PDA

View Full Version : moose call videos

mxracer328
09-22-2009, 11:11 AM
ive been lookin around for videos to make me a better moose caller. heres what i found so far. just some sounds to mimic

if you guys got any tips and tricks, post them up, everything helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36q8sHC6Kg4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vf7eenXqbo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwFNo4Ogeog&feature=related

BiG Boar
09-22-2009, 11:17 AM
There is one really crappy video out in dvd format, was made in 87 or before. It is CRAP, do not buy it, even if you find it in the freebeys bin.

tomahawk
09-22-2009, 12:37 PM
The first one with the guy with the 1/2 goatee has the right sound, I use a different sequence then him for starting out but change it up with each bull depending on what is needed to bring em in close.

gary murray
09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
There is one really crappy video out in dvd format, was made in 87 or before. It is CRAP, do not buy it, even if you find it in the freebeys bin.
I wonder if that's the one i have by Wayne Carlton hunting moose in northern B.C.? It was VHS converted to DVD and the picture and sound quality was just crappy. I paid $21.00 for it and i wrote the company telling them what i thought of it and that i would be returning it for a refund. They apologized and sent me a camo mask and gloves for free.

mcrae
09-22-2009, 07:22 PM
I wonder if that's the one i have by Wayne Carlton hunting moose in northern B.C.? It was VHS converted to DVD and the picture and sound quality was just crappy. I paid $21.00 for it and i wrote the company telling them what i thought of it and that i would be returning it for a refund. They apologized and sent me a camo mask and gloves for free.

I got that one with his crappy call. I blew on the reed bull moose call once and tossed it. I was young and didn't know any better:lol:. The video is just as bad as the call....

I have WildTV's recoil on demand and there are a couple of Jim Shockey episodes and some others that are just tape of moose grunting and thrashing those ones are good for just hearing the natural sounds...

Sitkaspruce
09-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Do not worry to much about making the "Right" sound. Moose make so many different calls and sounds that you can get them to come with just about anything.

I have called them in with just splashing in the lake shore, wacking a tree to clean out a plastic water hose, kicking rocks and having them roll down a bank and the good old mooooo call that sound like a beef cow.

These videos will help, but set up and patience is just as, if not more, important than calling. You have to be at the right place and have the patience to sit for a while. Moose do not always answer and will come is as quite as a mouse, or like a D9 coming throught the bush/.

Cheers

SS

elkdom
09-22-2009, 09:17 PM
during the peak of the moose rut, old'bulwinkle is dummer than a brick,,

alternate moose calls include reving up your chainsaw,

front end loaders dumping slings of logs on log landings,

logging skidders with screaming gimmy diesel engines ,

dump trucks unloading river rock while doing erosion control,

basically the bulls will come to anything making a loud obnoxious noise!:lol:

tomahawk
09-23-2009, 05:01 AM
during the peak of the moose rut, old'bulwinkle is dummer than a brick,,

alternate moose calls include reving up your chainsaw,

front end loaders dumping slings of logs on log landings,

logging skidders with screaming gimmy diesel engines ,

dump trucks unloading river rock while doing erosion control,

basically the bulls will come to anything making a loud obnoxious noise!:lol:

Your correct in that some will but certainly its not near all bull moose, you have a far better chance if you mimic the actual moose sound.

BiG Boar
09-23-2009, 06:09 AM

Ya, that is the one. I should do the same. That video is absolute CRAP. I could have made a better video on moose calling, and I have never even called one in!

elkdom
09-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Your correct in that some will but certainly its not near all bull moose, you have a far better chance if you mimic the actual moose sound.

true! and if all all the suggestions above dont bring in ol'bullwinkle?? then try standing ina puddle of water and "pee'in" as a last resort, this also works to get bullwinkle's attention!:wink:

MB_Boy
09-23-2009, 09:49 AM
true! and if all all the suggestions above dont bring in ol'bullwinkle?? then try standing ina puddle of water and "pee'in" as a last resort, this also works to get bullwinkle's attention!:wink:

Yup.....it certainly does!

A few years back the "#2 score" moose in MB came in to the hunter while he was setting up his camp and banging in tent pegs with a hatchet.

Bein' horny makes ya dumb and can cost ya yer life! :wink: