PDA

View Full Version : I'm adda here. Kelowna bound

Seabass
12-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Its been nice living on the Island for 18ish years or so but I'm heading off to sunny Kelowna. CR will always be home but I just thought I would try something new. Like a place that doesn't rain all the time. I'll be looking forward to hunting big deer WORTH shooting and getting my first color phased bear this spring. I look forward to learning about the area and all the locals honey holes!! :-) Already have a friend up there whos a Butcher (Johnny's Meats), is life great or what!! I'll be leaving on Monday. So watchout Kelowna here comes Seabass!!!!:grin:

Cheers

Seabass

mainland hunter
12-30-2005, 01:06 PM
what are you doin for work up there. id love to live anywhere in the interior. or just anywhere outside the lower mainland

Shoey
12-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Its been nice living on the Island for 18ish years or so but I'm heading off to sunny Kelowna.

Sure getting the hell off the island is a bonus, but Kelowna!??!?!?!

I know we both like the Leafs and hate the Canucks, but since my loyaties lie in Kamloops. I think this makes us mortal enemies now. :-x

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK!
MIKE

Marc
12-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Seabass make sure you let me know what your new email addy is when you get there so I can update your profile so that your PM messages will follow you.

Good luck on your move and your new hunting adventures.

Seabass
12-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Sure getting the hell off the island is a bonus, but Kelowna!??!?!?!

I know we both like the Leafs and hate the Canucks, but since my loyaties lie in Kamloops. I think this makes us mortal enemies now. :-x

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK!
MIKE

Don't worry Shoey,
We can still be friends. I'll be bringing some Island Class to the city of Kelowna. And as they say; We'll always have the Leafs!! Actually I'll be outside Kelowna in Rutland. But none the less I won't be turing into any city slicker prepy guy anytime soon.

Mainland Hunter:
I'm going to Kelowna to play rugby and the team over there have set me up with some contacts in the club. Mainly constrution work.

Marc
Will do let you know any changes for sure, thanks

Nails
12-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Good Luck to you Seabass, Kelowna is a great place to go too if your leaving the Island. You'll be back, the Island will call you home. Theres no smell like the CR ocean waters eh:grin: .

Nails
12-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Rugby, bigger deer, better elk hunting, no wonder your going.

beeker
12-30-2005, 04:10 PM
There are no big deer around Kelowna... weird how these rumors get started:grin:

Welcome to the Okanagan, once you get a taste you'll never look back.

sealevel
12-30-2005, 05:01 PM
I left the island sure miss the ocean- fishing oysters and most of all i miss the barkley sound.

but i don`t miss that damm ferry or the rain orrrr the teeny deer

buckslayer
12-30-2005, 05:48 PM
welcome to kelowna Seabass

12-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the Okanagan, why you all bring the rain with you?? :) Gareenteed you will love it, and if construction is your suit, Kelowna is a growing concern and finding work shouldn't be any problem.
We may not have the biggest deer in the province but you will like, and if fishing is a past time, the mountain lakes and rainbows will provide lots of entertainment.

mark
12-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Oh no, seabass is coming! i better get some camo gear on my bucks for next year! :eek:

welcome to the paradise city! youll wonder how you ever lived anywhere else!:smile:

Seabass
12-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Ha ha, well Mark, with the move and everyting I might have to dish out and but a new gun ie a flat shooter. The area seems a little open for my 45/70 but I'll giver a go!!!

Jagermeister
12-30-2005, 08:25 PM
My brother-in-law lives there, moved fron Victoria 10 or 12 years ago. Said traffic in Victoria was too hectic, boy did he get anawakening. He says it's not too bad, but he drives like a mad man, so everyone gets out of his way

I can understand wanting to escape the rain, but.......Kelowna, and Rutland to boot? Would not be my choice of areas unless it was out on the foothills of Black Mountain. My B-I-L lived in Rutland, I got my Jeep and sailboat ripped off from in front of his house.

Harvey Avenue, at 3:00pm, ieyee!

I was raised in the OK Valley, Penticton, I have no desire to return there. Nosiree, Kamloops is the place I'm gonna to be, fine living, central, not too far to anywhere, I'm just counting the days.

beeker
12-31-2005, 01:24 AM
Harvey Avenue is definitely NOT in Rutland. Rutland is a communtiy composed of mostly blue collared working folks, many young families, and Johnny the friendly butcher! The stereotype given to Rutland is completely false. It sounds as if you have the downtown area and Rutland confused, ie. Harvey Avenue.

Seabass
12-31-2005, 04:22 AM
Well I'm not to worried about Rutland, Kelowna or anywhere else. Rutland seem like a good place from what I've seen this summer and I follow the "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six" rule if you know what I mean. I don't follow stupid "liberal" rules that will get me killed/hurt, when it comes to scum bags.
I think Kelowna is a clean, beautiful city. Like any city it had its bad side but I'm not like that no more and I'm more of a live and let live but don't mess around kinda guy. I look forward to meeting new friends/ hunters and enjoying the great outdoors.

Happy new year

Seabass

burnt03
12-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Rutland is like any other place in town, some good and some bad.

As long as you didn't buy a place on Hein Road, you're good to go. :grin:

Joe89
12-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the Okanagan, maybe I'll see you up in the hills this year, I'm planning to go out for spring bear this year (my first time).

oldtimer
12-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Seabass good move, gets you closer to where the real hunting is. region5. lmao. Mike

abbyfireguy
01-01-2006, 10:27 PM
There are no big deer around Kelowna... weird how these rumors get started:grin:

Welcome to the Okanagan, once you get a taste you'll never look back.

This is how the rumors get started, times two..:biggrin:

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/albums/Hunting-pics/dave8.sized.jpg

jackychiles
01-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Rutland raised and now I am destined to live out my years here. Jonny ( from jonnys' meats) is a good guy. In fact I graduated with his sister. They are an old Rutland family and they love to hunt. You will love it here.

Jacky

Ronforca
01-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the Sunny Okanagan Seabass.I live in the Southern end of the Ok.Since I have left the wet coast of B.C I only go back to see my kids and grandchildren otherwise the only way I would go back is to be dragged kicking and screaming.Get in touch when you get settled and if you ever get down around Oliver.
Ron