PDA

View Full Version : Hope you don't shoot like this

Byson
12-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Heres a guy that scares his deer to death
http://www.bangedup.com/bu_posts/rudolphmadeit945ut.wmv

BCHunter
12-29-2005, 09:37 PM
omg that guy shouldn't be hunting..can't hit anything. He needs more time at the range

CanAm500
12-29-2005, 09:54 PM
No kidding!

Im surprised the deer was still there after the 1st shot!

mark
12-29-2005, 09:56 PM
i didnt know whitetails could be that stupid! but humans yes ya see it all the time!

Caveman
12-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Obviously a vegetarian or something

Fred
12-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Seen that before but my bud only got two chances! :biggrin: Fred

talver
12-29-2005, 10:39 PM
how the phuck do you miss like that??? that guy must be a anti and was that deer high or something??????????

ruger#1
12-29-2005, 11:21 PM
wow i hope i never get to shoot that good.

CanAm500
12-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Rofl! The deer must grow real big where this person is from!!!!!!

Whats with you and caps?

3kills
12-29-2005, 11:52 PM
he is just makin sure we all know how funny it is...

REDGREEN
12-30-2005, 12:19 AM
ROFL.The deer must grow real big where this person is from!!!!

HAPPY NOW??

Seabass
12-30-2005, 12:34 AM
i didnt know whitetails could be that stupid! but humans yes ya see it all the time!

Thats good!!!:-)

Fred
12-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Whats with you and caps?

RG is hard of hearing!!:biggrin: :tongue: :mrgreen: Fred

Jager
12-30-2005, 09:43 AM
What's that saying....."one shot = one deer, 2 shots = maybe a deer, 3 shots = no deer"

Buck fever? or was he just that bad a shot?

huntersdad
12-30-2005, 12:09 PM
three chances at a broadside shot and all three misses were by its head and neck. piss poor shooting for sure

emkul
12-30-2005, 12:59 PM
that guy could of used one of these
http://www.buckstix.com/HowitzerHunt.htm

PGKris
12-30-2005, 11:54 PM
wow. terrible. he didn't deserve that many shots

Red Foreman
12-31-2005, 12:26 AM
You can't blame the hunter,the deer obviously had one of them new fangled deflector shields.Either that or the hunter was using a rem 710 lol.

rrfred
12-31-2005, 07:14 PM
1-conservation thru incompetence; 2-shoot and release program; 3-vegetarian;

CHilko21
12-31-2005, 07:54 PM
Wow, that's just plain sad. I can't believe the deer stood through that. Bambi had to be thinking something like... "Maybe if I stand still he won't be able to see me....then again, he's getting close, let's run now." Or the hunter was drunk, we'll never know. Whatever the case, he didn't deserve even one shot, let alone three.

Beagie Boy
12-31-2005, 08:11 PM
If I ever shoot that bad shoot me

Boo
12-31-2005, 08:11 PM
The guy was shooting fine, all his shots went to nearly the same point of impact. His scope or sights were off is all.

The deer's reaction was not unusual for an animal caught out in the open. Sometimes they are too smart for their own good and will lock up as most of their predators, humans included, mainly key on to movement when hunting.

tmarschall
01-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Reminds me of a hunt one day when I was walking back to camp. It was misty and miserable which could have contributed to the situation. I heard a shot which according to its place of origin must have been my sister. I'm thinking, great she got one. A minute later, another shot, then another, then another. By this time I get to her location and see the spike she has been pestering. I hand her my rifle and said, "here, take this and put that creature out of his misery, his genes definitely need to be taken out" One more shot and the deer drops. Yes, her rifle was way off!!

rollingrock
01-01-2006, 06:25 PM
:grin: holy crap! but the crispy action racking sounds like a one thousand dollar gun!

ruger#1
01-01-2006, 07:22 PM
that must be my father in law, he told me he could shoot a humming bird off of a power line at 500 yards away, with his winchester 32 special lever action. what a dreamer

Fred
01-02-2006, 12:57 AM
One of my prospecting partners and the old goat were out for a walk one day up by Red Ck.(8-14) and John drew down on a Ruffie with his SBH. The old goat says "Don't do that,it will make a mess of it, let me take it's head off with my 30-30". Bang, nothing left but a beak,feet and feathers! :eek: Says the old goat, "Gee, my brother must have been fiddling with the sights!"
We have never let him forget that one! :lol: Fred

rock
01-02-2006, 04:42 PM
I bet that buck hopefully learned a lesson, and I hope that hunter should do a lot more practice in shooting, thats pretty friggin bad.

SAVAGE300
01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
at least the camera was still

Ltbullken
01-03-2006, 12:40 AM
That is going to grow to be the oldest friggin' animal in the bush!! You coudl see he was bracketting the head though. He would have probably got it on the next one! I bet the guy just bought it and had it "bore sighted to a 100....just load and you're good to go huntin'"! (I heard that in a gun store once and I nearly lost my mind. :mad: Told the guy to buy 2 boxes of ammo and make bloody sure.) Maybe just a young fella who got buck fever.

