PDA

View Full Version : 4-23 Alexander Creek Hunting

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I am old school and I don't normally broadcast fantastic hunting locations.

Here is my special gift to all of you planning to hunt region 4-23 this season.

Alexander Creek Valley

Fantastic elk hunting along the whole valley from the highway up to the top end. Both sides of the main road. Great place for a crack at a immature moose. Lots of black bears. Bighorn Mountain sheep rams in the high basins on the east side along BC/Alta border. Mule deer where you find them. Whitetail in the valley bottom.

This valley is accessed by a very good road. Vehicle access restrictions in effect. Read your regs.This is a very good valley to focus your 4-23 hunting efforts.

Fisher-Dude
09-14-2009, 12:24 PM
You got a bitch-on with the guys who have their hunting cabins up there?

BlacktailStalker
09-14-2009, 12:43 PM

Public forum, public information about a public hunting place.

eastkoot
09-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Ya, call Kevin or Henry and tell them RBF sent ya!!!!

Kody94
09-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Public forum, public information about a public hunting place.

It doesn't really read that way, does it?

"Good valley to focus all your hunting efforts"....sounds like a little axe on sharpening wheel type grinding to me too.

THE SWEDE
09-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Jelvis does it all the time.Why not RBF?

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 03:14 PM

"Good valley to focus all your hunting efforts"....sounds like a little axe on sharpening wheel type grinding to me too.

Would you feel better if I posted pictures of the basins so folks were certain they were on the proper trails?

Stay tuned for details about Anna Land.

Kody94
09-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Stay tuned for details about Anna Land.

Sounds less like axe grinding, unless you've got one to grind with her too. :)

....just seems odd to broadcast a glowing recommendation for one specific valley to internet land, out of the blue....unless you are trying to get the hordes to descend on it out of spite for someone...

Salty
09-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Jelvis does it all the time.Why not RBF?

RBF is just an apprentice :p

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 03:28 PM
It so happens to be an excellent place to hunt with a very good road and easy day hikes into all the basins from the main road.

09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
The world wants to be deceived...so let it be deceived.

...or should I say ergo decipiatur?

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 03:34 PM

Woo Hoo the NIMBY's are all stirred up.

Easy day hikes into the mountain basins from the main road makes for a beautiful hunting opportunity.

09-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Woo Hoo the NIMBY's are all stirred up.

Easy day hikes into the mountain basins from the main road makes for a beautiful hunting opportunity.

Take it easy...I thought you wore loose fitting underwear!:lol:

....or did you not get my post?

The Hermit
09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
This is bullshit! No way a guy can be successful in there with a bow!!! Lobbying now for archery only in there!!!

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Ya, call Kevin or Henry and tell them RBF sent ya!!!!

Not just anyone can talk directly to the "Royal Family" of the Alexander valley.

My advice is to learn how to shoot long range, pack light, and travel fast lest someone shoots at the game from below you.

Kody94
09-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Not just anyone can talk directly to the "Royal Family" of the Alexander valley.

My advice is to learn how to shoot long range, pack light, and travel fast lest someone shoots at the game from below you.

LOL. At least your agenda is less hidden now.

BCrams
09-14-2009, 04:21 PM
The new Clearwater :roll:

Except a great opportunity for a mixed bag!

budismyhorse
09-14-2009, 04:30 PM

I knew a post like this was coming.......

Makes you look like a real whiner RBF.

if you can't stand the heat of the Alexander, get out of the kitchen! HAHAHA! Not everyone is cut out to compete with the Royal Family.

My advice is stick to other areas and quit being such a whiner and posting things like this thread. Have some pride.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 05:27 PM
I knew a post like this was coming.......

Makes you look like a real whiner RBF.

if you can't stand the heat of the Alexander, get out of the kitchen! HAHAHA! Not everyone is cut out to compete with the Royal Family.

My advice is stick to other areas and quit being such a whiner and posting things like this thread. Have some pride.

As you can see folks, based upon the responses, this is an excellent place for a hunt.

eastkoot
09-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Quite a ways from A***'s country.Do I get banned for calling someone a doofis?? Unless you're a VALLEY boy, your not allowed to shoot anything close to Alexander...I"m guessing your not and you didn't hence the whining!!! Hermie, there's no farm land there, why would you know about being successful there.. Anyone going up tomorrow, I will be there for a drive..See ya there..

moosehunter21
09-14-2009, 05:39 PM
I hunted there last year, Nice country.
IBTL!

budismyhorse
09-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Its pretty obvious what happened over the weekend buddy,

If you are pissed with them, bring it up with the Knights of the Alexander....don't whine about it on the internet. If they knew you were doing that, they would laugh and laugh!

