PDA

View Full Version : Jetboat vid from my Elk Hunt

Rock Doctor
09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Just a little look at the upper Prophet River, around where the Minaker runs in. Lots of splits and braids in the river in that area, not a good place to get grounded on a gravel bar. As far as I know, I'm one of the only guys that jetboat up that far, most guys don't get past Tenaka Creek:). Glad I have a SPOT, but still, it would probably be easier to walk out than convince someone to come help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBQk8oVNN2M

RD

09-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Glad I have a SPOT, but still, it would probably be easier to walk out than convince someone to come help.
RD

Lol, I wonder why....nice video, and skillfull navigation too!:-o

silvertipp
09-20-2009, 09:40 PM
R/Doctor
your vids are great whats the specs on that boat

J_T
09-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Just a little look at the upper Prophet River, around where the Minaker runs in. Lots of splits and braids in the river in that area, not a good place to get grounded on a gravel bar. As far as I know, I'm one of the only guys that jetboat up that far, most guys don't get past Tenaka Creek:). Glad I have a SPOT, but still, it would probably be easier to walk out than convince someone to come help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBQk8oVNN2M

RDYup, it's a new experience. Seems you have life up there figured out very well. Good on ya.

Johnnybear
09-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Great video RD. Liked it alot. I love aluminum boats (own an ocean boat) but haven't got a clue about running rivers. I love watching your vids. Thanks for sharing:grin:.

Cheers.

Jb

Freshtracks
09-21-2009, 12:36 AM
RD ... another great vid. Is that the same original Samsung Sportcam from your intitial video debut? If so how's it held up?

landphil
09-21-2009, 12:55 AM
It looks like that would keep a guy on his toes - thanks for sharing.

Brambles
09-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Doesn't look like a very relaxing boat ride. Fairly amazing how steady your camera is considering whats going on. Thanks for posting up, always an eye opener to Jetboating.

mark
09-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Wow, pretty bony road for sure, wouldnt get far with a beer can hull in that one!

Rock Doctor
09-21-2009, 12:02 PM
R/Doctor
your vids are great whats the specs on that boat

Tks:smile:
Boat was custom built by Doug Shuman
18'4" long, 6' wide
1/4" bottom, 6 deg, with LOTS of stringers
175hp Merc SJ

RD ... another great vid. Is that the same original Samsung Sportcam from your intitial video debut? If so how's it held up?

No, I now have 2 Samsung Sportscams, both have failed:-?, currently I am using a VIO POV1 (The "HOLY GRAIL" of headcams)

Doesn't look like a very relaxing boat ride. Fairly amazing how steady your camera is considering whats going on. Thanks for posting up, always an eye opener to Jetboating.

A persons head is like a natural Gyro, mounting a camera to your head is VERY steady.

Wow, pretty bony road for sure, wouldnt get far with a beer can hull in that one!

Fun fun fun:wink:

RD

bridger
09-21-2009, 02:26 PM
i know a guy that used to go past richards creek in a 32 ft wooden boat and a 115 hp outboard jet. fact he ferried my horses across the river at the big bend.

hosman
10-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Here is a fellow I know (Tyler).........2nd person I have heard boating this far and both of them obviously not afraid of denting their boat..There are major boulder alleys and shelves from dowstream of besa to up past Kravic creek. I also own a river boat and thought about taking it up there many times, but it must be still "too new" as common sense kicks in!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/TY1WEED#p/u/3/6EJYd-21tLU

wrenchyanker
10-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Thats some pretty skinny water! Great job on the navigation and filming, don't see myself running my boat up there!:shock: