PDA

View Full Version : Back from 5.01

dee1
09-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Just got back from a few days hunting in 5.01.Windy mtn.
have a leh for any bull A few days up there in the 26+heat.
Seen one doe one spike one (bear not where we could shoot area).
That was it. Talked to a few people all said they have not seen much.
Not even a lot of sign. went down to 5 at night with a little rain but dry and warm by morning. I no a few people who live there and who hunt.
They have not seen anything eather.Going to try to go back on the.
25th for one more try.
hope this my help any of you. Good luck.
Dee1

buckguy
09-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear about hunt. The heat definately to much to bear. Better luck on the next hunt. Hopefully mother nature gives you a helping hand.

cainer
09-19-2009, 08:07 PM
crappy dude-I feel your pain-keep at 'er

The Hermit
09-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Go for a paddle!

hillclimber
09-19-2009, 09:32 PM
hmm i talked to a local there and they seen 17 deer in one area. a few spikes and the rest does. they were just off of judson road apparently. i got a doe tag there for oct/nov so hopefully i'll fill it thanksgiving. maybe even a buck too.

if you have any questions about the area feel free to ask. and after my thanksgiving trip i'll let you know if i've seen anything.

cheers
stefan

whitespringer
09-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Too bad about the weather.:icon_frow I am heading to 5-1 Oct. 1 any bull. I hope it cools down a bit by then.

recoil
09-20-2009, 02:13 PM
I find that the closer you are to the developed areas the more deer i see, almost like they know where you can't shoot them. Lots in the area though, too much roadkill this summer along highway24/horse lake road, one fellow on a motorbike was almost killed by a doe that jumped in front of him and caused a wreck.

Try hunting lower also as the deer seem to move out of the high areas by mid to late september.

Jelvis
09-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Deer gone by Sept 20th like the recoiler saying out of one area and down the next going towards Kamloops Lake and Little Fort and Clinton -- bye bye
Sorry you missed us -- haha -- see yah on the winter range sucka --
Jel -- day late and a buck snort --

horshur
09-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Deer gone by Sept 20th like the recoiler saying out of one area and down the next going towards Kamloops Lake and Little Fort and Clinton -- bye bye
Sorry you missed us -- haha -- see yah on the winter range sucka --
Jel -- day late and a buck snort --

they are still up at 5200+f

Billyisgr8
09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
We go to a cabin at Bowers evey 2 - 3 weeks, and I saw 2 seperate bucks by the waters edge the weekend of Sept 5 towards the south end at Jims creek entrance probably 1/4 mile apart, then 1 BIG Mulie , we both counted 5 just around the corner from the campground about halfway up the lake, then also saw a lynx about 10 minutes later at the campground, all this while we were trolling. We have never seen so much wildlife as the past time out there, in fact the very long time residents are saying they have never seen this amount of wildlife in a summer period out there. I also keep seeing a doe and a 2 point buck walking down the deer trail right beside the outhouse together each day sometimes to the water, and sometimes from the water. They both walked right by me once while I was chainsawing, I stopped to re-fill with gas, and within 10 seconds, they trotted on by...no fear...just cruising through.

hillclimber
09-20-2009, 04:57 PM
bowers lake is a nice lake. to bad the road is so bad. is that your pontoon boat parked at the campground all the time?

groove
09-20-2009, 07:18 PM
No shooting area of Windy Mtn? Where did you spot the bear? JUst curious.

Billyisgr8
09-20-2009, 09:34 PM
bowers lake is a nice lake. to bad the road is so bad. is that your pontoon boat parked at the campground all the time?

Nope, it is owned by the people from across the lake.