PDA

View Full Version : Off Tomorrow...Finally!

BCRiverBoater
09-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Well finally I am off on our hunt tomorrow morning. 4 friends off to spend 10-12 days looking for elk and sheep. Trying to get one buddy his first bull with a bow and myself and another buddy looking to bag a ram if everything plays out. Would like to tell you where, but well you know how that goes. But the river boats are staying home this trip. But man do I have a ton of packing to do tonight. I can honestly say I have not even began to pack other than buying groceries and snow sealing the boots. Oh well, won't be able to sleep much tonight anyways.

d6dan
09-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Good luck to you boys, stay safe, shoot some critters and mostly watch out for a grizzly with an attitude...

hillclimber
09-17-2009, 03:25 PM
well get your ass of the computer and start packing.:cool: i usually load the trailer up the weekend before and the truck the day before i leave. then i can try to sleep the night before:lol:. good luck on the hunt.

cheers
stefan

BCRiverBoater
09-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Truck is packed and meeting the boys in about 45 minutes. Will hopefully have some good stories and pictures when we get back in about 2 weeks.

BiG Boar
09-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Good luck! Mind if I borrow the boat while youre away?

BCRiverBoater
10-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Well we made it back last week. I have been too busy to write a story and have yet to see all the pictures. I will update you more later but in short we brought back 2 6 point elk from the first evening of hunting. We called in numerous other bulls while trying to get one with a bow. We could have had 4 more 6 points if using the rifle. One 6 point came in so fast and right a our buddy that he did not even get to draw his bow. The elk stopped about 5-8 feet from him and then he could not draw. It was a heck of a trip with elk bugling everywhere. Of course we also had our fair share of 5 points making the calling unbelievable.

The sheep hunting was cut to only 1.5 days as we spent so much time trying to elk with the bow. Saw mostly lambs and ewes and a few small rams but nothing even close to going for a closer look.

All in all an unforgettable trip as always. Probably the best elk action for the first 6 days that I have personally ever seen.