AM
It's still so hot and dry up here it's scary! Most roads and trails have a few inches of dust on them, makes riding a quad a real dirty job! We got back last night and every thing is just covered in dust, I noticed that the loggers around here arn't working, there hauling but not cutting, so maybe they have shut it down? When you stop the quad to take a look at something, a cloud of dust rolls over top of you!!! Getting ready to take my Grandson out, hopefully we can find a dusty olde buck!!!

Rob
09-26-2009, 10:30 AM
We head to Princeton for our annual hunt on Wed. for a week, looks like abit of a low pressure is coming in at the end of the month. I saw the biggest buck ive ever seen on Wed. night a 6pm 3pts on the left and a palmated 4pt? on the right. Your right about the dust it is brutal! Rob

Buckmeister
09-26-2009, 10:02 PM
No moose today. Saw a dead one that had been poached, it had a few missing parts. A bear was eating on it when I quaded into the area and the crows were flying and the stench was wafting.
Went back over my tracks a half hour after I arrived and after the sun rose, and there low and behold was a set of moose track on top of mine :mad:. I must have missed it by only a few minutes. Oh well...that's how the cookie crumbles I guess.

Let's put it this way...a skunked hunt is not a bad hunt when you get to see a sunrise and enjoy the great outdoors. :smile:

Steeleco
09-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Let's put it this way...a skunked hunt is not a bad hunt when you get to see a sunrise and enjoy the great outdoors. :smile:

I sat in the hills south of the Kane valley Friday AM and listened to Elk bugling for over an hour as the sun came up. Was a really cool experience.
Some people that never leave the big city will never know what they missed:!::!:

Kye
09-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Went out this morning early. I saw one whitey doe, one cow moose, one moose 20 yards away in the timber but couldn't see the head, two immy bulls humping 150 yards away in a cut (I was pretty stoked about this one, called them a bit then they started humping, all I could see was mixed points, sometimes two sometimes three, I'm not willing to take the chance unless I'm 100%) then I spooked a moose in some thick timber. This year has been strange, I've seen as many moose as deer! Seen a few two points and one three point muley, spooked a nice whitey buck, and passed on a clean immy spike because I wasn't 100%. I'm starting to get really frustrated, been out TONS and have yet to get a clean shot on a legal animal, season is young I suppose. Happy Hunting!

Roots
09-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Just got back from my scouting trip, saw 6 does and a couple of young bucks....caught this guy at a bad time....

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww95/roots_bc/IMG_8090.jpg

brandonhunter
09-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Went out yesterday morning and seen a couple of muley does, a whole bunch of grouse, and one whitetail buck that I spooked. It has been an odd season so far, but it is supposed to cool off this week so i'm sure that that will make a difference.

4pointer
09-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Was out and about yesturday, cruising the backyard, my brother and I saw 36 doe, 6 bucks, but no 4 pts. Two were 3x3, nice shooters during any buck season, 3 whitetail doe, and got ourselves 4 grouse. Was too hot out and all the deer were showing up at last light. Its too bad, our location we usually head to was on fire. The RCMP were up there and had all our roads closed off for a good 40km radius. I sure hope our camp area doesnt get burnt! In our area, so far its as normal. Gots to wait for the better moon!! Hopefully it cools down....

sawmill
09-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Went out yesterday as well,8 does and 1 3x3 Whitie buck.Supposed to cool down drasticly this week.I hope so .sick of working when it`s +30.No place to hide,that is why things are slow here.