PDA

View Full Version : www.residentpriority.ca

bridger
09-22-2009, 02:17 PM
have had a look at the prototype website for the fund. it will be up and on line in a few days

338 winmag
09-22-2009, 02:26 PM
fixed it for you

http://residentpriority.ca/

huntwriter
09-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Looks good so far. Hope hunters take note and support that new organization.

I'll add a link to my websites listed under "resources".

squamishmiles
09-22-2009, 07:52 PM
pay pal is good

huntwriter
09-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Pay-Pal is on the website upper right hand column. I am surprised nobody seen it in such a prominent location. :wink:

Dirty
09-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I like that there is no minimum donation. It allows people to give what they can depending on their finances.

Johnnybear
09-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Thank you Bridger. I know you did alot of work and were involved with this. I am sifting through the site now and it does look good. The read on the Halibut issue is the best I have seen so far:D!

I will be donating for sure. Everyone who has any concerns about their hunting or fishing rights should donate to this fund regardless of the amount.

Let's get this thing going strong off the start like a fireball!!!!!!!!!!!

If and when they get the Pay Pal working to everyones approval;). You can always go back in time and write a cheque:!:.

Johnnybear
09-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Can we get this posted in a couple of different sections or sticky it in a couple of different sections so all will read how important this is:!::D.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-23-2009, 09:22 AM
I emailed the link to ever hunter(except those on HBC) in my addy book.

Hope every else has done the same.

SSS

huntwriter
09-23-2009, 10:48 AM
I emailed the link to ever hunter(except those on HBC) in my addy book.

Hope every else has done the same.

SSS

I added the link to my website and blog. As soon I update the two an average of 3,000, about 25% of these from Canada, will see the link daily. If I can find the time I'll post a special message on my blog and a news item on the website under "Featured News".

Gateholio
09-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Will news of this go out in the form of a BCWF "ALERT" ?

Be a good way to reach lots of hunters.

willy442
09-23-2009, 02:01 PM
have had a look at the prototype website for the fund. it will be up and on line in a few days

From a crippled old broke G/O. I just sent you the 1000.00 dollars, promised earlier. SSS can start picking cans to match. Thanks Rich for your hard work and involvement. I only request this does not become a bash G/O fund. There are alot bigger fronts to fight for the future of hunting.

Bill:smile:

eric
09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Donation done

Thanks Bridger

Eric

Stone Sheep Steve
09-23-2009, 05:00 PM
From a crippled old broke G/O. I just sent you the 1000.00 dollars, promised earlier. SSS can start picking cans to match. Thanks Rich for your hard work and involvement. I only request this does not become a bash G/O fund. There are alot bigger fronts to fight for the future of hunting.

Bill:smile:

I've been pounding those ditches hard but have come up empty: however, I did get some really neat pictures:wink:.

Very generous of you, Bill!

I'll be working 70hr weeks for the next couple of months so I will be able to come up with cash for this worthy cause.

Good work Rich!

SSS

willy442
09-23-2009, 08:22 PM
I've been pounding those ditches hard but have come up empty: however, I did get some really neat pictures:wink:.

Very generous of you, Bill!

I'll be working 70hr weeks for the next couple of months so I will be able to come up with cash for this worthy cause.

Good work Rich!

SSS

Put more effort in before it snows and cans are hard to find.
Not to single you out, but it is shameful how slow the donations are arriving.:smile:

Gunner
09-23-2009, 08:44 PM
First donation made.I decided to donate the same amount as I spent on tags,and this year that was a fair amount!C'mon guys,Paypal makes it easy!Cheers,Gunner

bridger
09-23-2009, 10:54 PM
good stuff guys thanks we need to get this fund on good sound footing so we can accomplish our goals of sensible wildlife and fisheries management and make certain that resident priority is on the front burner.

09-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Will news of this go out in the form of a BCWF "ALERT" ?

Be a good way to reach lots of hunters.

It will eventually, But JH is in Saskatchewan hunting for the next few days.

09-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Put more effort in before it snows and cans are hard to find.
Not to single you out, but it is shameful how slow the donations are arriving.:smile:

How slow are they arriving...??? How are you so sure..?

Gateholio
09-24-2009, 12:45 AM
P

Let's not turn this into a bashing thread, please

J_T
09-24-2009, 03:53 AM
I looked through the site. Are there terms of reference on the process and how money is spent? Who has control of channeling donations? Not trying to bash anyone, just trying to have a better understanding.

I guess just another caution. Reg 4 Moose hunt indicates the moose hunt starts Sept 20th etc, but in reality it starts Sept 1st and goes to Oct 31st. Should all hunts be reflected? I'm not sure I understand the benefit in separating things.

willy442
09-24-2009, 04:11 AM
How slow are they arriving...??? How are you so sure..?

