PDA

View Full Version : Another year of bozz elk action

bozzdrywall
09-17-2009, 08:35 PM
well as most of you know i already shot my 6x7 bull this year. But my wife still wants her bull and iam more than happy to take her out. We will start out with the other night we went out and heard a little bull talking to us so the next morning we went in and called him in to 30 yds. Just a 5x5 so i have been going out in the mornings ( cuz girls like to sleep in) to find a bull worthy of taking. Well tonight was the good night i was on 2 diffrent bulls both screaming like crazy so i come home tell the wife 4:30 comes early she says ya right. Well little does she know i have a cold bucket of water waiting for her if she does not want to get up :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Keep you all posted on the rest of the trip for elk this year. Good luck to all. Keep it Hardcore

Fisher-Dude
09-17-2009, 08:51 PM
It could be problematic for you to be calling elk without your wife with you, since you're tagged out:

It is unlawful to continue to hunt game species on a day in

which the daily bag limit of that species has been taken, or, on the
day or subsequent to the day in which the seasonal bag limit for
that species of game has been taken.

Hunt and Hunting

- includes shooting at,

attracting, searching for, chasing, pursuing, following
after or on the trail of, stalking, or lying
in wait for wildlife or attempting to do any
of those things, whether or not the wildlife
is then or subsequently wounded, killed or
captured:
(a) with intention to capture the wildlife, or
(b) while in possession of a firearm or other
weapon.

So, unless you're out there without your gun (fat chance that you call elk in grizzly country without a gun at your side), you'd be in a heap o' trouble without your wife with you.

WKCotts
09-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Here we go... get the popcorn ready

kako99
09-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Hahaha now now

bowhunterbruce
09-17-2009, 09:06 PM
just the exact reason i always let the mrs fill her tags first,i get twice as much hunting in and usually im filling my tags either by myself or with friends during the deer rutting season

bozzdrywall
09-17-2009, 09:29 PM
well thats news to me thanks for filling me in. Its not my intent to kill an elk with out my wife just to find one for her. And your right i wont go into gbear country without my gun so i guess i might be in the wrong. Well thats what this site is for getting info. Thanks again my wife will love to hear that now she has a legal obligation to wake up early with me. Hurray for me i have a hunting partner for the mornings now. And on the other hand for the people out there who like to ? me every singal thread i make go #### your selfs I have a life and that life is hunting go get one or shoot at something dont take your agression out on me cuz you can hunt like me TEAM HARDCORE.

moosinaround
09-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Bozz, are you sure you were not hunting for whitetails, or mulies?? Cause they are in elk country too!! It wasn't you bugling for elk was it? Maybe a fellow just over from you?? ;) I may need you to show me a thing or two about finishing on those bugling *******s!! I can get em close but man they just don't want to show me a good shot!! Anyways, enjoy the season, ignore the negative, and hunt for the Big Mulies;-) Moosin

BlacktailStalker
09-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Lookin forward to your wifes success story.

I think the law is stupid myself, but it is true :roll:

However, the majority people who post negative stuff or are constantly looking for ways to make threads go south, havent posted an animal in 5 years.

bozzdrywall
09-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Bozz, are you sure you were not hunting for whitetails, or mulies?? Cause they are in elk country too!! It wasn't you bugling for elk was it? Maybe a fellow just over from you?? ;) I may need you to show me a thing or two about finishing on those bugling *******s!! I can get em close but man they just don't want to show me a good shot!! Anyways, enjoy the season, ignore the negative, and hunt for the Big Mulies;-) Moosin

Always trying to fill my tags i thought the deer in the koots sound like the elk cuz they live so close together. Like i said before this site is for good info LOLOLOLOLO:wink::wink::wink::wink:

RiverBoatFantasy
09-17-2009, 09:45 PM
well thats news to me thanks for filling me in. Its not my intent to kill an elk with out my wife just to find one for her. And your right i wont go into gbear country without my gun so i guess i might be in the wrong. Well thats what this site is for getting info. Thanks again my wife will love to hear that now she has a legal obligation to wake up early with me. Hurray for me i have a hunting partner for the mornings now. And on the other hand for the people out there who like to ? me every singal thread i make go F#$K your selfs I have a life and that life is hunting go get one or shoot at something dont take your agression out on me cuz you can hunt like me TEAM HARDCORE.

Just dont be standing on the roof of your truck while bugling and make sure your wife is NOT resting her gun on the hood.

If there is a clear 500 yard shot and good conditions, BLAST IT.

Johnnybear
09-17-2009, 09:52 PM
well thats news to me thanks for filling me in. Its not my intent to kill an elk with out my wife just to find one for her. And your right i wont go into gbear country without my gun so i guess i might be in the wrong. Well thats what this site is for getting info. Thanks again my wife will love to hear that now she has a legal obligation to wake up early with me. Hurray for me i have a hunting partner for the mornings now. And on the other hand for the people out there who like to ? me every singal thread i make go F#$K your selfs I have a life and that life is hunting go get one or shoot at something dont take your agression out on me cuz you can hunt like me TEAM HARDCORE.

Good for you for admitting you might be wrong:D. We have all been wrong at one time or another. As for the go........your selfs (it's yourselves):lol:. That is pretty offensive and quite insulting.

Oh yeah I think you meant "because you can't hunt like me TEAM HARDCORE". What is team hardcore anyway?

Congrats on your Elk and Goat:D. Good luck to your wife;-).

RiverBoatFantasy
09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Good for you for admitting you might be wrong:D. We have all been wrong at one time or another. As for the go........your selfs (it's yourselves):lol:. That is pretty offensive and quite insulting.

Oh yeah I think you meant "because you can't hunt like me TEAM HARDCORE". What is team hardcore anyway?

