PDA

View Full Version : LEH Williams Lake question

blackford
09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Hello Fellow Hunters...

Well rather than making this a long write up lets get to the point :smile:

I am leaving Oct 1rst for a good ol deer hunt in Williams Lake. I was lucky enough to get a LEH draw for the area and its my first trip out that way... I noticed on the Regs that it said that Region 5 have changed for Bucks to bag limit of 1. So the way I read it is your allowed 1 deer.

But....

A good buddy of mine ( who is also a forum member... you know who you are... Happy Birthday Bud :tongue:) told me that since i got a LEH draw i am allowed 1 buck and one Doe..... This is the bennefit of getting a draw.

I have called the Conservation Officers in the area and they must be busy as the voicemails state that they are not accepting message....

Please note i am not looking to fill my freezer but its the only hunting trip this year for me most likely and its going to a family of 4...Also it would be nice to know If i shoot a doe and see a beauty buck... can i take a shot...

let me know cause this stuff confuses me...
Thanks

srupp
09-24-2009, 08:09 PM
HMMMM I have a LEH for a doe also...

my intention is to shoot my buck....and in addition shoot my doe..= 2 deer..

cheers
Steven:tongue:

blackford
09-24-2009, 08:17 PM
intention and regs are sometimes 2 different things...lol...

Srupp... being that your from Williams lake is this different cause you wont be in possesion of 2 deer at one time... being that you could go home and hunt the next day...

lilhoss
09-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Region 5 deer regs:: The bag limit for mule (black-tailed)
deer is 2,

but only one may be a buck.

Antlerless mule (black-tailed) deer are

under Limited Entry Hunting only.

EvanG
09-24-2009, 10:07 PM
If you got an leh doe then you can shoot a doe on top of you reg 5 limit of one buck, nothing worng with shooting both at the same time if you come accros them togther or having both in your possesion at the same time just have ur tags and leh permit.

blackford
09-24-2009, 10:49 PM
kkaaaabbboooommmmmm

and

kkaaaboooommmmmmmmm

i hope... lol.. thanks guys

Moose72
09-24-2009, 11:07 PM
4It is unlawful to continue to hunt game species on a day in
which the daily bag limit of that species has been taken, or, on the
day or subsequent to the day in which the seasonal bag limit for
that species of game has been taken.

ghost
09-24-2009, 11:26 PM
I asked a conservation officer last year if I could shoot leh doe and a buck in the same day and the answer was YES.

blackford
09-24-2009, 11:37 PM

It is unlawful to continue to hunt game species on a day in

which the daily bag limit of that species has been taken, or, on the
day or subsequent to the day in which the seasonal bag limit for
that species of game has been taken.

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::o ops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

man i wish they had a FAQ section on the regs..

are there any C.O's in the house?

Bigbear
09-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Yes you may shoot Both. If you Have a LEH for Doe

tuffteddyb
09-25-2009, 05:32 AM
i also asked a C.O and you are allowed to take both as per mentioned earlier............... kaboom and another kaboom!!!
love that answer lol!

jasper
09-25-2009, 07:02 AM
plain and simple if you have a doe draw you can shoot one doe and one buck. good time to go too. any buck season is open for the month of october. doe tag is a gimmie and there should be lots of little bucks around. good luck on your trip.