PDA

View Full Version : stein valley

Brew
09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Just wondering how many of you have alpine hunted around the stein valley. I've been doing a lot of looking on google earth and really want to throw a pack on and hit the alpine. I spotted a couple different access points and one in particular you can drive fairly close to the alpine south of duffey lake. Does this area get hit hard by hunters or is it a good spot to get away from the crowds and look for nice bucks. Not asking for anyones spot just a little info of the area. will most likely be solo so any advice would be great to point me in the right direction thanks guys.

stixnstones
09-20-2009, 12:09 PM
hey brew there are no animals in the stein valley.lol

Brew
09-20-2009, 12:13 PM
thats too bad sixstones. I'll try somewhere else then. thanks for letting me know now before i went on a long hike carrying my rifle for no reason lol

CHEAM
09-20-2009, 01:02 PM
If your talking about Van horlick CR. and Blowdown CR. There is alot of hiking traffic from Whistler in that area. the deer are there in late June when the snow first melts but then seem to move . I only hunted it once.Try a little to the east.

Panda
09-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Hunted it once in Sept of last year... not a whole lotta game but pretty amazing scenery and meadows. Go up the Duffy Lake road from Pemberton and take a right on Blowdown FSR... you will need a rockcrawling vehicle, ATV, or 4x4 with good clearance to get up to the park boundary... if nothing is blocking it you could drive in.

There is a cool mine site in the valley as well

Sitkaspruce
09-20-2009, 04:41 PM
I would check with the Coastal Fire Center or BC Parks about the fire that occured in the valley. It was quite large and was under modified response.

Cheers

SS

MichelD
09-20-2009, 06:43 PM
No motor vehicles permitted in the park.