PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunting Around Merritt

Blktail
09-24-2009, 12:23 PM
My partners and I are planning a trip to the Merritt area for a deer hunt in the first week of November. What do you guys recommend for specific areas, north to Mamit Lake or south into the Otter valley? Anywhere else you recommend? We'd like a good quiet waterside site for our wall tent. We aren't looking for trophies, but it would be nice to see a few deer. When can we expect the lakes to be iced over? I don't want to bring my tin boat if the lakes are frozen.
Thanks

Blktail
09-25-2009, 12:23 PM
No ideas out there...

Anybody...

09-25-2009, 12:27 PM
i'd help if i knew.... you can hunt ducks on nicola lake though!

swampdonkey
09-25-2009, 12:28 PM
most lakes r still preaty much ice free check out the tunkwa lake area

snowhunter
09-25-2009, 03:16 PM
I have shoot a buck in the northern ridges, halfway between Merrit and Spences Bridge, using the stalking method, which I think is best for that area. The buck had bedded down in the high country forrest. Rain the night before, and the wind in my favor helped me. Shoot the buck in about 10 yards. Also moose in that area, which have lakes with swamps in midlle of the forrest.

Good luck.

Bobfl
09-25-2009, 04:35 PM
My partners and I are planning a trip to the Merritt area for a deer hunt in the first week of November. What do you guys recommend for specific areas, north to Mamit Lake or south into the Otter valley? Anywhere else you recommend? We'd like a good quiet waterside site for our wall tent. We aren't looking for trophies, but it would be nice to see a few deer. When can we expect the lakes to be iced over? I don't want to bring my tin boat if the lakes are frozen.
Thanks
Livere three yrs, deer are getting scares around mamett lk. good luck