PDA

View Full Version : Prince George Elk

drivintrucks_shootinbucks
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I have been out the past couple weekends, focusing on getting myself a bull. I dont seem to be getting any answeres to bugles, or cow calls. I dont even see much in the way of fresh sign. the only thing i managed to bugle in was another hunter. Does anyone know if the elk have started rutting around Prince George? If i remember correctly the first 10 days of september are supposed to be the time to bugle. Maybe its just to warm?

todbartell
09-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I would check new area. Hunting in an elkless area will lead to low success rates on elk

lightmag
09-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I have been out the past couple weekends, focusing on getting myself a bull. I dont seem to be getting any answeres to bugles, or cow calls. I dont even see much in the way of fresh sign. the only thing i managed to bugle in was another hunter. Does anyone know if the elk have started rutting around Prince George? If i remember correctly the first 10 days of september are supposed to be the time to bugle. Maybe its just to warm?

they are rutting now and peaking now, i've good action locally and some have a few buddy's but the elk are quieter than usual, justbecause you don't hear them doesn't mean they aren't coming, check out my "small heard " thread

drivintrucks_shootinbucks
09-21-2009, 05:35 PM
I would check new area. Hunting in an elkless area will lead to low success rates on elk

yeah i kinda figured that part out...i know they are in their...numerous people have seen them, and another hunter i talked to bugled one in during bow season, its just that nothing seems to be moving right now...gonna go across the highway down through the thick, to where there are some fields along the river