PDA

View Full Version : Back From The Elk Quest

quadrakid
09-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Just spent a week hunting hard in the east kootenays. Great week for camping,it was so hot there were grasshoppers about. Never came close to getting an elk but sure enjoyed the country and hopefully learned a thing or two to help me in my quest for an elk. Next year!

buckguy
09-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Well at least the weather was warm, and you learned something to put toward next years hunt. Any bad day/s of hunting is better than a good day/s at work.

5 spike
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
sounds like you had a great time. i no when shooter and i went hunting up north last year with the boys we didnt fill all our tags but we all had a great time seeing new country and meeting some very nice people. next year is another season. now get back to those blacktails we cant wait to see some pics. good luck gary.

model88
09-20-2009, 07:45 PM
QK, sorry I never got up there for a beer, was working and then went on a fishing trip. Next time for sure. Yeah it was hot, too hot. The elk just seemed to clam up.

Shooter
09-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Tough luck on the hunt Garry. Glad you had a good time, it seems when we don't fill tags is when we learn some of the best lessons. Hope you nail that cranket BT you've had your eye on.

cainer
09-20-2009, 10:33 PM
we did the same thing-my guess is too early?