I'm not sure. I have noticed sceptisism on the site though in regards to this fund. Who will administer it? What will money be spent on? etc.etc. In my opinion why is this so important? Get some money in it and lets get things done. There is alot of hunters on this site that sit back and reap the benefits of others hard work. I'm sure if an ex G/O can kick into the kitty to fund your hunting a few more can on here. If I'm wrong please post an accounting of what is raised so far.

bridger
09-24-2009, 04:32 AM
we are all on the same side in this issue and it will be fun watching the fund grow and mature. thanks for the donation bill hope other match your committment. the north peace rod and gun club donated $10,000 today.

Little Hawk
09-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Here's an idea:

Add a $5.00 surcharge to every membership renewal to be directed to the 'Fund'.

When I joined the BCWF in the first place, I thought it was to help maintain hunting & fishing opportunities for future generations.

As one of many who are actively fighting to get the salmon-farmers out of our waterways, I am dismayed at the BCWF's low-profile in this particular battle.

If I send money to this new wing of the Fed, would I be assured they, too, would bring artillery to bare on this mess?

09-24-2009, 06:49 AM
I guess just another caution. Reg 4 Moose hunt indicates the moose hunt starts Sept 20th etc, but in reality it starts Sept 1st and goes to Oct 31st. Should all hunts be reflected? I'm not sure I understand the benefit in separating things.

Easy to understand. The bowhunters got a good deal while the rifle and meat hunters got the short end of the stick.

There were 95,000 resident hunting licenses sold in 2008, about 8000 (8.5%) of them indicated they were bowhunters who in turn harvest less then 5% of the total harvest of big game in BC.

So I guess the article is geared towards the vast majority of BC residents who got the short end of the moose season and a very slight opportunity to put some moose meat in the freezer in comparison to other regions where the season starts Sept 20th, while at the same time the bowhunters came out of it with the longest GOS bow only moose season that ever existed in BC ever. I don't hear any bowhunters worrying about how short the moose GOS bow season is, but a lot of meat hunters are very disappointed.

I know in your eyes the bow season and the opportunity to participate in bow seasons is open to all BC hunters, but just like you cannot see yourself hunting with a rifle, many more see themselves as probably never hunting with a bow. 95% of hunters are meat hunters and bowhunting is not the most efficient way to fill the freezer. All hunters are not the avid, serious, highly committed hunters that it takes to be a successful bowhunter, but we still need them if we want to grow our overall numbers, as a matter of fact they are probably the most important ones to recruit and retain because of their large number.

J_T
09-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Easy to understand. The bowhunters got a good deal while the rifle and meat hunters got the short end of the stick.

There were 95,000 resident hunting licenses sold in 2008, about 8000 (8.5%) of them indicated they were bowhunters who in turn harvest less then 5% of the total harvest of big game in BC.

So I guess the article is geared towards the vast majority of BC residents who got the short end of the moose season and a very slight opportunity to put some moose meat in the freezer in comparison to other regions where the season starts Sept 20th, while at the same time the bowhunters came out of it with the longest GOS bow only moose season that ever existed in BC ever. I don't hear any bowhunters worrying about how short the moose GOS bow season is, but a lot of meat hunters are very disappointed.

I know in your eyes the bow season and the opportunity to participate in bow seasons is open to all BC hunters, but just like you cannot see yourself hunting with a rifle, many more see themselves as probably never hunting with a bow. 95% of hunters are meat hunters and bowhunting is not the most efficient way to fill the freezer. All hunters are not the avid, serious, highly committed hunters that it takes to be a successful bowhunter, but we still need them if we want to grow our overall numbers, as a matter of fact they are probably the most important ones to recruit and retain because of their large number.
That's fine Andy, I'm not going to challenge your points here. The point I was making was that if the residentpriority objective is to address resident hunters I too am a resident hunter. Mentioning the correct period of time that a season is open is responsible rather than divisive. Additional paragraphs could then remove the bowhunter perspective and discuss the meat hunter perspective. I didn't read the entire article, just the first two lines and I replied with my response.

While resident hunter numbers diminish, bowhunter numbers have not. Suggesting perhaps quality of the hunt is important.

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling if you asked some, "would you prefer LEH or a liberal archery season......?" We are all on a fight to reduce LEH. An alternative weapon seasons seems a good solution.

Well, sorry for the sidetrack. My congrats to those behind this. It's a good cause.

bridger
09-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Here's an idea:

Add a $5.00 surcharge to every membership renewal to be directed to the 'Fund'.

When I joined the BCWF in the first place, I thought it was to help maintain hunting & fishing opportunities for future generations.

As one of many who are actively fighting to get the salmon-farmers out of our waterways, I am dismayed at the BCWF's low-profile in this particular battle.

