PDA

View Full Version : Brambles 2009 Bull Elk

Brambles
09-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Well its been a heck of a season so far. I was with Rattler when he pulled the pin on his 6x6. We actually called his bull in a week earlier in Archery season and I cleanly missed him with my bow:frown: That was a cool hunt, and I'm very happy we ended up getting that bull on the ground, he got his first bull down and I got closure on my miss.

About two hours before Rattler pulled the trigger on his bull we had seen this bull. The shot was long, I had the right rifle to pull the shot off, I had him in my crosshairs on him but I couldn't bring myself to shoot him at 531 yards so I passed on him. A few minutes later we got on Rattlers bull and after a couple hours of working him he got a shot.

Fast forward to yesterday. I got up at 3 am and started the long drive. I was trying to figure out where the bull was going to hold up, its been 10 days since I seen him last. Perhaps someone had killed him, ravens in the area, but they weren't circling. Perhaps anticipation of what was to come? I put all my chips on one spot and set up overlooking this one little clearing. Its cold out, frost on the ground. I cow call for a while with no responses.

I throw out a bugle and some cow calls, with no response. Couple hours go by, I'm starting to shiver, ass is numb from sitting on frosty ground, forgot my sitting pad, feet are getting cold. Sun hasn't hit me yet and will be some time before it does. Still NO responses.

I devise a plan to hike up a small ridge to get some heat build back up in my body and to glass a different area. I throw out one more bugle and put my tube in my pack, put my pack on, I take one step and
"GGGRRRUUUUUNNNNPPPPPHHH"

I'M BACK IN THE GAME........YEHAW

The sound came from the side of the clearing I was watching, I slip off my pack and sit down and get a good rest. I toss out a couple cow calls and he bugles right back:biggrin: Doesn't sound like he's putting much effort in his call. I suspect a 4 point or 5 point is going to come out.

I catch a glimpse of him walking through the timber headed for the clearing but couldn't see his points.

He's coming quick and as soon as he comes in the opening I see his signature Whaletales and I knew which bull it was. Finally a sweeet second chance at the bull from 10 days earlier. To be safe I still make a 6 count but it was only a technicality cause I knew it was him.

Then he stops...

I'm less than 200 yards but he's looking right at me, I made no moves. His vitals are hidden by a loan tree and all I see is head and neck. I brought my 270 WSM Sako A7 because its pinpoint accuracy, I can thread a needle with this rifle so I put the crosshairs 6 inches below his chin and squeeze off a shot. BLAM and down he goes with Authority. I sit and watch him for 10 minutes and no movement. I make the climb down from the small ridge I was perched on and traverse the opening so at least another 10 minutes, all of a sudden I have a bad feeling, I turn my scope down to 3.5 power and flip my scope caps up. All of a sudden the bugger picks his head up and looks a me:eek: I put up the rifle and pull the trigger but I neglected to remove the safety, a quick flick fixed that but by this time the bull had gotten up:eek::eek: and started running away from me. I must say they are very fast. I was only 15 feet away when he got up and I popped him in the back of the neck, down he went again. After that unbelievible experience I walk up to him and put the gun at the base of his head and ensure the bullet wasn't gonna damage anything valuable and popped him again, basically to make sure there were no more suprises.

It actually was good he ran a few feet because it put him in the shade of a few tree's
I had to hike out and drive quite a distance to get cell service to call for assistance. I had pre arranged with Rattler that he have his packframe and gear in his truck and I'd call him if I needed help.

So I phone him, and say " I was told this was the number to call if a guy needed some help packing out an elk"

SHUT UP, he says, ARE YOU F#$KING WITH ME????? He says..

I wouldn't do that to you I said.

DID YOU GET THE ONE.....HIM

Yes sir I did..

DUDE I"LL HEAD OUT RIGHT NOW, BE THERE IN A WHILE.

