PDA

View Full Version : things that make you go aww crap

brad ferris
09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
6 easton axis arrows 75$
6 easton tracers 80$
6 g5 montecs 80$
new quiver 94$
putting your pack on at 4400 feet hiking5 hours partly in the dark,taking your pack off at 7100 feet ontop off a ridge overlooking some real nice sheep country only to discover your quiver has been snatched off your bow somewhere along the way.......
priceless
just flippin priceless

lilhoss
09-15-2009, 08:37 PM
That should be put in the Joke forum.lol

shaner338
09-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Oh man, that sucks so bad!! I'd fricken loose it..lol..

PGK
09-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd have more to say than awww crap. Brutal

Foxtail
09-15-2009, 08:56 PM
1 radial X-weave Pro $10
1 whack em small game head $5
Watching it sail right through a grouse and then watching the grouse fly off over the hill never to be seen again, then realizing the arrow was never to be seen again.....

Priceless...

Only thing more priceless..... Doing it twice!

Those small game heads suck!

Does anyone know where I can get some snaro bird heads?

brad ferris
09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
1 radial X-weave Pro $10
1 whack em small game head $5
Watching it sail right through a grouse and then watching the grouse fly off over the hill never to be seen again, then realizing the arrow was never to be seen again.....

Priceless...

Only thing more priceless..... Doing it twice!

Those small game heads suck!

Does anyone know where I can get some snaro bird heads?
the trick is to use a field point and pin them to the tree or ground.

Bow Walker
09-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Dang! That'd suck the big one.

The only good thing about this thread is that it reminded me of Arsenio Hall and his late night show, now there was a funny guy! Hmmmm.

ROEBUCK
09-15-2009, 09:37 PM
that reminds me of a hunting trip a few years ago! id got up around 2 or 3 in the morning,and headed off, after a 3 hour drive to my spot .i arrived just before light. and then realised id left my rifle back at home in my mudroom.
so back home i went poured myself a cold one and planned my next hunting trip!!
"SHIT HAPPENS"

XMD70
09-15-2009, 09:52 PM
A couple of years back I went out hunting bears. Drove a long ways, saw nothing. Came home tired and went to bed late. Got woken up middle of the night by a bear running around on the roof of my house. He'd climbed up to be able to reach the apples on the top of a small tree. I went out to yell at him to run him off. In his haste to depart he ripped a 50 foot piece of eaves trough off. That sucked.

lip_ripper00
09-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Catching a skunk in my catch-em-alive,trap, happened 10 min ago. Any ideas:shock:

ferndogger
09-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Catching a skunk in my catch-em-alive,trap, happened 10 min ago. Any ideas:shock:

good luck with that one. LOL.

Jagermeister
09-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Got a rain barrel? In reference to the skunk delemma.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Throw in a couple of feet of crusty snow, snowshoes and lost wallet and that was my spring bear hunt.:roll:

I feel your pain:(.

I'm now a regular "quiver checker".:-?

SSS

Fisher-Dude
09-16-2009, 05:56 AM
Throw in a couple of feet of crusty snow, snowshoes and lost wallet and that was my spring bear hunt.:roll:

I feel your pain:(.

I'm now a regular "quiver checker".:-?

SSS

SSS does NOT subscribe to "pack out what you pack in". He leaves a trail of gear wherever he goes so he can find his way home a la Hansel and Gretel.

SHACK
09-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Fully rigged bowtech- $1400
True ball release- $150
3 km hike in the pissing rain- blood sweat and tears

Touching off the trigger inadvertently while drawing at a 5x5 blacktail bedded 5 yards away----PRICELESS!!!

Not as bad as your hunt, but thats how my season started!

BiG Boar
09-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Brand new rifle $1500
Custom built ammo you made by hand $300
Bipod $160
Quad with gun case $10000
Hunting bears for an entire day, then going home and seeing your rifle bolt on the kitchen table....PRICELESS

BiG Boar
09-16-2009, 06:44 AM

You got any nieghbors you dont like? They leave any windows open?

09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Custom built ammo you made by hand $300

.500 Nitro Express?