If I send money to this new wing of the Fed, would I be assured they, too, would bring artillery to bare on this mess?

adding a $5 surcharge to the fed dues requires an a resolution to be passed at the fed convention next spring. imo we can't wait that long we need to get together and support the fund so we can get action now we can't afford to wait.

09-24-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure, but I have a feeling if you asked some, "would you prefer LEH or a liberal archery season......?" .

I'm sure about 8000 archers would prefer the liberal archery season but I'm equally sure about 50,000 to 70,000 rifle hunters who never intend to bowhunt would feel it's merely a special interest group season that they are forever locked out of.

09-24-2009, 11:04 PM
While resident hunter numbers diminish, bowhunter numbers have not.

I suspect increasing bowhunter numbers will usually be inconsequential in increasing overall hunter numbers since most new bowhunters are recruited from the ranks of long-time rifler hunters.

Creeker
09-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Donation made.

willy442
09-25-2009, 03:52 PM
No suprise that this is the fastest dieing thread on HBC. Come on guy's lets see some posts on people coming to the party. I'm sure the fund will accept any denominations. :(

mark
09-25-2009, 06:27 PM
$100. donation made, would of done it sooner, but have been busy hunting!
Get off your ass people, and buck up!
Only takes a minute, they take visa too!

09-25-2009, 07:08 PM
I made a $100.00 donation at the convention last spring, but it's time to send in more, I'm thinking of $30.00 right now since my hunting license only costs $7.00 now.

Little Hawk
09-26-2009, 06:49 AM
I would like to give the BCWF the benefit of the doubt that this will indeed be a good thing for all hunter's & and fishermen in BC.

In that light, I would like to appeal to the Hunt BC Mod's to make this thread a 'sticky' on both the 'Vancouver Island' and 'Mainland' forums for all to see every time they visit. (I will make this same appeal to the Mods on the SportfishingBC/Forum)

"If we do not cover our own asses, who else will?"

Donation sent...

willy442
09-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I would like to give the BCWF the benefit of the doubt that this will indeed be a good thing for all hunter's & and fishermen in BC.

In that light, I would like to appeal to the Hunt BC Mod's to make this thread a 'sticky' on both the 'Vancouver Island' and 'Mainland' forums for all to see every time they visit. (I will make this same appeal to the Mods on the SportfishingBC/Forum)

"If we do not cover our own asses, who else will?"

Donation sent...

Good Call; Maybe Gate's can handle that and take a break from wielding his big stick around deleting and banning.:razz:

bridger
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
the idea behind this fund is very important to your future hunting and fishing opportunites. lets all get behind it and donate as much as we can.

Johnnybear
09-27-2009, 09:32 PM
OK so besides BCWF, Fish and Game Clubs, and some forums what are some other good sources to get the word out there about this?. I would be willing to hand out or put in stores etc. pamphlets etc. if the site had a downloadable one:!:. I'm just thinking about the hunters out there that are not members of any of the above to be informed about this cause.

Gateholio
09-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I bet most hunting stores would let them place literature, gotta print it first.

Johnnybear
09-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I bet most hunting stores would let them place literature, gotta print it first.

I don't mind printing them out as I have many printers at work up to 24" x 36" via plotter. If they had a brochure or phamlet available as a pdf I'm good to go:grin:. I would be more than willing to go to some stores and put them in there if the owners would accept.

09-27-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't mind printing them out as I have many printers at work up to 24" x 36" via plotter. If they had a brochure or phamlet available as a pdf I'm good to go:grin:. I would be more than willing to go to some stores and put them in there if the owners would accept.

You could print the "Who We Are" page from the web site.

Johnnybear
09-27-2009, 11:43 PM
You could print the "Who We Are" page from the web site.

I know I could print that and the donate page but my Fish and Game (Nanaimo) has a printable PDF for membership that I have printed off in the past and handed out. I just hope that the organization in question has the insight to do the same.

09-29-2009, 07:16 PM
fixed it for you

http://residentpriority.ca/

As of Sept 28th there were 211 hits on the residentpriority.ca site from this link on HBC.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
God damn SOBs. I will not contribute one cent or support the BCWF in any way as long as they are still advocating for a retention fishery for wild steelhead. Fck does this ever piss me off.

You'll change your mind when the GOs start pushing for grouse to be on LEH:p.

Donation made.

SSS

BCrams
09-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Full Page add in the Fishing and Hunting Regulations booklet should help too.

papaken
09-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Donation made.

bridger
09-29-2009, 10:12 PM
God damn SOBs. I will not contribute one cent or support the BCWF in any way as long as they are still advocating for a retention fishery for wild steelhead. Fck does this ever piss me off.

the fund and the world will probably be better off if you stay on the sidelines and let someone else look after the serious issues facing resident hunters and anglers.

mikeman20
09-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Will donate once i get my next paycheck.