I then called my brother, who was just leaving the house to go camping, ELK DOWN:lol: I say. Same response..SHUT UP, he says, ARE YOU F#$KING WITH ME????? He says. After a quick chat with his camping buddy they say, "We'll be there as soon as we can to help Pack it out":eek::eek:
I had just called as an FYI, not to beg for help, but they freely offered

PEOPLE.... Thats a good bunch of friends right there.

Brambles
09-22-2009, 08:42 AM
By the way, this was also my first bull. I've messed up on quite a few but this finally came all together.

Now sorry but I have to make you wait at least 2 WEEKS for photo's cause apparently thats how people operate on this site....

Just kidding, give me a few seconds

Brambles
09-22-2009, 08:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Brambles77/P9210104.jpg

Brambles
09-22-2009, 08:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Brambles77/P9210106.jpg

Brambles
09-22-2009, 08:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Brambles77/P9210113.jpg

jrjonesy
09-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Way to go Brambles! I'm sure the pics will be great. Great story telling...that'l be one to remember!

.....(edit)...yup, awesome bull!

Wild Images
09-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Very nice bull Jeff, good to see it all come together, you guys earned your success.
Congratulations.

Devilbear
09-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Mucho congrats, a VERY nice bull and getting your first by yourself, is, to me, the ultimate hunting experience. Any hunter would be proud of that bull and, this early, he should be real fine eating.

I just jumped a real HAWG the day before yesterday, in 4-08, VERY close to the 4-07 border where I could have administered a .338-250NP....my buddy has one of the cow draws, but, we saw no cows. The guy I got up on was a beauty and I was within 35 yds...sheer agony, but, that's hunting!

BigBanger
09-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Nice bull , congrats man .

knighthunter
09-22-2009, 09:08 AM
great story and great pic's. Thanks for sharing.

srupp
09-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Great bull Brambles...love the mass...should be great eating also...:D

but err the pictures came out way too soon..:eek: lmao..

well done...

Steven

Phil
09-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Wicked story. Great bull!! ...and a handfull of good friends t' boot. Congrats.

shantz
09-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Congrats man that is a nice bull...great story too

Kody94
09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Way to go Brambles! That's a hella nice bull and well deserved. Color me dark green!

Cheers
4Ster

Elkhound
09-22-2009, 09:29 AM
great bull. I came back empty handed from my elk trip. Nice job.

d6dan
09-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Very nice bull Brambles!!. Well done on the persistance with him.Smart ol' bull. Sure glad you got some buds to help you.Would have been a long day. Great story and pics:D.

308BAR
09-22-2009, 09:33 AM
OMG!!!!! What an awesome bull!!!! Congrats!!! I have to stop drooling over my keyboard.

rocksteady
09-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Way to go Brambles...Beautiful bull, especially for your first...

PGK
09-22-2009, 09:38 AM
BEAUTY dude! They're hittin the ground hard this week!!!

Stone Sheep Steve
09-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Eeeeeeexcellent!!!:cool:

I love a good story and a happy ending involviing history with a critter!

Congrats!

What's that phone number???:lol:

SSS

Buck
09-22-2009, 09:46 AM
That is a beautiful bull Congratulations .

09-22-2009, 10:20 AM
That's a really nice bull Jeff, good work.

rifleman
09-22-2009, 10:25 AM
man thats a nice bull for sure. I gotta get out & do some elk hunting. all these stories & pictures really get the blood pumpin

troutseeker
09-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Great job on the Elk. I can imagine your suprise when he opened his eyes... Hey, what's a strapping youg guy like you need lightweight rifles for anyways???

Brambles
09-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Great job on the Elk. I can imagine your suprise when he opened his eyes... Hey, what's a strapping youg guy like you need lightweight rifles for anyways???

Yeah I was a touch shocked when he started burning holes through me at 15 feet:eek: As far as the lightweight rifle thing, just a hobbie. I'm always looking to make things better and IMO a nice lightweight rifle is hard to beat.

There might be a slight delay on touching up your new rifle :p Sorry but I gotta cut the meat today. I'll let you know when she's all ship shape.

