PDA

View Full Version : Check mate bow

Wild one
09-21-2009, 05:28 PM
I would like to get a check mate recurve made but since owner ship has changed I don't know how to find the new owner.Can any one here point me in the right derection with out paying extra to one of the bow shops to get it done.

Foxtail
09-21-2009, 07:38 PM
I think it moved out to port alberni. Sorry thats all the help I'm gonna be at this point that's the only part of the story I remember.

Wild one
09-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Thats what I found as well but I can not find any contact info.

Foxtail
09-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Marc Moriez is the guy that took over... I found it in a thread that Greybark on here posted... pm him.. . I think that will be your best bet.

J_T
09-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Yup send Greybark a PM. Marc Moriez has been their bowyer for years. The bows are his design. Larry and Dorothy simply passed the torch to where it belonged. Below is an email I got from Greybark.

As of now Chek-Mate Bows will have departed their Abbotsford location and have relocated near Port Alberni on Vancouver island . The founders of CheK-Mate were Dorothy Lidstone and Larry Courchaine around 1972 and now the company will be owned and operated by their long time Boyer Marc Moriez .

Over the years Chek-Mate has supported and donated many high quality bows for the TBBC`s various functions . One little known fact was they only advertised in our OFF THE SHELF and their support is most appreciated . Dorothy and Larry will now devote a large portion of their time on the ATV trails in the Princeton area and fi shing Steelhead in the Vedder River ., The best of luck and heath to both of you .

Over all these years Marc as Boyer was the heart of Chek-Mate as he still demonstrates by getting excited with each bow taking shape in hands and learned eye . Marc the best of luck to you and your family we are assures that the good name of CHEK-MATE Bows is in the most competent of hands .