09-30-2009, 08:43 AM

I don't want to change this into a steelhead thread, and I don't pretend to know much about steelhead management, but I believe Chris' ill informed and misleading statement needs addressed. The BCWF does "not" support a retention fishery on steelhead except in a couple of areas where a very limited retention could be sustainable. The Yakoum and Skeena are the only examples I'm aware of and then only with extensive supporting research data to ensure sustainability. What's so terrible about that?

http://residentpriority.ca/2009/09/improved-management-proposal-for-wild-steelhead-in-the-yakoun-river/

In many areas the steelhead fishery is dominated by excessive numbers of guided non-resident rod-days who catch the same fish over and over until they're dead anyway, is that a good management option?

There is significant risk to our sport by allowing the creation of icon species, IE: steelhead, grizzly bears.

And, I highly doubt that the BCWF fisheries committee guys are God damn SOBs.

bridger
09-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I agree the bcwf volunteers that spend a lot of their own time and money looking after the interests of all hunters and fishermen in the province certainly to not deserve to be called names like this. IMO they deserve a lot of respect and thank yous.

10-31-2009, 09:15 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/RHAAPF_ad_resident_priority.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=15989&size=big&cat=500)

Stone Sheep Steve
11-01-2009, 04:46 AM
Thanks for posting that Andy!

Could you please email that pic to me(full size without the HBC watermark)??

I'll forward it to all the hunters on my email list.

SSS

MadCat
11-01-2009, 05:15 AM
just a question, what does the X over the sheep stand for?

11-01-2009, 06:59 AM
just a question, what does the X over the sheep stand for?

LEH seasons for sheep province wide.

From the GOABC Economic viability Brief:

"For the policies and procedures to be fair to all parties it is important that the hunting seasons are aligned and consistent to provide equal opportunity to the recreational hunters and commercial hunting industry. For example, if there is a general open season (GOS) then this should apply to both recreational hunters and guide outfitters. If there is a conservation concern or a need to control the harvest then
guides should be on quotas and the recreational hunters should be on Limited Entry Hunting (LEH), and vice versa".

This statement can only apply to sheep since they are the only species in BC that are on GOS for residents and on quota for guide-outfitters on a province wide basis.

MadCat
11-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Just to make sure that I got this right, the outfitters are wanting us to go on LEH or otherwise they should get unlimited tags for sheep? Sorry its early and my heads a little fuzzy.

11-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Just to make sure that I got this right, the outfitters are wanting us to go on LEH or otherwise they should get unlimited tags for sheep? Sorry its early and my heads a little fuzzy.

That appears to be the general idea of their position as stated in their brief.

They also oppose all spike/fork moose seasons, recruitment/retention strategies that could redduce the quality of the hunts they offer, and want MOE to manage all species for quality hunts and trophy potential which means much reduced harvest levels and less crowding in the bush (quality over quantity), which both are objectives that pretty much require LEH as well. More on this in future ads I believe.

Check out some of the articles on the resident priority web page, check the September article archive page. http://residentpriority.ca

Devilbear
11-01-2009, 08:18 AM
So, are we going to continue with our typical " Mr. nice guy" approach to this travesty, OR, are we going to finally demand OUR rights to ALL of OUR game?

The sad fact is that many of the BEST GO concessions are now "owned" and thus controlled by foreigners, mostly Yanks, and they will do anything they can to take over our hunting and profit thereby.......

Time to "get tough" and to hell with the GOs!

Deadshot
11-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Seems I was away when this thread started & this is the first I've seen it.
I'm in, but I noticed North Peace R&G threw in a ton. I was wondering what the other R&G clubs are in for.
I'll be phoning Mission R&G to see what they're bucking up.
BTW stickying this thing wouldn't hurt. Or a weekly bump.

Hey Bridger, what's the membership count at the gun club?

bridger
11-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Seems I was away when this thread started & this is the first I've seen it.
I'm in, but I noticed North Peace R&G threw in a ton. I was wondering what the other R&G clubs are in for.
I'll be phoning Mission R&G to see what they're bucking up.
BTW stickying this thing wouldn't hurt. Or a weekly bump.

Hey Bridger, what's the membership count at the gun club?

about 350 give or take a couple

bridger
11-01-2009, 02:38 PM
So, are we going to continue with our typical " Mr. nice guy" approach to this travesty, OR, are we going to finally demand OUR rights to ALL of OUR game?

The sad fact is that many of the BEST GO concessions are now "owned" and thus controlled by foreigners, mostly Yanks, and they will do anything they can to take over our hunting and profit thereby.......

