PDA

View Full Version : Full body mount

Gateholio
09-18-2009, 12:56 AM
How do you make the cuts for a full body mount for a sheep? Gilmore has an LEH 3/4 curl tag for California bighorn, and I may demand that he full body mounts it. I may need to demand strenuously, as I am sure his very hot wife will oppose it.;)

I know how to cut to do a shoulder mount, but never done a full body mount before.:cool:

Stone Sheep Steve
09-18-2009, 04:46 AM
A straight dorsal cut from between the horns to the tip of the tail would be your best bet.
Then, on the legs, you need to cut from the elbows down to the feet.

Some taxis may want different cuts so it's best to consult his preferred taxi first.

I think Gilmore just cursed himself thinking ahead to a mount:mrgreen:.

Hope you've had him working hard on those uphill/downhill shots at the range:wink:.

SSS

Casagrande
09-18-2009, 05:26 AM
How do you make the cuts for a full body mount for a sheep? Gilmore has an LEH 3/4 curl tag for California bighorn, and I may demand that he full body mounts it. I may need to demand strenuously, as I am sure his very hot wife will oppose it.;)

I know how to cut to do a shoulder mount, but never done a full body mount before.:cool:
More evidence of beastality in this far too interconnected valley.:twisted:

Wild Images
09-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Dorsal cut like SSS said and a small cut up the back of each hoof to get the foot cut off.
Do the taxi a huge favor and take a bunch of field measurements for him off the carcass after skinning
Before skinning : nose to front corner of the eye
nose to back of the head
Nose to the base of the tail

After skinning : circumference of the chest behind the legs
circumference around the center of the belly