BlacktailStalker
09-16-2009, 11:51 AM

Drown it .

Philcott
09-16-2009, 12:17 PM
I was hunting once by Goldbridge one time when right after my morning toast I went to the outhouse and had my morning crap. We went off after that to the hunting grounds, wandered all around the cut block, up to the ridge, down the other side of the valley and back to the truck. For what ever reason I reached back to make sure my wallet with hunting license was there and it was gone. I spent the next three or four hours back tracking (luckily it had snowed the night before) to see if I could find it. No luck. Went back to camp wondering where I might get a replacement license and had a snack. Went to the crapper again and there it was sitting right by my feet. I kind of found it funny after I cussed for a while.

brad ferris
09-16-2009, 02:25 PM
glad to see i'm not the only one out there making rookie mistakes.btw if anyone gets up on the ridge south west above tanglefoot lake keep your eyes open for my quiver.to bad i can't remotely trigger my tracer nocks.

CanuckShooter
09-16-2009, 02:43 PM

Bag 'im up and deliver him to your local MLA's office.....would go along good with the upcoming HST tax they are going to foist on us.:redface: Better yet, send him to Gordo...

Ozone
09-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Get out to your spot after walking a good distance in the dark, seeing a booner buck and realizing your trigger lock is still on and the key isnt with you. Priceless

09-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Waiting Riverside for Buddy to come back with jet boat, Stone Ram hanging in nearby trees ( to Near !! ), Grizz comes right into camp at daylight looking for Breakfast .... or a least a fight ........

Aww CRAP !!!

CT

wolverine
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Geez! Good thing you didn't have a gun or you might have committed suicide.

IronNoggin
09-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Couple of years back I had just finished packing for a sheep / goat hunt, and was silently running through the inventory for the 200th time. A rattle from the back door - but, The Missuz already took the hounds off to bed? Huh? Peeked out the window to see a 450 blackie staring right back at me! Stupid Bear I muttered, and wanderd out to the front hall where all the gear was sitting. Hmmm... the 300 WBY or the 270? Settling on the 270, I quickly uncased her, checked the clip, and boldy threw the back door open. Not one, but THREE bears in the yard! Get The Eff OUTTA Here I screamed. They recated quickly and 2 bolted. But the 3rd got to the fence, and turned. Huffing. So, I strode quickly at him, again suggesting he depart in a hurry! He stood his ground for a moment, then quickly bounded over the fence and disappeared into the ravine behind the house. :smile:

With head held high and my chest just a tad puffed up, I walked back towards the open back door. There stood my lovely Missuz, asking Just what the H are you up too?
Chasing off the bears I grinned.
aYup, with THAT rifle?
Why yes...
Have a GOOD look at it she smirked...
And, you guessed it! Trigger lock still firmly in place! Had that situation gone bad, I would have been left to fend for myself with basically an expensive fence-post!:redface:

Gotta admit, that deflated the chest in a hurry! :oops:

Cheers,
Nog

Leaseman
09-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Nice little story there Matt!

Welcome to the site, was wondering when you would finally arrive!

Mike

500grhollowpoint
09-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Get out to your spot after walking a good distance in the dark, seeing a booner buck and realizing your trigger lock is still on and the key isnt with you. Priceless

Every buck you miss is a booner. (I don't mean you specifically)

Neckshot
09-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Dropping a big 4 x 5 whitetail. Place the rifle in its antlers for the picture. Set the camera on the stump with timer and watch the buck get up and run with a $800.00 Ruger placed snuggly in the rack.

500grhollowpoint
09-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Dropping a big 4 x 5 whitetail. Place the rifle in its antlers for the picture. Set the camera on the stump with timer and watch the buck get up and run with a $800.00 Ruger placed snuggly in the rack.

:smile:Winner!

whitetailsheds
09-17-2009, 04:34 PM

Quite easy to remove with a screw driver or knife....pry the rubber moulding away to see the locking mechanism engaged with the metal teeth. Pop up the locking part, and voila, no more problems. Check it out, and practice before putting it on the trigger guard.

Vinny
09-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Had this happen once, and when I got home, I picked up a combination trigger lock. Never happened again.

