PDA

View Full Version : Whisker buiscuit thingies...

troutseeker
09-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I shoot fingers off a flipper rest, all is good but I noticed them fancy whisker biscuit rest's and wonder if anyone shoot's fingers thru them? They sure look like they'd hold the arrow steadier than a flipper!

Thanks, Troutseeker

lilhoss
09-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Switched to a whisker biscuit 2 years ago and I'll never go back.They are great if you want to nock an arrow and do some close in stalking.You don't have to babysit your arrow shaft all the time.

Buck
09-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Whisker biscuits are great good for stalking the arrow won:t fall off.

Bow Walker
09-19-2009, 09:17 PM
If you go for a Whisker Biscuit you'll have a much better match (rest to arrow accuracy) if you also switch to a release. The Fletch Hook comes to mind as possibly the easiest to shoot with.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/lg_fletchhook31.jpg

Arrow dynamics at the shot make using a release with the Whisker Biscuit a much more accurate setup than using fingers.

troutseeker
09-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Thank fellows, but I am NOT switching to a release. So I take it it is ok to shoot fingers with those rests?

Bowzone_Mikey
09-20-2009, 09:00 AM
you can shoot fingers with a whisker bisquit just fine .... as long as you practice and sight accordingly .... the design of the bisquit and the dynamics of finger shooting technically arent a match but the final results are pretty consistant ..... so they are predictible

greybark
09-20-2009, 11:32 AM
:roll: Hey Troutseeker , with a wisker b and finger release you will probably end up with warped vanes caused by the heat build-up of them coming in contact with the WB bristles . Archers paradox is the culpert . . Seen it several times and also tends to melt or distort the round hole in the Wisker B .
:biggrin: You may however have just the right bending moment but don`t count on it ...
Cheers

MikeH
09-21-2009, 07:04 PM
I have a biscuit and I shoot with my fingers been shooting for almost 20 yrs.I do want to try mech release.I love that the arrow just sits there and doesn't move.Shooting a very tight group I'm replacing a lot of nocks;-).

LeverActionJunkie
09-21-2009, 07:16 PM
I was expecting something different when I clicked on this one:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Bigbear
09-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Put Armorall on the last 6 in of you arrow. It will make the shaft and fletch slick , and you will have very little friction on the Biscut.

Bow Walker
09-22-2009, 09:34 AM
...also make sure that there is a dab of glue at the front of your fletching. This helps the whiskers slide over the vanes/feathers and not tear them from the shaft.

It's a good idea for any arrows to have the dab of glue at the front of the fletching - just passing through the animal can tear a fletch from he shaft.

silvertipp
09-22-2009, 11:06 AM
ive never thought of useing a wisker biscuit for hunting ,i think ill stick with its its original purpose

Bow Walker
09-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Whisker Cookies make one heckova good hunting rest. Just make sure that you get the proper size for the arrow that you're shooting.

e.g. You shouldn't shoot carbons from a rest that has a hole-size for aluminium shafts - and visa versa.

MikeH
09-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Put Armorall on the last 6 in of you arrow. It will make the shaft and fletch slick , and you will have very little friction on the Biscut.

Will try that on my yard arrows but not sure of hunting, any problems with smell?

Bowzone_Mikey
09-27-2009, 08:59 AM
no smell problems in my exp ...

I along with thousands others treat the whiskers with Armour all .... and havent heard or read about a smelly complaint

MikeH
09-27-2009, 03:11 PM
good to hear!Sprayed 6 to see how well it shoots seems o.k will help with friction.

wolverine
09-27-2009, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't have anything else on my bow. Get one, get a release and you'll love it.

timbermilton
09-28-2009, 10:41 AM
my wife shoot fingers and has a WB, very accurate and consistant shooting. no extreme problems with fletchings, just the normal wear.