PDA

View Full Version : 7-12

born2hunt
09-18-2009, 04:10 PM
looking for some info on this area 7-12A - not looking for your honey holes just a little info, taking my kids there on the 27th of sept they both got bull draws. were will be staying at the cabins on tachick lake . we,ve never been to this area so any info is helpfull.:))

burger
09-18-2009, 07:48 PM
South of you is the Klusklus FSR as well as the Bobtail FSR. Lots of area there you just have to find where they are moving through. We have seen bulls along the bobtail the most. It doesnt show it on most maps but the bobtail intersects with the klusklus just north of finger lake. Truthfully just put in the time there and you will see bulls. I usually stay out all day as they will move all the time. Watch the full moon though as we have had trouble with the moose only moving at night as they can see to feed.

tinhorse
09-18-2009, 07:55 PM
try the greg creek fsr. 30km out of PG towards vanderhoof. I and my friends have shot lots of moose out there. Especially at the 30km mark hang a left, there is some great cuts up there in the hills. also open for any mule deer out that way and we have always shot deer as well. I am pretty sure the regs said it is open for buck or doe this year I think. good luck.

todbartell
09-18-2009, 08:50 PM
try the greg creek fsr. 30km out of PG towards vanderhoof. I and my friends have shot lots of moose out there. Especially at the 30km mark hang a left, there is some great cuts up there in the hills. also open for any mule deer out that way and we have always shot deer as well. I am pretty sure the regs said it is open for buck or doe this year I think. good luck.

that would be 7-12B

You'll have fairly long commutes into good moose country from Tachik. Get off the roads and you'll probably be into moose. Lots of road hunters like the rest of BC and the game know it

born2hunt
09-18-2009, 09:55 PM
that would be 7-12B

You'll have fairly long commutes into good moose country from Tachik. Get off the roads and you'll probably be into moose. Lots of road hunters like the rest of BC and the game know it
thanks for the tip Tod:) don,t need any grief or confussion.

moosinaround
09-18-2009, 10:02 PM
looking for some info on this area 7-12A - not looking for your honey holes just a little info, taking my kids there on the 27th of sept they both got bull draws. were will be staying at the cabins on tachick lake . we,ve never been to this area so any info is helpfull.:))
Read the LEH regs carefully! The boundary between 7-12 A and B is Sinkut creek to the north? Double check! Bobtail portion of 7-12B is good, as well as corkscrew off the Kluskus. Good luck! Moosin

burger
09-18-2009, 10:29 PM
My bad after rereading I realize that the bobtail area I am talking about is actually in 7-11. I agree with moosinaround that the corkscrew is a great area heck the whole klusklus can be good at times and places. Like someone else said just get off the really beaten path and you will see animals all over the area.