PDA

View Full Version : semi aut shotgun info

09-23-2009, 11:09 AM
hi guys,
I'm looking at getting a new semi auto 12g shotgun under 1000$ and was wondering what you think would be the best gun for me? I don't mind a hard hitting gun, and will be using it for waterfowl hunting only. it will be getting dirty and wet, and I want a reliable gun that will work with some dirt in it and does not need to be cleaned religously. what do you think guys?

brian at stillwater was showing me the new Weatherby SA8 and said that might be the gun for me?

thanks guys.

Crazy_Farmer
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Best bet for right under or at 1000 would be a browning silver/gold, or a sx2 if you can find one, sx3s will be abit over the budget. The only thing with the silver is browning bought winchester for their patent on the sx2 gas operating system and its the same now in a silver, so they have very reliable gas cycling system now.

weatherby shotguns, not a clue, nobody I even know has one. Someone here may have one for better info.

JRG94
09-23-2009, 04:54 PM
what about baikal shotguns? they look pretty good and if i can remember right the price is good to

http://www.baikalcanada.com/shot_guns_153.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--GbVKwDfNU

f350ps
09-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Why do ya want a semi auto? Can't beat an 870 for reliability, but ya probably already know that. You'll save some shells with the pump that's for sure. I bought an SX-3 last year for $925 at Reliable but don't know what the price is now but with the dollar strong it shouldn't be much more. I'm very happy with it but I can sure eat the shells up in a hurry. K

Qwa-honn
09-23-2009, 05:54 PM
you can also get a benellie super nova for under 700 but it is a pump also.
I would check the local gun clubs and see what they have up on the wall and maybe also leave a note on what you are looking for.

09-23-2009, 09:15 PM
does anyone shoot a remington semi auto, or heard some of the reviews on them? or the Weatherby SA8 ?

squeasel
09-23-2009, 09:57 PM
If you don't mind buying used, there's a SX2 on CGN for $750. Solid shooter that's in your price range.