Time to "get tough" and to hell with the GOs!

my opinion-- time to take the gloves off

RiverBoatFantasy
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
I will be all in. Gloves off, boots on.

J_T
11-01-2009, 02:48 PM

Time to "get tough" and to hell with the GOs!Seems to me when provincial direction and allocation is driven from PHRAAC that resident hunters are not sufficiently represented there. GOABC show up in force with ex-BC GOV biologists to defend the GO position and question Gov direction. Pretty hard for residents to get tough where it matters.

The UBBC attempted to add a "resident" perspective to PHRAAC by requesting a resident bowhunter position be added to PHRAAC, but was turned down.

GoatGuy
11-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Seems to me when provincial direction and allocation is driven from PHRAAC that resident hunters are not sufficiently represented there. GOABC show up in force with ex-BC GOV biologists to defend the GO position and question Gov direction. Pretty hard for residents to get tough where it matters.

The UBBC attempted to add a "resident" perspective to PHRAAC by requesting a resident bowhunter position be added to PHRAAC, but was turned down.

JT,

PHRAAC is not an advocacy or perspective group. It is only another level of 'consultation' (and I use that word loosely) where major regulation changes and changes that affect hunting/trapping are discussed at a high level. Where additional perspective or expertise is needed it is brought in (bowhunting opportunities in your case).

It is supposed to be a 'consensus based' group as well. Good luck when you're talking about regulation changes. :lol:

The weighting and decision making that is applied after PHRAAC is anyone's best guess. One might look at current events and hazard what could be construed as a 'good guess'.

Believe you me it is not the tool or means for getting tough or more importantly acheiving results.

It's a tool that allows stakeholders to be consulted at a high level. To me consulted is one of those words just like 'supposed' to be. If falls right between sh*t and syphilis in the dictionairy.

Anything that has the word consensus in it gives me a headache and it's one of government's favorites for good reasons.

I think I know what you want to do and where you want to go. Another layer of consultation will not acheive the results you want, believe me.

Changes are driven behind the scenes at the political level, not at PHRAAC.
Trust me when I say that.

J_T
11-01-2009, 05:45 PM
JT,

PHRAAC is not an advocacy or perspective group. It is only another level of 'consultation' (and I use that word loosely) where major regulation changes and changes that affect hunting/trapping are discussed at a high level. Where additional perspective or expertise is needed it is brought in (bowhunting opportunities in your case).

It is supposed to be a 'consensus based' group as well. Good luck when you're talking about regulation changes. :lol:

The weighting and decision making that is applied after PHRAAC is anyone's best guess. One might look at current events and hazard what could be construed as a 'good guess'.

Believe you me it is not the tool or means for getting tough or more importantly acheiving results.

It's a tool that allows stakeholders to be consulted at a high level. To me consulted is one of those words just like 'supposed' to be. If falls right between sh*t and syphilis in the dictionairy.

Anything that has the word consensus in it gives me a headache and it's one of government's favorites for good reasons.

I think I know what you want to do and where you want to go. Another layer of consultation will not acheive the results you want, believe me.

Changes are driven behind the scenes at the political level, not at PHRAAC.
Trust me when I say that.I understand the politics of hunting. I apply political influence in every successful business model I`m a part of. However, if we are talking about residents stepping up, that suggests we look for every opportunity to provide perspective and influence. Not only those areas where the greatest return is obvious. I can tell you from attending PHRAAC, there is reason Residents need to step up more there. They are not sufficiently represented.

I believe in stakeholder analysis, but I don`t believe in most cases, that you need consensus to move forward. We don`t have full resident perspective at PHRAAC and regional directors and Government are taking direction from those discussions.

GoatGuy
11-01-2009, 06:08 PM
I can tell you from attending PHRAAC, there is reason Residents need to step up more there. They are not sufficiently represented.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Having said that your opinion might change if you talked to someone who sits at PHRAAC. Then again it might not.

I believe in stakeholder analysis, but I don`t believe in most cases, that you need consensus to move forward. We don`t have full resident perspective at PHRAAC and regional directors and Government are taking direction from those discussions.

Your beliefs and government actions are two very different things. You see when it comes to consultation government decides the TOR and the outcome. If government says it's a 'consensus based model' that's what it is. There's no multiple choice. You don't get to choose 'stakeholder analysis' - unfortunately it's not an option.

