PDA

View Full Version : Shots in the dark

Frango
09-22-2009, 04:43 PM
We just got back from our shared LEH moose in 7-28 .We where camped in a wall tent about 200 m from a Fsr when at 1:45 am shots go off ,coming from the Fsr.6 shots total.We talked about going to check but decided we did not want to get shot.

In the morning we checked the forest service road where it joined the spir we where camped on and found a big tire burn out .Up the road we found 2 spent 7mm shells and 4 shotgun shell and two cans of 8% beer.We collected the shells and looked for blood or whatever they where shooting at and found nothing.

How dangerous and stupid can someome be?? Close shots in the dark makes one very nervous.

On a good note we had a draw for two bulls for the 3 of us. So what happens? we get two immatures..I have hunted for many years. It must be that Mr Murphy guy .that you see big bulls with no draw and Immys when you have draw.

Bow Walker
09-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Wise decision not to investigate in the dark. You just never know.

On a lighter note, at least the immies will be better eating than a tuff ole 50-incher. :cool:

Stone Sheep Steve
09-23-2009, 04:00 AM
Remember....it's legal for some to people to hunt in the dark with spotlights.:-|

Safe???:? Well, that's a different story.

SSS

Rob
09-23-2009, 06:05 AM
Me and a buddy were up on Pike a few yrs ago, when we heard a bunch of shots fired around 01:30. We just left it alone.

SteadyGirl
09-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Remember....it's legal for some to people to hunt in the dark with spotlights.:-|

Safe???:? Well, that's a different story.

SSS

Glad to hear you took two yummy moosies. I saw an immature one day this summer. I keep lookin for him:?

SSS enlighten me- Who is legal to pitlamp?

PS I still live on pavement and I hear gunshots in the night on the regular:icon_frow

MadCat
09-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Glad to hear you took two yummy moosies. I saw an immature one day this summer. I keep lookin for him:?

SSS enlighten me- Who is legal to pitlamp?

PS I still live on pavement and I hear gunshots in the night on the regular:icon_frow

The people that are allowed to do it are the same ones that there is a heated thread going on right now about, who are blocking a road.

bigwhiteys
09-23-2009, 06:36 AM
The people that are allowed to do it are the same ones that there is a heated thread going on right now about, who are blocking a road.

The band that has the rights to pitlamp at night is the Tsartlip band on Vancouver Island. My uncle (through marriage) is part of said band.

They traditionally hunted at night using torches for illumination. So, obviously since technology has improved they are now allowed to use 2,000,000 candle power spotlights.

Carl

cmc destroyer
09-23-2009, 07:24 AM
SSS... lol, dont get me started on the legal pitlampers!!
Thats a touchy debate.

bigwhiteys
09-23-2009, 07:26 AM
SSS... lol, dont get me started on the legal pitlampers!!
Thats a touchy debate.

It's only a select few from the band who seem to be excercising thier newfound illumination rights and it's on their own reserve land I believe. There are others from the band who hunt just like us.

Carl

cmc destroyer
09-23-2009, 07:27 AM
The band that has the rights to pitlamp at night is the Tsartlip band on Vancouver Island. My uncle (through marriage) is part of said band.

They traditionally hunted at night using torches for illumination. So, obviously since technology has improved they are now allowed to use 2,000,000 candle power spotlights.

Carl

Uhhh, MY ancesters traditionaly hunted with torches too!!!
Why cant I ???

bigwhiteys
09-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Uhhh, MY ancesters traditionaly hunted with torches too!!!
Why cant I ???

Let's barricade a busy road, and demand answers. I've got several tires we could burn.

Carl

cmc destroyer
09-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Let's barricade a busy road, and demand answers. I've got several tires we could burn.

Carl

LOL, no, we'd just end up in jail because roadblocks are ILLEGAL !!!!!

09-23-2009, 08:07 AM
i was up goat river main in creston a couple years back. At around 11:30 someone with some rifle with a definate high capacity mag let out a bunch of 15 shot bursts into a car,some 12ga shells to. Bumped into a co the next day told him what happened ,He said this was happening pretty regular lately and they were working on it.
yes it makes me and my wife nervous when you hear BBBBBBBBBBbang BBBBbangBBBBBBBBang at 11 at night

johnes50
09-23-2009, 10:32 AM
i was up goat river main in creston a couple years back. At around 11:30 someone with some rifle with a definate high capacity mag let out a bunch of 15 shot bursts into a car,some 12ga shells to. Bumped into a co the next day told him what happened ,He said this was happening pretty regular lately and they were working on it.
yes it makes me and my wife nervous when you hear BBBBBBBBBBbang BBBBbangBBBBBBBBang at 11 at night

I think it`s the Taliban, they`re everywhere you know!

09-23-2009, 10:34 AM
ya no kidding the car did look like it was hit by a bomb

Gunner
09-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Every once in a while I'll hear a shot(or shots) at night on the FSR behind my house.I've heard them from 9:00PM til 4:00AM,once or twice a year.The only evidence I've ever found was a black bear gut pile,2 or 3 days before the season opened.I reported it,as did several others,no result. Gunner

ridge runner
09-23-2009, 11:29 AM
IN THE 80S I HUNTED IN THE FLATHEAD VALLEY AND AMOST EVERY NIGHT I WOULD HEAR SHOTS AFTER DARK. I TALK TO THE CO ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING ON.. HIS REPLY WAS NOT TO CHECK IT OUT BUT REPORT IT TO THE OFFICE. HIS JOB WAS TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON. WHY GET SHOT OVER DEAD ANIMAL. SO I LEFT THAT PART UP TO CO. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY. WE HAVE AL KINDS OUT THERE...........:o:o