Yah - time spent on the range is seldom wasted.

willyqbc
01-03-2006, 08:46 AM
gotta agree with boo.... either he was shooting for the head or neck and his scope is out a bit....or he was shooting for the lungs and his scope is out a whole lot. I think if it was his shooting or the buck fever he would not have hit roughly in the same spot all three shots.

Chris

PGKris
01-04-2006, 01:02 PM
The guy was shooting fine, all his shots went to nearly the same point of impact. His scope or sights were off is all.

The deer's reaction was not unusual for an animal caught out in the open. Sometimes they are too smart for their own good and will lock up as most of their predators, humans included, mainly key on to movement when hunting.

Are you for real? He was NOT shooting fine. In fact, he should be FINED for shooting like that! It's unethical and irresponsible.

Marc
01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Are you for real? He was NOT shooting fine. In fact, he should be FINED for shooting like that! It's unethical and irresponsible.

Is it not possible that his scope got bumped in the truck or climbing the ladder to his stand. It hapends all the time and when you're shooting at an animal and you think your scope is on you don't ajust your aim you just keep shooting the same place, obviously this is what happened.

Marc.

Boo
01-04-2006, 04:42 PM

Ethical??

You are the one with the following sig line on your post:

To date:
10 Grouse
6 Squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

You have taken 6 squirrels which are not legal to shoot in BC yet you are qualified to say someone else is unethical?

todbartell
01-04-2006, 04:54 PM
oh boy here we go

3kills
01-04-2006, 04:55 PM
ethics is a matter of opinion...and i think boo is right..if u look all his shots are in the same place...its not his shooting its his scope...:D

Boo
01-04-2006, 04:56 PM
oh boy here we go

No we don't, I am not going to get into an argument with a teen-ager.

I was just pointing out that people that live in glass houses ............ :wink:

Tank
01-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Ethical??

You are the one with the following sig line on your post:

You have taken 6 squirrels which are not legal to shoot in BC yet you are qualified to say someone else is unethical?

I was under the impression that the standard variety of squirrel was calssified under section "c" of the regs, meaning that it can be shot any time with no bag limits or other restrictions. Those tree rats are under the same class as crows, magpies, ect...

LOC
01-04-2006, 06:36 PM
"(g) all species of the genus

Sciurus - grey
squirrels and fox squirrels" <- from the reg's Schedual C critters...

Some squirrels are fair game but the Douglas, Northern Flying and Red squirrels are off limits.

Know your rodent before you pull the trigger :D

Marc
01-04-2006, 07:02 PM
"(g) all species of the genus

Sciurus - grey
squirrels and fox squirrels" <- from the reg's Schedual C critters...

Some squirrels are fair game but the Douglas, Northern Flying and Red squirrels are off limits.

Know your rodent before you pull the trigger :D

This subject came up in another thread it's the imported Big black and Grey squirrels running around getting into everyones gardens that's open all year long not the pesky native red quirrels. I think they are trying to stop the spread and taking over the range of the red squirrel. Same thing is going on on the Island with the European rabbits that somone released. There is an open season on them.

PGKris
01-05-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm sorry Mr. Judgemental but if you think you're dealing with "just another teenager" you've got another thing coming. The only thing that pisses me off about all you high and mighty purists out there is that you're willing to walk all over the younger groups because becuase you're old you think you're god. Well WRONG! It's not the age it's the miles. Ever wonder why you have declining hunting participation? Because all you "experienced hunters" shit on younger hunters like me for being "ignorant" or "inexperienced"
And ya, I'm pissed off and ya, I expect a PM from a mod telling me to clean it up. And I will. As long as I'm not being discriminated against for being a teenager!

huntwriter
01-05-2006, 01:39 PM
I wonder if deer would grow as big as barn doors, would the hunter be able to hit it:grin:. Perhaps, after the first missed shot he should have climbed down and stick a bullseye on the buck it certainly stayed around long enough.:shock::grin:

As for "ethics" why do some always have to go there, it is tiresome and boring. Mishaps happen and as it had beed said here, most likely his scope was out, it happens no harm came to the deer, in fact it is probably still laughing about it. This "ethical" hunters scare me because they are so perfect and never make any mistakes, they must be super human or robots.

Must have been on hardly ever hunted private property for the buck to just stand there and watch. He simply did not know what was going on. This would never happen where deer encounter hunters regularly.

Marc
01-05-2006, 01:53 PM
It has nothing to do with being a teenager it would have been the same response if it had been one of the old geezers that surf the site. Ethics is ethics no matter what age you are and the law is the law. Sure the more experienced people know the laws better because they've been around longer and are wiser because they have more experience over the time spent in the field. I don't understand why you're getting all upset. Take in what has been said and learn from it, don't get pissed off because you've been corrected be glad that someone pointed out your mistake so you don't do it again in the future that's all.