If you think government is taking direction and making decisions based on it we need to sit down, go over some numbers and have a heart to heart chat.:lol:

bridger
11-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Seems to me when provincial direction and allocation is driven from PHRAAC that resident hunters are not sufficiently represented there. GOABC show up in force with ex-BC GOV biologists to defend the GO position and question Gov direction. Pretty hard for residents to get tough where it matters.

the fact that the goabc has a non resident hunting preservation fund that collects $150 us from the five thousand non resident hunters that come to bc each year is why we need the resident angler and hunter preservation fund. the goabc use their funds to hire biologist, lobbyists, and ex gov employees to represent them full time. resident hunters are represented by volunteers on a part time basis. simple fact. as far as resident hunters not being adequately represented at phraac it isn't the quality of the volunteers it is the fact that they are volunteers. If you are concerned about your bow hunting future get off the fence and donate some money so the volunteers can be replaced by professionals that will allow the residents to fight fire with fire.

J_T
11-02-2009, 03:34 AM
the fact that the goabc has a non resident hunting preservation fund that collects $150 us from the five thousand non resident hunters that come to bc each year is why we need the resident angler and hunter preservation fund. the goabc use their funds to hire biologist, lobbyists, and ex gov employees to represent them full time. resident hunters are represented by volunteers on a part time basis. simple fact. as far as resident hunters not being adequately represented at phraac it isn't the quality of the volunteers it is the fact that they are volunteers. If you are concerned about your bow hunting future get off the fence and donate some money so the volunteers can be replaced by professionals that will allow the residents to fight fire with fire.
With all due respect. I don't believe I'm sitting on a fence. I'm not worried about my bowhunting future, I'm worried about the future of hunting for the generations behind me. And I believe I give everything to this endeavour. I've given a lot more than a simple $100. I'm always confused that so many seem to think there is only one way to get things done.

bridger
11-02-2009, 08:00 AM
didn't mean to be contrevsial and appreciate the fact that you have donated to the fund and have given it your support. It would be nice if consensus based decision making was alive and well in government, but in reality it is just a wisp of smoke that the moe blows and hope it finds somewhere to go. About three years ago at the first meeting we had to re do the provinical allocation policy the fish and wildlife director spent the better part of an hour telling us that the new policy was going to be consensus based. we spent two and a half years developing the new policy on this premise. Once the big sheep guides in 7b were told that the non resident sheep quota's in 7b were being reduced from 137 to 69 they began applying political pressure on the moe and in two weeks got our two and half years of consensus based decison making tossed out. Whether we like it or not the our future as hunters will be determined politically. We need to raise funds and get back into the game.

BCrams
11-02-2009, 09:18 AM
[quote=bridger;542968]the fact that the goabc has a non resident hunting preservation fund that collects $150 us from the five thousand non resident hunters that come to bc each year is why we need the resident angler and hunter preservation fund. the goabc use their funds to hire biologist, lobbyists, and ex gov employees to represent them full time.

In laymans terms: roughly $750, 000 per year for the GOABC to lobby in Victoria.

Pretty good chunk of change to hire ex-MOE bio's who know the system.

RiverBoatFantasy
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Bridger, I have some used hunting equipment that I want to sell. I will donate the proceeds. Can you (or anyone) advise the best place to list the items.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Bridger, I have some used hunting equipment that I want to sell. I will donate the proceeds. Can you (or anyone) advise the best place to list the items.

Here.

SSS

RiverBoatFantasy
11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I originally did that. Then changed my mind. Nasty5000 and Gatehouse might be able to convince me to change my mind again:lol:

Gateholio
11-02-2009, 11:01 PM
I originally did that. Then changed my mind. Nasty5000 and Gatehouse might be able to convince me to change my mind again:lol:

You won't be using the promise of a donation as some sort of extortion in order to get another member banned, as you asked.

If you wish to list it on the HBC Buy & Sell and donate the proceeds, by all means, do so.

This thread is not the place to discuss some sort of discontent.

RiverBoatFantasy
11-02-2009, 11:33 PM
You won't be using the promise of a donation as some sort of extortion in order to get another member banned, as you asked.

If you wish to list it on the HBC Buy & Sell and donate the proceeds, by all means, do so.

This thread is not the place to discuss some sort of discontent.

See how easy that was. I shall repost the Buy/Sell ad. No discontent here. Besides, the member in question adds some nasty spice when topics become pleasantly bland.

PGK
11-02-2009, 11:38 PM
See how easy that was. I shall repost the Buy/Sell ad. No discontent here. Besides, the member in question adds some nasty spice when topics become pleasantly bland.

If you ever posted anything worth reading, the member in question might be nice to you :)

RiverBoatFantasy
11-02-2009, 11:46 PM
I will be hunting wolves, coyote and deer with snowmobile this month. How's that?

The Hermit
11-02-2009, 11:53 PM
It would be good to create a Facebook and Twitter fan thing for it to... that way anyone with an account could find it and link to it!

pete_k
11-03-2009, 12:40 AM
The site mentions writing our MLA's.
It would be alot easier for many of us if a printable template were on the site that would allow users to:
1) Print it
2) sign it
3) pop it in the mail.

