PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Hunting Partners

mnholt
09-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi all,

I'm currently seeking a hunting partner for an October Hunt to the Babine Lake area. My usual partner has just had his second daughter and is unable to make it this year. He was committed up to a few weeks ago and is no long able to take the time away.

Please let me know if anyone is interested, I am new to this forum. I'm looking to hunt Bucks and Moose from Oct 10-26. I'm located in Squamish, please message me and we can discuss.

Thx.

Myles

4570hunter
09-18-2009, 11:30 AM
How do you hunt? GUN or BOW? How hard do you hunt? All Day or mornings and evenings. Do you walk and hike or do you quad around? Do you camp, Bivy or use a trailer?

I think answering these questions will get you a better response.

It will save them the time tossing a PM at you

mnholt
09-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi,

Yes I should explain, I typically hunt all day on foot with a Rifle. I do have a ATV but primarily use it for access. I do understand the need to explore areas initially to find out where the game is however I typically do not drive all day. I am accusomed to long days with a pack on and I have experience climbing mtn's.

I have a tent but I would like to pick up a travel trailer for camp, I just picked up a diesel truck so that won't happen this year. I feel that there is never just one way to solve a problem and I am open to discussing which strategy is the best hunting strategy for a given hunt and or area. So how I hunt is largely determined by what my partner and I decide on.

I am hoping to find a few partners who are serious hunters and people I can learn something from. Most of the guys I know usually come up with excuses why they can't get away. I have taken a few bucks in Region 5 and Region 3 and have been on Moose hunts before. I do not claim to be an expert however.

Thx,

Myles

4570hunter
09-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Soooo Close. I hunt with bow for about 1 week a year and this year I got LEH cow elk and antlerless deer in the same area. Not a hard hunt but more challenging with bow. There are Bears and plenty of them but my 45/70 will answer the bell if needed.

Good luck on your quest

Cheers and safe hunting for all

mnholt
09-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Thx 4570,

I also have a marlin guide, I just put a Burris FastFireII on it this year :) Keep your eye out for a white F250 with an aluminum rack and winch bumber, we might cross paths.

MH