Koot
09-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Awesome bull Brambles! Nice job on the first bull.Glad it all came together for you.I'm in the same boat as you were,still waiting for it all to come together, 7x6 in to 40 ft on sunday but could not close the deal:frown:.I hope to get him this weekend.
Again nice job and good write up.
Koot

Brambles
09-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Excellent job B man...................and Nice bull. Looks like both our freezers will be full this winter eh? ;)
Now get out and get that monster muley....Congrats once again....

Yup Pressure is off the freezer now, gonna give a bunch of meat to mom, since Dad died us my brother and I are her only source of Wild Table fare.

It sure does make it easier to let the meat bucks walk by when you know the freezer doesn't need anymore company. My main goal is a real decent mulie for the wall, the whitetail and goat are crying for more friends to keep them company, of course my wife disagree's:lol:

BiG Boar
09-22-2009, 11:16 AM
That is a beauty bull! The mass is awsome and the length is great! I had always imagined you as being an old guy though. haha. Congradulations, and if ever you wake up in the morning feeling down, just say to yourself, I made bigbore14 jelous with that giant elk. And that should bring you back up.

bigwhiteys
09-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Great Story, Great Bull. Nice to have buddies who are ready and willing to help out like that!

Carl

landphil
09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Thumbs up! - nice bull, good story, and Mmm Mmm looks tasty!

kootenayelkslayer
09-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Dammit! You guys are killing me down there. I wish I was in Nelson right now. Beautiful bull Brambles, congrats!

PGK
09-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Dammit! You guys are killing me down there. I wish I was in Nelson right now. Beautiful bull Brambles, congrats!

Whassamatter kid? Bartell got er done in 7a and 7b. :p You must be slippin!

:lol:

kootenayelkslayer
09-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Whassamatter kid? Bartell got er done in 7a and 7b. :p You must be slippin!

:lol:

Elk don't exist in region 7...

kennyj
09-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks for sharing your great story and photos.Very exciting.
kenny

Brambles
09-22-2009, 12:07 PM

Being in Nelson wouldn't help you one bit with these bulls, gotta travel to get elk stupid enough to walk out in the open, WK bulls are too smart and there is no open country enough to get a 200 yard shot.:cool:

09-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Bull Elk .... is there another critter in the Province that can match the excitement of a Bull Elk Hunt ??

Thats a good Bull and good on you !

Congrats.

Thanks for the pics and story.

CT

4blade
09-22-2009, 12:27 PM
congrats jeff sounds like the elk are falling down with holes fairly often lately,

JDR
09-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Big congrats on your first Brambles! Great looking bull. Hope to get my first soon as well.

ARC
09-22-2009, 12:45 PM
That's a great elk, congrats.

35 Whelen
09-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Great Bull Jeff

And thanks again for saving me some of his hide for my fly tying.....much appreciated.

hillclimber
09-22-2009, 01:15 PM
great story and awesome elk. at least you had lots of help packin it out.

cheers
stefan

Rackmastr
09-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Awesome bull man!! Congrats!

bosch
09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Awesome bull, great story, should make a beautiful mount, am leaving for my elk hunt this weekend and that bull really has my blood gurglin now.

kootenayelkslayer
09-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Being in Nelson wouldn't help you one bit with these bulls, gotta travel to get elk stupid enough to walk out in the open, WK bulls are too smart and there is no open country enough to get a 200 yard shot.:cool:

Nelson makes for a great hub for travelling north, south, east, or west though:cool:

Brambles
09-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Nelson makes for a great hub for travelling north, south, east, or west though:cool:

Yeah too bad they don't GOS the hippies, of course they stink worse then any elk or rutted mulie I've encoutered so people would probably pass on the shot:lol:

bearass
09-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Great looking bull brambles,way to go!!

Brambles
09-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Great Bull Jeff

And thanks again for saving me some of his hide for my fly tying.....much appreciated.