If I may answer, I believe it is one of the multiple online personalities featured on HBC:wink:

moosinaround
09-17-2009, 09:59 PM

Geese, I didn't find it insulting or offensive at all!! Some times folks need to be flipped off!! Moosin

bozzdrywall
09-17-2009, 10:06 PM

I know i cant spell and my grammer suck but who cares if you get it you get it. now can we please try to make this thread about my elk action with my wife not a bashing of ethics or what not. I said I was in the wrong it wont happen again. As for team hardcore its a very few people that hunt as hard as i do that have the privlage to call themselves HARDCORE And watch for my video in the near future hitting the shelves.

moosinaround
09-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Shall we start calling you the wizard of BOZZ??? LOL Moosin

pro 111
09-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Well said bozz , fisher dude sounds pretty jealous to me . To much time on the skin flute , and not enough on the bugle.

Krico
09-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh no, you've been struck with the sword of an HBC White Knight!!!

While he is correct, that would be a very difficult one to prove. And how many guys out there rip off a few bugles the night before the season opens??? My guess is MANY. I'm sure I've even read about it on here...My guess is if you ever actually got ticketed it would be easy to dispute...ungulate calls work great for calling in bears.

Good luck hunting!

bozzdrywall
09-18-2009, 03:41 AM
Well its 4:30 ish my time and the wife is pissed she has to be up this early going to be a good day.

springpin
09-18-2009, 05:50 AM
Good luck. Knock em' down!!

bozzdrywall
09-18-2009, 08:44 AM
back at home now and man did i here about waking her up but we hit the top of the slide we were hunting at 5:30 sat in the truck with the windows down and waited to here some thing. We only sat for 10-15 min. and the first bugle of many rang out. That sure changed her attitude quick.We got our gear and headed in the direction cow talking the hole way there were elk all around us it was crazy we found a bull that sounded big and hunted him. It was about 1 hour later when he finally showed him self. My wife raises the 300 short mag I like to call thunder and we begin the count 1-2-3-4-5................1-2-3-4-5-...............1-2-3-4-5..............1-2-3-4-5...........1-2-3-4-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5 Dam no 6 o well. we got to play with him for a long time and we also got some great video. Stay tuned its going to be a good season.

kennyj
09-18-2009, 09:42 PM
You should be able to take your gun for safety and your camera and go call elk to your hearts content.
kenny

cainer
09-18-2009, 10:12 PM
How about a few Elk pics while we wait for the finale! Got any?

bozzdrywall
09-19-2009, 09:24 PM
this morning was kinda quiet we only had 2 bulls talking and they were not interested in what i had to say but with the freash rain that should get those elk talking. Good luck to all talk to you im the morning

bozz'swife
09-19-2009, 09:52 PM
It could be problematic for you to be calling elk without your wife with you, since you're tagged out:

It is unlawful to continue to hunt game species on a day in

which the daily bag limit of that species has been taken, or, on the

day or subsequent to the day in which the seasonal bag limit for

that species of game has been taken.

Hunt and Hunting

- includes shooting at,

attracting, searching for, chasing, pursuing, following

after or on the trail of, stalking, or lying
in wait for wildlife or attempting to do any
of those things, whether or not the wildlife
is then or subsequently wounded, killed or
captured:
(a) with intention to capture the wildlife, or
(b) while in possession of a firearm or other

weapon.

So, unless you're out there without your gun (fat chance that you call elk in grizzly country without a gun at your side), you'd be in a heap o' trouble without your wife with you.

Ok first things first, Thanks, I really enjoy waking up at 4:30 in the morning! Ha ha actually, after the action when we were out the other day really made it worth it. I was just curious fisher-dude, Are you a CO? Or do you just know everything?

Kody94
09-19-2009, 09:58 PM
I was just curious fisher-dude, Are you a CO? Or do you just know everything?

I'da thunk folks would be a lot happier to find out what the regs actually say from F-D than from a CO. ;)

4pointhunter
09-19-2009, 11:19 PM
people that allways post negative, comments should be banned, they allmost make me not even want to look at this site anymore very annoying i don't think he is hurting anything by going out scouting for his wife
and i am sure if a co ran into him it wouldn't be a big deal unless you run into a very anal one

Kody94
09-19-2009, 11:44 PM
people that allways post negative, comments should be banned, they allmost make me not even want to look at this site anymore very annoying i don't think he is hurting anything by going out scouting for his wife
and i am sure if a co ran into him it wouldn't be a big deal unless you run into a very anal one

Hurtin anything or not, I'd rather have someone speak up and find out that what I'm doing isn't legal than have folks stroke my ego and end up getting a big surprise later. :) In F-D's defence, its pretty tough to be voted most popular when your just tryin to "keep it real". He could be a little nicer to the bowhunters though. ;) :p

4pointhunter
09-20-2009, 12:18 AM
seems some people are just seaching for ways to pick apart peoples hunting storys i know i don't come on here to learn hunting regs i just want to read about other peoples hunts and these guys are just ruining that

lightmag
09-20-2009, 07:43 AM
I know i cant spell and my grammer suck but who cares if you get it you get it. now can we please try to make this thread about my elk action with my wife not a bashing of ethics or what not. I said I was in the wrong it wont happen again. As for team hardcore its a very few people that hunt as hard as i do that have the privlage to call themselves HARDCORE And watch for my video in the near future hitting the shelves.

Well said Bozz!! it's awome that your wife enjoys hunting as well, keep up the good work and don't stop bugelling in those elk, .....i mean "whitetails"..lol.. and for you "anal retentive" posters out there.. relax!! maybe you are just jealous of Bozz???

Steeleco
09-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Bozz, good luck to the BOSS!! I'm going to close this degenerated thread and hope to see some pics of elk in a new thread soon!!!