PDA

View Full Version : Copper Mountain Road to Copper Creek at Hwy 3?

4ptbuck
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Can you take/drive Copper Mountain Road at Hwy 3 all the way through to Placer FSR back on Hwy 3?

BearStump
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
according to the backroads map book theres a gate just before you get to the mine. dont know for sure but I'd guess that its locked for "safety" reasons and liabilities.

ruger#1
09-24-2009, 04:19 PM
There are two roads, i forget which one i took, but the raod took me almost to the east gate. I shot a nice four point at the end of it about three years ago.

shekarchi
09-24-2009, 06:31 PM
I was there 3 days ago, the gate is locked and you cant pass it. I checked every road up there and I could only find 2 small bucks. many does and a couple of bears. the road hunting pressure is pretty high over there. But its a beautiful country up there.there is a road right before the gate on the left side take that if u want to see some deer thats where I saw the bucks.

TyTy
09-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Careful where u are as there is a no shooting area surrounding the mine up there.

4ptbuck
09-25-2009, 06:09 AM
thanks to all. not the answer i was looking for, but it'll save me time trying.

stroh72
09-25-2009, 07:34 AM
I made it through there last year while bear hunting. I got turned around in the old burn behind the mine then I followed my nose west down towards the river. Ugly road lots of debris and blowdown. I think its called Combination creek FSR. Easier to find the road if you do it from Placer to Copper.

ruger#1
09-25-2009, 08:30 AM
The road i was on was very good, i was right down in the burn area, found lots of rabbits and a couple of grouse. There were also a couple of cabins in the area, never had a chance to use the gold pan. I also got onto one of those crappy roads, had the camper on and almost got stuck.