PDA

View Full Version : Heading out this weekend!

Jason Melo
09-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Im heading out this weekend to the princeton area (Mu's 8-08, 8-07, and 8-06) im right smack in the middle of those three Mu's! and was just wondering if anyone can give me any pointers on mule deer and whitetail hunting, and possibly moose! mule deer is only open for 4 point or better but whitetail is open for any buck! thanks alot

Jason Melo
09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
anybody got any pointers at all?

Foxtail
09-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Try the Ketchan road, bumped into a guy that said he took 2 big 4 points out of there on the long weekend with his son. The turnoff is about half way up the 5A towards merrit, off the missezula lake road. Not a lot of white tail but I did see 3 does bounding away on the long weekend. Saw about 25 deer last weekend. The area is pretty big. It's in 8-6 though. If you're goin the other way Rampart lake is good area, lots of big cuts all over the place. The warm weather is keeping them really high up. Take the side roads that go up the mountains as far as you can then get out and hike up as far as you can.

Good luck The area is beautiful.

Jason Melo
09-24-2009, 02:42 PM
thanks really appreciate it!

Foxtail
09-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Also... forgot to mention... Saw 5 black bears on the long weekend and a sow with three cubs last weekend. Get a bear tag... I didn't have one.