Also providing the email addy's for our MLA's region by region.
Again, we could use the copy/paste function to quicly and effortlessly
submit an email.

Steeleco
11-03-2009, 01:15 AM
I can't believe I missed this entire thread. The next thing I'm going to do is part with a few bucks. Thanks to all involved for the hard work. More than anything I want my kids to continue doing what I've come to love.

Fisher-Dude
11-03-2009, 06:57 AM

I wonder if The Swede could follow your fine example and donate some of the cash from his massive inventory blowout to the fund? His new wife, who is forcing the firesale, will be none the wiser as to the disposition of the funds. I mean, how smart can this chick be marrying that guy? :wink:

bridger
11-03-2009, 07:23 AM
thanks for the idea will pass it along to the web master

The site mentions writing our MLA's.
It would be alot easier for many of us if a printable template were on the site that would allow users to:
1) Print it
2) sign it
3) pop it in the mail.

Also providing the email addy's for our MLA's region by region.
Again, we could use the copy/paste function to quicly and effortlessly
submit an email.

11-03-2009, 10:32 AM

I agree, this is a good idea. It's not necessary to post a full list of MLAs a link to this site would be enough. http://www.leg.bc.ca/mla/3-1-7.htm

pete_k
11-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Great. I hope it happens.

I read every post on this thread and I have to say it's a bit hard to follow.

Buck
11-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Made my donation.Cheers

Nooker77
11-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Looks great....do you have decal for vehicle windows/rv's or a members program! Love to buy one!! Great job!

yukon john
11-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Right on so how does this work we make a donation then sit back and wait for the hunting regs to be abolished? Whoohoo cant wait to start shooting ewes, cows, calves, does and ittybitty rams sounds like fun and now none of us will even have to leave the road to fill the freezer. Everyone will want to go hunting now. GOABC can go to hell along with conservation and science!!

Devilbear
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
[quote=yukon john;552271. GOABC can go to hell!![/quote]

Best idea you have come up with yet, John, seems you are learning!!

willy442
11-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Right on so how does this work we make a donation then sit back and wait for the hunting regs to be abolished? Whoohoo cant wait to start shooting ewes, cows, calves, does and ittybitty rams sounds like fun and now none of us will even have to leave the road to fill the freezer. Everyone will want to go hunting now. GOABC can go to hell along with conservation and science!!

I actually donated a fair sum of money to this, in hopes that the Federation would actually put it to good use through dealing with the Ministry. I still won't say I regret doing so as I did it to reinvest in hunting, something I got alot out of.
However if this money continue's being used to fuel, an anti outfitter campaign, donating is a waste of time. Although starting off as a good idea, I can see it petering out rather quickly.:(

GoatGuy
11-14-2009, 03:54 AM
What does this:

Whoohoo cant wait to start shooting ewes, cows, calves, does and ittybitty rams sounds like fun and now none of us will even have to leave the road to fill the freezer.

this:

Everyone will want to go hunting now.

and this:

GOABC can go to hell along with conservation and science!!

Have to do with each other?

MPD?

11-14-2009, 04:53 AM

What a ridiculous statement YJ. You're like the guy that says "I'm right", "it's everybody else in the world thats wrong"...!

There are many different social management objectives (quality or quantity) which can support conservation by the application of good science. Why do you assume the GOABC way is "the only way" that supports conservation with science. That is a completelly incorrect and uneducated assumption. All species can be managed for quality or quantity, or any number of points in between those, and still be science based and supportive of conservation requirements. You're mixing up social and biological management decisions.

It's obvious your views support the trophy management priorities of GOABC, and that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion and their input into social objectives, but to state your particular social objective the only way to support conservation of species with science is pure and total BS...!

Conservation decisions need scientific support, social management objectives like "quality vrs quantity" don't, all they need is a science based sustainable harvest strategy to attain the desired objective, whichever it might be. Give your head a shake man...!

Devilbear
11-14-2009, 06:07 AM
Conservation, is actually NOT a "science based" social construct, but, a subjective and teleological approach to a social concern.

Science measures and, to some extent, interprets the apparent chaos of the Cosmos to us; it does not set parameters for human behaviour as conservation requires.

I wish that some here, such as YJ, who constantly use terms, such as "science", which they clearly do not understand, would learn some basic biology and modify their posts accordingly. The GOABC is NOT concerned with SCIENCE or "conservation", they are merely interested in maximum profit.

willy442
11-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Conservation, is actually NOT a "science based" social construct, but, a subjective and teleological approach to a social concern.

Science measures and, to some extent, interprets the apparent chaos of the Cosmos to us; it does not set parameters for human behaviour as conservation requires.