You quoted Boo and questioned him about his ethics, and then he quoted you back and because of that you got all upset. The way I see it is, if you can't take any constructive criticism, then don’t dish it out. Keep it civil out there.

rrfred
01-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Its the hunters responsibility to ensure the firearm is properly sighted;and his responsibility to accept that he made a shooting error. doo doo happens under field shooting conditions;the good hunter learns from it and moves on, the poor hunter makes excuses. By the way, a canted rifle site picture would also produce the same impact point result.

PGKris
01-05-2006, 09:51 PM
What mistake did I make? I admit no illegal activities. And I wasn't corrected I was attacked for being young. Enough. Go your own way.

todbartell
01-06-2006, 12:46 PM
did the 6 squirrels all jump in front of your car? :mrgreen:

One Shot
01-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Obviously this hunter does not practice his Markmanship skills. I am curios though as to how many do practice shooting positions other than than on a bench and in particular if you tree stand from a tree stand.:grin:

tmarschall
01-06-2006, 06:22 PM
I practice every time I take a stand. I aim the rifle where I expect to see game. I find the end of a branch, fork of a tree or some other well defined point and aim at it. If I can't hold the crosshairs on that point, then I change positions untill I can hold steady on that point. Then, with safety on, I squeeze the trigger to see which direction I am pulling with the trigger squeeze. Again I make adjustments untill rifle movement is minimal with trigger squeeze. Of course prior to the season I make sure I can group 3 shots at 100 yds that a 25 cent piece will cover. Even with all this preparation, a few years ago I had miss I should not have missed. Guess what, the reticle in the scope came loose somehow and I had to replace the scope. Murphy always goes to the field, he never stays at home!!!

elkster
01-07-2006, 02:43 AM
Hey Guys,
Give this guy a break, he missed! So who cares? Ya All ever missed a shot? Maybe he posted this as a learning tool for the rest of us hunters. Check you scope with a bore sighter when you get to your hunting site, and if you have someplace where you can fire off a few rounds, without scaring the game. Then do it!!! Its not like we all haven't missed our shots!! Its easy to sit at the computer and shoot, it's a whole different ball game out in the bush.

Cheers:smile:

abbyfireguy
01-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Sorry PG,but, you're the one that started this whole slamfest......
I'm one of your so called old ones..
At 49 I must be darn near fossilized to you.....
Well, wake up and listen a bit..
I pride myself in being a quiet, calm and encouraging OLD FART...
I love to take anyone young or old out hunting for the first time and share my limited skills and safe outdoors ethics with them....
When you pop off at an older hunter, who points out a possible reason for what looks like horrific shooting, you can't blaming anyone for firing back a little bit ....
Please in future DO NOT lump us OLD GUYS into the same type of category,its not necessary nor very fair.....I seem to remember an old joke about a young bull and a real old bull standing atop a hill and looking down longingly at a herd of cows..The young one says lets run down there and @#$^&&*^#@@ one of those cows...The old bull just looks at the young one and shaking his head says, no sonny,let's walk down there real slow and @$^&*&$% all of them....:mrgreen:

Gateholio
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Well...

I have missed.

Oh brother, did I EVER miss!!:roll: :grin: :p

Gilmore
01-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Seen it with my own 2 eyes!!!

3kills
01-07-2006, 04:00 PM
i missed this year on a buck...two shots too....dont know why i missed the first shot and i wont blame it on anything cuz i dont know and i dont care cuz it happens...the second shot i know why i missed cuz i was leadin him to far and then he stop as i pulled the trigger...but shit happens wipe and flush and move on :D

farside
01-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I have taken 2 shots a a big Island Buck before and missed both times. 200yd shot with a 30-30 open sights (my 1st rifle). Tried to compensate for the distance and adrenaline but no luck. He was the biggest Island deer I have ever seen except in a picture and the silly bugger stood there and let me have 2 shots before he scampered off into the bush with his ladies. I could easily see 4x4 at a glance on this bad boy.

Adrenaline is my worst enemy but I would probably quit hunting if I didn't get that "feeling" anymore. Don't even ask me about the 1st bull moose I had in my sights (5-13). Husband almost divorced me over that one. Shaking so bad I couldn't take a shot and NOWHERE to rest my rifle. If only he had little paddles when he picked up his head. Oh Well - thats what hubby gets for sending me out alone. BUT - I assure everyone that it won't happen again - not ever - promise - cross my heart and all that stuff.

huntwriter
01-08-2006, 11:29 PM
I have said it many times, hunters who never make a mistake and never miss also do not hunt a lot. I have been told that I am quit a good shot I also shoot a lot but I still keep missing then and when. The funy thing is that I often miss at short distances or "sure fire" shots the easy ones. I have often heard from other hunters that they also miss the easy shots, could be over confidence. But the fact remains we all miss shots and make mistakes and that is okay too as long as we learn from it.;-)