PDA

View Full Version : initiation joke a bit late.

BearStump
09-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I've been reading your the stuff on here for a couple of years but just recently signed on as a user so its only right for me to spit out a joke and hopefully get a laugh.

so there's a veteran that just came back from afganistan and is out of work. His wife puts on the pressure to get of his ass and get a job the day he gets home. so he finds an ad in the wanted column and applies for a job with the post office. It only makes sense, since he can hike forever its a good fit for him.
A couple days later he gets the call, and shortly after, the interview. While in the interview the head postie asks what he has done for a previous line of work. he explains that he was in the canadian military serving in afganistan. "wow, he says, that's a very respectable line of work, have you ever been injured in the line of duty?"
Bashfully the man says "yes I did sustain one injury while over seas.......I had my nuts blown off by a road side bomb."

Well out of the appreciation for time served in the forces the head postie said, " you sound like a fine young gent to me, you're hired can you come in tomorrow for 10:00?"

"sure I can, but doesnt the post office open at 8?"
Well yes it does but this is a govt. job and everyone knows that we just sit around and scratch our balls for the first 2 hrs everyday, so there's no point in YOU being here for that.