I wish that some here, such as YJ, who constantly use terms, such as "science", which they clearly do not understand, would learn some basic biology and modify their posts accordingly. The GOABC is NOT concerned with SCIENCE or "conservation", they are merely interested in maximum profit.

Actually in the G/O business if you fail to put conservation near the top of your priorities, it is pretty much impossible to maximize profit. The two go hand in hand. Simple example for you. No game = No Money. The guides actually have away higher respect and value for the word Conservation, then most residents. The resident is only interested in share and can't really be bothered with conservation. Simple example for you the Resident Hunter Fund compared to Donated hunts, Donated time to Burning, Donated time to Game Counts, and Donated time sitting in Victoria meeting with the ministry. All donated work and time to officials assisting to enhance Wildlife through conservation and good management. Let me also add that the above donated time used to include aircraft.

All of the above were provided to the B.C. Fish and Wildlife Department free of charge for many years. Then along came a few residents who thought this was hurting thier hunting and crying that the guides were recieving favortism. The ministry had to decline from anymore of these donations and the lack of support and funding has left us where we are today. Those who have the nerve generalize and say the G/O's have no interest in Conservation are of the same views as those that ruined the support we all benefitted from in the past.:(

Devilbear
11-14-2009, 09:03 AM
My, my, after making yet another false slur at me, concerning my treatment of my dogs, early today, and then telling me that you were not going to deal with me any longer, you NOW are making further responses to my posts. Geezus, Willy, you ARE one BIG bullshitter!!!!!

"Conservation", in the true sense of that oft-misused term, DOES NOT entail massive burning of Boreal Forest ecosystems to artificially increase the population levels of Elk, for example. WHY would the GOs DO this, well, just maybe PROFIT has some little influence?

...good management... and ...science... have NEVER been a concern of the GOABC, most of you morons cannot even spell simple English and have no concept of anything beyond sucking "chew", wearing big cowboy hats and snivelling about we residents who OWN the game you are slaughtering to enrich yourselves.

So, as ever, Willy, you are just a silly old man with nothing to contribute here, except whining and lies.

Gateholio
11-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Quit the personal stuff or people are going to get turfed from HBC.

tangozulu
03-24-2010, 08:01 AM
A US based outfitter working in the NWT has just launched a suite with the NWT Government for not issuing him caribou tags for the crashing Bashurst caribou herd. Sueing for 3 mill...............so much for wildlife management

AT&T
12-03-2010, 06:33 PM
dont know anything about this. Sorry. I imagine it is about guiding territories yes.

AT&T
12-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Now I get it. this is the same old shit that has gone on with BCWF, guides for ever. I guess it always will. I will say one thing for sure. Listening to this banter is not productive to wilidlife populations or managing the habitat that sustains them. Sometimes I wonder how some hunters ever made it out of the cave. Some should of stayed there. There is a place for guiding. As a resident hunter I also dont want to see my opportunity diminished. There are alot of sides to this. Bickering like fish wives wont solve anything. The guides have been a good voice in protectiing habitats in the past. So has the BCWF and independent hunters and anglers. Work toward a solution. If only for the wildlife we all appreciate. Same shit different decade.

My, my, after making yet another false slur at me, concerning my treatment of my dogs, early today, and then telling me that you were not going to deal with me any longer, you NOW are making further responses to my posts. Geezus, Willy, you ARE one BIG bullshitter!!!!!

"Conservation", in the true sense of that oft-misused term, DOES NOT entail massive burning of Boreal Forest ecosystems to artificially increase the population levels of Elk, for example. WHY would the GOs DO this, well, just maybe PROFIT has some little influence?

...good management... and ...science... have NEVER been a concern of the GOABC, most of you morons cannot even spell simple English and have no concept of anything beyond sucking "chew", wearing big cowboy hats and snivelling about we residents who OWN the game you are slaughtering to enrich yourselves.

So, as ever, Willy, you are just a silly old man with nothing to contribute here, except whining and lies.

bbmhunter
02-12-2011, 12:21 AM

I wish that some here, such as YJ, who constantly use terms, such as "science", which they clearly do not understand, would learn some basic biology and modify their posts accordingly. The GOABC is NOT concerned with SCIENCE or "conservation", they are merely interested in maximum profit. big Devilbear do i know you. you sound very. can't put put my finger on it?

Fishhound
02-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Where I see that this could be a very worth while cause I do not see what this fund is going to do?
Could someone please put a posting up show exactly what this fund is to be used for and how.
By professional do you mean lawyers if not I think it should.
Is this fund going to pay for a team or is it going to be volenteers hiring professionals

Jokerwld
03-02-2011, 11:50 AM
can someone pass along the name and contact for the person in charge of this I would like to talk to him/her about some ideas with the magazine
Mike
BC Outdoors
604 464 3186