Johnnybear
09-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Quite easy to remove with a screw driver or knife....pry the rubber moulding away to see the locking mechanism engaged with the metal teeth. Pop up the locking part, and voila, no more problems. Check it out, and practice before putting it on the trigger guard.

Had to do this myself once:oops: at home before going out. Good post.

Johnnybear
09-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Went for an hour drive with a buddy to the hunting area last year and found out the velcro pocket on my soft gun case wasn't quite closed properly and had no cartridges. Buddies Dad had an awww episode last weekend. He shoots a 6mm Ruger No.1 and a .06 Ruger No.1. He took the 6mm with him for blacktails. He has two of those velcro cartridge holders (one for each gun). Guess which one he grabbed that morning?:lol:

The Hermit
09-17-2009, 10:35 PM

This one actually made me LOL. Thanks for sharing guys... of course I've NEVER done anything like you losers! ;-)

Well okay, I drove to the ferry, got on board, made it all the way to Abby before realizing that I'd left my rifle at home. Two years ago, I leaned my bow against the truck after a long day and drove away... another hunter had seen my truck there, found my bow and delivered it to me back at camp but not before announcing it to all the guys! LOL

Jelvis
12-23-2010, 09:18 PM
This is hilarious lol, I can't believe what happened, whoa cool.
Jelly ( cool ) lol

NaStY
12-23-2010, 09:29 PM
This is hilarious lol, I can't believe what happened, whoa cool.
Jelly ( cool ) lol

Jelvis your a tard....................

NaStY
12-23-2010, 09:30 PM

Although this makes me LMAO.....

ruger#1
12-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Catching a skunk in my catch-em-alive,trap, happened 10 min ago. Any ideas:shock: Shake the cage. It will mellow it out so you can release it.:mrgreen:

lip_ripper00
12-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Although this makes me LMAO.....

F*** you, Ba*****!!!!:mrgreen:

NaStY
12-23-2010, 09:38 PM
F*** you, Ba*****!!!!:mrgreen:

So now we all want to know what happened to the skunk... ??

lip_ripper00
12-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Shake the cage. It will mellow it out so you can release it.:mrgreen:

This is obviously a learned technic, I will call you when it happend again, so you can learn me:)

lip_ripper00
12-23-2010, 09:41 PM
So now we all want to know what happened to the skunk... ??

Aaaahhhh Shit, he is still alive and well, and pissing me off :cry:

ruger#1
12-23-2010, 09:42 PM
This is obviously a learned technic, I will call you when it happend again, so you can learn me:) Yes I have learned not to do that.:mrgreen:

lip_ripper00
12-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes I have learned not to do that.:mrgreen:

Where you in the army? This sounds a "Delegate and disappear" operation:wink:

nano
12-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Wading out in a pond with water up to your chest,to find out you have a hole in your waders.

jaeger
12-23-2010, 11:19 PM
going bowhunting the last day of the season hung to the nines, not wanting to miss the last chance, get to your spot and realise the release is back at the truck! Headache was gone after i went to get it and went back to the spot! Needless to say i did not see a mooving thing that day the animals must have smelled the fumes coming of my body!:mrgreen:

12-23-2010, 11:27 PM
While sitting in a Cherry tree for nearly 2 hours, ya go to squeeze out a fart ........

AW CRAP !

Damn Cherries !

CT

steelheadSABO
12-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Sitting on you quad as it's tipping backwards
Tripping while climbing down a cliff

tuffteddyb
12-23-2010, 11:42 PM
lmao@ curly top!
for some reason i can see that scenario happening.

NaStY
12-23-2010, 11:53 PM
This is funnier than the original thread.... :mrgreen:

NaStY
12-23-2010, 11:53 PM
This is funnier than the original thread.... :mrgreen:

I still want to know what happened to the dam skunk...

Crawfy42
12-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Mountain goat hunting, shooting a mountain goat, goat rolls 1500 down the very steep shale mountain at 8700 feet altitude. Getting down to the goat an hour later realizing that the rangefinder is still at the top of the mountain. It was not worth the 500$ to go up and get it.