Any time Paul, good luck fishin. Any use for mulie hair or Goat hair? Probably gonna down one each of those this season too. Goat hair Dolly jigs? Sounds like a winner to me:!:

LeverActionJunkie
09-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Great work Brambles!! Thats a hell of a bull you got yourself congratulations:)

Devilbear
09-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Yeah too bad they don't GOS the hippies, of course they stink worse then any elk or rutted mulie I've encoutered so people would probably pass on the shot:lol:

Interesting comment, I spent last Fri. night and Sat. morning in Nelson, eating at The Hume Hotel and I did not notice anyone who was more odiferous than people anywhere else in this province. I also did not see any real "hippies" about, but, I have in past years.

To GOS other people seems a bit extreme to me and if that comment had been posted about aboriginals, East Indians, Quebecois or any other identifiable group....well, I wonder what the result would be.

While many of us oftimes feel angry or frustrated by others, I think we should remember that non-hunters read this forum and govern our remarks accordingly.

Brambles
09-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Interesting comment, I spent last Fri. night and Sat. morning in Nelson, eating at The Hume Hotel and I did not notice anyone who was more odiferous than people anywhere else in this province. I also did not see any real "hippies" about, but, I have in past years.

To GOS other people seems a bit extreme to me and if that comment had been posted about aboriginals, East Indians, Quebecois or any other identifiable group....well, I wonder what the result would be.

While many of us oftimes feel angry or frustrated by others, I think we should remember that non-hunters read this forum and govern our remarks accordingly.

Actually Hippie is the wrong term, I believe the strain that goes around here we refer to Shrubs or Scroats. Most hippies actually did something with their lives. Scroats are freeloading losers. Your safe at the Hume Hotel. The weather is getting cooler so most of them leave town, but summer months get a little sporty.
Spend more than 3 days in Nelson and you'll begin to understand where I"m coming from.. Of course GOS is an obvious embellishment but I believe it got my point across that I think Nelson could do without that portion of our society.

Anyways we're getting off topic, back to Elk

buckguy
09-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Congrats. Nice looking bull, and great story. Those are some good friends indeed.

Brambles
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
I just jumped a real HAWG the day before yesterday, in 4-08, VERY close to the 4-07 border where I could have administered a .338-250NP....my buddy has one of the cow draws, but, we saw no cows. The guy I got up on was a beauty and I was within 35 yds...sheer agony, but, that's hunting!

As long as we are picking apart guys posts. You mentioned your buddy having a 4-08 cow elk LEH. Were you aware that it is actually a 4-08 Zone C, which is a lowland hunt, its the only cow elk LEH avaliable for 4-08. Zone C takes you NOWHERE close to 4-07 so if you were close to 4-07 then you were outside your LEH zone, plus its only land below 1200m.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/docs/elk_1100m_maps/Elk_4-08_Zone_C.pdf

kootenayelkslayer
09-22-2009, 04:15 PM

Ain't that the truth. But who would grow all the weed to help run Nelson's economy??
Anyway, enough of that talk. Congrats again on that bull, he's a beauty. Sounds like you got some good buddies... packing an elk by yourself is no fun :-x

f350ps
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Way to get er done Brambles, that's a beauty for sure. Just curious, where did the first shot hit? K

Devilbear
09-22-2009, 04:46 PM
I was BORN in Nelson, my family has lived there since 1893.

I know the area VERY well and we both had a variety of tags, not merely his 4-8C cow tag. I killed my first game there in 1964 and often return home to backpack and re-visit my old, favourite haunts.

My point here was simply that the GOS comment was one that could work against us and while I have many opinions on who should/should not live in Nelson, the Kootenays, BC, and Canada, it is to our advantage to be a bit more careful about comments concerning other people.

Odd, tho', I find Nelson, NOW, to be FAR more relaxed and friendly than in my youth, so, I am moving back and I am GOING to get that s.o.b. of a 6x6!!! :) :) :)

GrandA
09-22-2009, 04:54 PM
awesome ! looks good - let us know how it tastes

J_T
09-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Great Bull Brambles. Sounds like it was awesome experience. Elk simply drive the passion. UP!!

