PDA

View Full Version : "Doh!! - Jewel Lake/Greenwood area

sapper
09-21-2009, 07:51 PM
The hunting trip that I've been planning for the last 9 months, Oct. long weekend, has suddenly gone from 5 guys (incl. myself) all with LEH's, quads, etc. and all hunting for whitey does to myself and one other new hunter with limited gear and experience. I've had one successful hunt myself so I guess that makes me the pro. :wink:

Anyhow instead of us camping in the wall tent somewhere outside of the Grand Forks area we're now looking at setting up base closer to Greenwood. I've got some good spots in mind closer to Grand Forks and Christina Lake, thanks to Palmer and D6Dan, but would love some PM's for pointers around the Greenwood area. We need to be in 8-15 for our whitey LEH's though.
Cheers and thanks ahead.

sapper
09-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Hmm, 140 people viewing this post but no responses yet. Methinks maybe Greenwood is going to be "Hunting Central" that weekend and that no-one wants me poking around anywhere near their prime spot.:p Nah, Greenwood can't be Hunting Central, I think that is Coldwater. ;)
Again, I'm not asking for anybody's prime spot but maybe just point me in the right geographical direction, "Go West, young man." No, west is 8-14, I must go east.

mxracer328
09-22-2009, 03:34 PM
well i got no info on the area, but that sucks having everyone bail. im sure it will still be a good trip no matter what tho

goatdancer
09-22-2009, 03:37 PM
You could go up Boundary Creek. Don't turn up towards Jewel Lake, just continue straight ahead. There's a lot of country and roads back there. Used to be able to go all the way around to Grand Forks. Used to hunt a lot up there but haven't been back for quite a few years. The Backroads Mapbook shows most of the roads. Good luck.

Gun Babe
09-22-2009, 04:55 PM
My hubby has hunted that area a lot in the past....he says..." go to Dead Eye Creek, and then go to the top of the mountain on the right hand side....and you will find lots of BIG bucks... and where there are bucks there are doe's"

Hope this helps, as we both feel bad for ya that your hunting trip has taken a bit of a hit....Wishing you luck and remember us if you get the big one....

Sunny
09-25-2009, 05:29 PM
belware local young kid break in your tent . I just come back from there. One couple from there break down their truck at the service road and me and my partner help them to replace their truck's tire. They told us some kid break in some hunter's truck .

d6dan
09-25-2009, 07:06 PM
You could go up Boundary Creek. Don't turn up towards Jewel Lake, just continue straight ahead. There's a lot of country and roads back there. Used to be able to go all the way around to Grand Forks. Used to hunt a lot up there but haven't been back for quite a few years. The Backroads Mapbook shows most of the roads. Good luck.

Twin Bridges-Gable ck road. terrace peaks, etc, heck you can even come out in christian valley. But know your maps, you can get lost real easy up there...

sapper
09-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks again, D6Dan.

ElkMasterC
09-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Hunt by the Courthouse in GF..lotsa whiteys there...try Robin's Donuts as well....I've seen some nice bucks there too.