PDA

View Full Version : Chilko Lk fuel situation?

Little Hawk
09-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Howdy,

Having trouble getting info on the fuel situation east of Chilko Lk.

Buddy and I have a moose draw in 5-04(A) and I've got my eye on the area around Tuzcha and Eishem Lk's, south of Hanceville.
It's hard to tell from the maps that I've looked at (along with Google Earth) but they seem to indicate that the last fuel stop going in there is Hanceville and although I'm not sure it seems it could be over 100/km in on gravel roads to get in there.

We'll be running in an old Mo-ho and have a couple of small bikes to get around on.

Question: How far is it actually to get in there and how much extra fuel would you recommend taking?

What's the road like?

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

Terry

srupp
09-24-2009, 09:43 AM
definatly the last gas stop..

Steven

c.r.hunter
09-24-2009, 10:47 AM
See map E9 in the Regs. NO ATV's in there. But, the northern part of your MU is open with time resrictions(closed from 4 am- 10am). The final road in(last couple hours) is rough and will be a tough go with a motor home.

lilhoss
09-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Yup,"Lee's Corner"at Hanceville as far I know.Unless you know a rancher who would sell to ya.I drive an F-350 diesel,with camper,and take along a quad.10-12 days running around,I take in (from "Willy's puddle") 2- 5 gallons jugs of regular(for quad & gen-set)and 4- 5 gallon jugs of diesel for the truck.Your only a 3/4 day trip in and out to Hanceville and those FSR's are in pretty good shape. When we were there,they di not carry propane out of there,the main tank wasn't working,or their attendant to operate it, so carry a little extra or phone ahead.Good luck.
http://www.ourbc.com/travel_bc/bc_cities/cariboo_chilcotin/photos/hanceville/lees_corner_gas_01_640.jpg

If you run in for fuel,go to the general store an grub-up.Great breakfast,and pretty good prices on groceries and supplies!!

Bigbear
09-24-2009, 12:13 PM
I phoned Out there And Lee's Corner is Definently the the Last fuel stop, so Stock Up. You can get Purple fuel In Williams Lake from the pump at Sun Valley Petrolem Beside Timmy,s in Williams Lake

Sako 300 win mag
09-24-2009, 10:23 PM
I just got baCK from 5-04b and the 900 road is in great shape. The weather is too damn hot ! It was 34 yesterday saw a few moose movin aronud the rut seems like its in full swing. We got a nice bull on monday night had to run it into town the next morning.The fuel price in Hanceville was a $1.24 we filled up with marked in the puddle at Sun valley . Good Luck

Little Hawk
09-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Wow!

You guy's are great! Thanks a bunch!

Gotta' love this forum.

Extra fuel cans it is.

BCBigGame
09-25-2009, 08:40 AM
There is gas (hours vary) at a native station on the east side of Chilko at Neamiaha (sp) reserve.

Little Hawk
09-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks BCBG!

We'll check that out for sure.
There's a Forestry Campground at Chilko Lk near there also.
Not sure if we'll camp there but we will check it out.

Cheers,
Terry