Gus
09-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Hell of a bull man, especially for a first!! Them elk can be real buggers for suddenly jumping back up cant they.

steepNdeep
09-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Attaboy! Í had a feeling that you'd getter done once you set your sights on it... nice LEH bull! ;) Maybe if you didn't shoot a girl's calibre it woulda stayed down. :D

Seriously, welcome to the bugle addiction... Great bull!!

mcrae
09-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Nice bull and good job...

killman
09-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Wow great bull dude! Congrats!:D

troutseeker
09-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah I was a touch shocked when he started burning holes through me at 15 feet:eek: As far as the lightweight rifle thing, just a hobbie. I'm always looking to make things better and IMO a nice lightweight rifle is hard to beat.

There might be a slight delay on touching up your new rifle :p Sorry but I gotta cut the meat today. I'll let you know when she's all ship shape.

This thread is about your elk, you are one lucky guy having friends like that!
It's great that you went back and called in the one you wanted, gotta love it when it all comes together like that. What bullet did you shoot, I missed it if you mentionned it already?

As far as my new to me .270 it will be ready when it's ready. I just bought some reloding supplies for it today... Hahaha.

Brambles
09-22-2009, 06:42 PM
My point here was simply that the GOS comment was one that could work against us and while I have many opinions on who should/should not live in Nelson, the Kootenays, BC, and Canada, it is to our advantage to be a bit more careful about comments concerning other people.

This coming from a guy who was registered as "Kutenay" and banned for making "ungentlemanly" comments... kinda the pot calling the kettle black eh;-)

Brambles
09-22-2009, 06:47 PM
This thread is about your elk, you are one lucky guy having friends like that!
It's great that you went back and called in the one you wanted, gotta love it when it all comes together like that. What bullet did you shoot, I missed it if you mentionned it already?

As far as my new to me .270 it will be ready when it's ready. I just bought some reloding supplies for it today... Hahaha.

It was a Sako A7 270 WSM, 3.5-10 VXIII B&C shooting a 130 TTSX at 3250 fps. I recovered one bullet, it was the first shot, just about exited but got hung up in the hide, the neck hide was VERY thick on this bull, much thicker than my buddies bull. The mushroom is unbelieveable.

Devilbear
09-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Even an "old" dog, can learn new tricks, eh?

BTW, my intention here was not to hijack your thread and my felicitations were sincerely meant, I simply felt that making a comment that many would take as suggesting violence might not be in our best interests as hunters. You have made more of it than I intended, but, since it is your thread, I won't take it further.

The biggest Mulie rack I have ever seen came from Nelson, shot by Bill McDonald once of Nelson Marine Service and it was a simply gorgeous trophy. I saw some monster "trophy homes" being built exactly where he shot this buck, long ago and I remember stalking Mulies there in the late '60s and there were gazillions of them...."progress" ain't always what we hunters desire, IMO.

HD95
09-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Nice bull,Brambles.Nothing finer than elk backstraps.

Johnnybear
09-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Great story and follow up photos Brambles! Congrats big time. I have bumped into and watched quite a few Elk here on the Island but have never been Elk hunting. Posts like yours and many others make me want to plan a hunt soon for them.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

09-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice bull, great story, good work! One to be proud of!

blackbart
09-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Brambles.

Very well done on the elk. I am both happy for you, and jealous that I have not been as fortunate.

As for the hippy smell comment? You have obviously have not had the displeasure of smelling myself or some of my partners after a back pack hunt. Yikkes is the only way to describe my smell after a week or so of hunting. Proud to admit that it puts any petulli oil smelling, granola munching, pot smoking, dread lock wearing Nelsonite to shame!

Anyone want to buy a few poly shirts? Newly washed, but still smell like hunting camp.

todbartell
09-22-2009, 08:00 PM
great elk. and you look cool in your camo, which is important. Remember, Superman wears Sitka pajamas!

