PDA

View Full Version : Parsnip river 7-23

Big Blaze
09-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey everone, I just had a few question about the area 7-23. I am leaving in a couple of weeks for a moose hunting trip there and we will be camped close to the parsnip, and was wondering if anyone know if it would be worth it to bring my drift rod? and if so what kind of fish will be running? Also I need to know about the access across the river. Looking on the backroad map book shows a crossing at Hodda, but from what we saw last year that crossing doesnt apear to be there. So the question is, will it be better to cross at Anzac then head north, or go up to the Kennedy Sliding Rd then head south. We are looking at setting up camp around were Hodda is marked on the backroad map book. Thanks for any info you guys can give either on the fishing or the access. Cheers

Viking
09-20-2009, 05:01 PM
If you are hunting 7-23a then I would not go in from the Anzac side, as the bridge at Reynolds creek washed out last year.

Big Blaze
09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
is that the bridge at Hodda on the PC1177 road or the one right at Anzac were the boat launch is?

Ironball
09-20-2009, 05:23 PM
If you are hunting 7-23a then I would not go in from the Anzac side, as the bridge at Reynolds creek washed out last year.

Which sub area are you hunting? If 7-23 a you should take Vikings advise.River holds rainbows and grayling

Big Blaze
09-20-2009, 05:37 PM
yeah I am in 7-23a
I just need to know what bridge you are talking about, I am going off of the backroads map book map 42 and the crossing at Anzac on the parsnip looks like a fairly main one, and if that is the bridge thats out I will have to head north on the hwy 97 then come back down south, or is it the bridge up around the Hodda marker on the map?

moosinaround
09-20-2009, 06:36 PM
The bridge at Reynolds creek!! It is washed out! Major crossing too! You'll have to go around from Kennedy siding! Moosin

lip_ripper00
09-20-2009, 06:40 PM
PM me a phone number, lets talk:wink:

Hedge
11-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Well how did you make out, were you there for the Oct 1st or Oct 10th cow/calf. I heard that the area was getting cleaned out from the increased amount of draws? Have they started logging in there yet?