Sitkaspruce
09-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Brambles

I have to laugh, I just jumped on HuntBC after getting home from work, where I just finished looking at your bull that was emailed to me this morning. As soon as I saw your post I knew they were one and the same. It sure did not take long for them to circulate......:eek:

Congrats on the Great Bull!!! The email said the pack was a bi*ch but worth it!!!!

Again congrats on your first of many!!!

Cheers

SS

Rattler
09-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Congrats again on a fine bull buddy. Would gladly help you pack another bull out any day....

As for that hot line SSS, that is out of order right now. I have been on 3 elk kills in the last 10 days.

M.Dean
09-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Every things been said all ready!!! Hell of a nice bull!!! Congrats to you on a great hunt and your buddy's for pitching in!!!

Brambles
09-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Even an "old" dog, can learn new tricks, eh?

BTW, my intention here was not to hijack your thread and my felicitations were sincerely meant, I simply felt that making a comment that many would take as suggesting violence might not be in our best interests as hunters. You have made more of it than I intended, but, since it is your thread, I won't take it further.

The biggest Mulie rack I have ever seen came from Nelson, shot by Bill McDonald once of Nelson Marine Service and it was a simply gorgeous trophy. I saw some monster "trophy homes" being built exactly where he shot this buck, long ago and I remember stalking Mulies there in the late '60s and there were gazillions of them...."progress" ain't always what we hunters desire, IMO.

I know the exact buck your talking about, I'm friends with his son. Not the son that has possession of the buck so I've only seen pictures, not the real thing. That buck was shot A LONG time ago and is a beautiful buck.

35 Whelen
09-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Any time Paul, good luck fishin. Any use for mulie hair or Goat hair? Probably gonna down one each of those this season too. Goat hair Dolly jigs? Sounds like a winner to me:!:

You bet Jeff.....if it flies or walks on all fours it has something for the fly tier.

I would imagine the fringe hair of the back of a goats leg would make some pretty nice looking bucktails for the main lake.

And fly tiers are the worst hoarders in the world. You think you are a gear junky.....LOL, you haven't seem my man cave recently....LOL

Brambles
09-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Brambles

I have to laugh, I just jumped on HuntBC after getting home from work, where I just finished looking at your bull that was emailed to me this morning. As soon as I saw your post I knew they were one and the same. It sure did not take long for them to circulate......:eek:

Congrats on the Great Bull!!! The email said the pack was a bi*ch but worth it!!!!

Again congrats on your first of many!!!

Cheers

SS

I'm a little shocked, I haven't emailed ANYONE these pictures. But my wife did burn my hunting partner a CD of the photo's so I guess its all his fault.

The pack was a good one, I had a full front quarter and the rack, the rack was strapped on all wrong but I was too stubborn to take the pack off and readjust it. Damn tines kept jabbing me in the top of the knee.

model88
09-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Congrats Brambles, way to go!! Awesome bull!!!

Sitkaspruce
09-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm a little shocked, I haven't emailed ANYONE these pictures. But my wife did burn my hunting partner a CD of the photo's so I guess its all his fault.

The pack was a good one, I had a full front quarter and the rack, the rack was strapped on all wrong but I was too stubborn to take the pack off and readjust it. Damn tines kept jabbing me in the top of the knee.

Not sure if you care, but the picts stop with me. I just look and file one of them to stare at when ever I want to look at elk:D. The rest, along with the email are deleted. Not my business to pass them around, thats yours;-).

Again great first elk!!!

Cheers

SS

cainer
09-22-2009, 09:23 PM
congrats brambles...hope you got a good spot on the wall for those antlers!

Gateholio
09-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Congrats, that is a great bull!:D

shaner338
09-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Awesome bull, Congrats! Worked out well for ya running into the shade!!:cool:

landphil
09-22-2009, 11:35 PM
What's that phone number???

Here it is - call anytime;-)
867-5309

Ridge_Kid
09-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Nice bull buddy

Stone Sheep Steve
09-23-2009, 03:51 AM
Here it is - call anytime;-)
867-5309

Scared to find out who's number that is.

No worries Rattler. I'll just call the moving company "Two Small Men with Big Hearts", We'll just see how big those hearts really are. ;)...but I have my doubts:lol:

SSS

bighornbob
09-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Great Bull you got there, now pass some steaks my way for the Honda generator CD:tongue:

Are you going to lifesize it. It would look great in the corner of your new shop.

BHB

troutseeker
09-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Scared to find out who's number that is.

No worries Rattler. I'll just call the moving company "Two Small Men with Big Hearts", We'll just see how big those hearts really are. ;)...but I have my doubts:lol:

SSS

867-5309? That's Jenny's number, she'll help you out. Youngsters...

Kody94
09-23-2009, 09:23 AM

Sheesh, eh?

Here it is for those that missed the '80s....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axLRUszuu9I

Stone Sheep Steve
09-23-2009, 09:27 AM

Here and I thought it was Jenny Craig:|. Thought you were calling me "fat" or something:wink:

Forgot about that one. I wish I was a youngster:icon_frow.

Thx for clueing me in 4Ster.

SSS

Brambles
09-23-2009, 10:06 AM
After re reading my post I realized I didn't specifically thank the guys that helped me pack out the elk.......SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO

BIG THANKS TO

-Rattler
-My Brother,who hates this website.....
-Our Buddy from the Great North
-And last but not least the two little backgroud singers...

Stone Sheep Steve
09-23-2009, 12:36 PM
-My Brother,who hates this website.....

Ya but he hates everything. Why do you think we call him Angry Bob??:tongue:

SSS

calvin L
09-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Good for you JeffI am sure that you have put in your time for a bull . I just can't under stand how that apa bow missed . Do you want to buy a hoyt :redface:

Brambles
09-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Good for you JeffI am sure that you have put in your time for a bull . I just can't under stand how that apa bow missed . Do you want to buy a hoyt :redface:

I drew back and the broadhead hooked on a branch and popped the arrow off the string. He then had me pegged and was at full alert and he had moved a bit so I had to guess at my yardage. He did manage to wait for me to re string my arrow and come to full draw but he jumped the string and I shot over his back:frown:

Aint the bows fault, just wasn't in the cards that day..

muleyman
09-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Nice elk Brambles.

mark
09-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Awesome bull man, congrats! Ive been out chasing them myself!
Once you get an elk it becomes a priority every year!
Too bad it wasnt a major scream fest into close range, theres's nothing quit like it!
I always tell guys, bugling elk is the most exciting thing a man can do after his first piece of ass!

dukester
09-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Atta Boy Mr. B thats a great elk.. duke:razz:

moosehunter21
09-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Helluva Bull. Nice Story Congrats!!!

Blainer
09-26-2009, 12:06 PM
That is exactly the type of story and pictures that keep me visiting this site!
"10"

Brambles
09-26-2009, 02:22 PM
That is exactly the type of story and pictures that keep me visiting this site!
"10"

Thanks for the comments, its nice to hear that all the effort a guy puts into a good timely write-up and all the effort taken to get some decent field photo's doesn't go unnoticed. I'm sure hundreds, if not thousands of lurkers have seen this post and have elected not to respond for some reason or another, but its the guys that do take the time to show some sort of appreciation and feedback that make guys like me want to share the experiance.

I enjoy doing the write-ups on sucessfull hunts, it allows me to relive the moment again. When your hunting the moment only lasts for a few seconds, when you write about it, then it lasts forever.

Thanks

Brambles

rocksteady
09-26-2009, 07:58 PM
What comes around goes around...Great story, great pics, great appreciation......C'Mon Brambles, I know you want to.........

Give me a big ole internet hug buddy!!!

Islandeer
09-26-2009, 08:15 PM
good on yah mate!! A great moment to hang on to ... :smile:

Caveman
09-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Great Job Brambles!!!!

hunter1947
10-20-2009, 11:21 AM
What a fantastic bull you got Brambles ,it has a good mass to it ,congrats on harvesting this fantastic bull elk http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.