HAVE SOME PRIDE

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Quite a ways from A***'s country.Do I get banned for calling someone a doofis?? Unless you're a VALLEY boy, your not allowed to shoot anything close to Alexander...I"m guessing your not and you didn't hence the whining!!! Hermie, there's no farm land there, why would you know about being successful there.. Anyone going up tomorrow, I will be there for a drive..See ya there..

Is there a requirement for a special hunting license in the ALEXANDER CREEK VALLEY boy? Last I looked it was an open area for British Columbians to hunt.

I believe more and more the stories I hear about legal hunts by out of towners being interfered with after reading a post such as this.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Its pretty obvious what happened over the weekend buddy,

If you are pissed with them, bring it up with the Knights of the Alexander....don't whine about it on the internet. If they knew you were doing that, they would laugh and laugh!

HAVE SOME PRIDE

What happened up there on the weekend? Did some body from out of town attempt to legally hunt a 6 point bull elk during the GOS?

Salty
09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
just google earthed it. looks awesome

eastkoot
09-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Don't know, I've only lived in the valley and worked 500 yards from the main Alexander road for the past 28 years and I'm still not sure I have that SPECIAL licence..I have snuck a few elk and deer out of there over the years though !!! Should grind your axe with whomever you feel did you the injustice, not on the internet as SSSSter advised...Also, there are legal avenues in the Wildlife Act if it was as bad as your portaying... No one owns Alexander Valley, but obviously someone got the best of you...

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Don't know, I've only lived in the valley and worked 500 yards from the main Alexander road for the past 28 years and I'm still not sure I have that SPECIAL licence..I have snuck a few elk and deer out of there over the years though !!! Should grind your axe with whomever you feel did you the injustice, not on the internet as SSSSter advised...Also, there are legal avenues in the Wildlife Act if it was as bad as your portaying... No one owns Alexander Valley, but obviously someone got the best of you...

Years ago hunting was great behind the gas compressor station. Trees are probably gone by now. I'm not grinding any axes. Just telling fellow HBCers a good place to hunt. Take a good hard look up above from the parking lot and you might see a huge muley buck or a legal full curl ram on the Alberta skyline.

eastkoot
09-14-2009, 06:11 PM
So, did they kill a bull or not ????

budismyhorse
09-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Years ago hunting was great behind the gas compressor station. Trees are probably gone by now. I'm not grinding any axes. Just telling fellow HBCers a good place to hunt. Take a good hard look up above from the parking lot and you might see a huge muley buck or a legal full curl ram on the Alberta skyline.

you've definitely set a new LOW for the online hunting community.....I applaud you.

The Alexander isn't any better then most valleys out there, you are just bitter that you got outgunned.....what you are now doing is pathetic.

there is nothing wrong with throwing out some advise for people, but doing it because you are upset that you get wronged by the locals is spineless.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 06:30 PM
you've definitely set a new LOW for the online hunting community.....I applaud you.

The Alexander isn't any better then most valleys out there, you are just bitter that you got outgunned.....what you are now doing is pathetic.

there is nothing wrong with throwing out some advise for people, but doing it because you are upset that you get wronged by the locals is spineless.

See what I mean folks. Great place to hunt. Read between the lines. Shoot long, run fast. Great hunting for BULL ELK.

So what happened on the weekend?

09-14-2009, 06:30 PM

mundus vult decipi = the world wants to be deceived

and the second part of that saying is:

ergo decipiatur = so let it be deceived

I thought I'd get a witty response from RBF to my earlier post. Anyways, it's something to think about.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 06:34 PM
mundus vult decipi = the world wants to be deceived

and the second part of that saying is:

ergo decipiatur = so let it be deceived

I thought I'd get a witty response from RBF to my earlier post. Anyways, it's something to think about.

I could post pictures, give GPS coordinates, post kilometer distances and name the basins if that will help folks discover this hunting mecca. Serengeti of the East Kootenays. Alexander Creek.

Salty
09-14-2009, 06:36 PM
There must be some big fsroads up ther no? Or at lease quad trails. ..

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 06:38 PM
There must be some big fsroads up ther no? Or at lease quad trails. ..

Yes. Big, modern FSR. Easy day hikes into all the side drainages. Motorized vehicle restrictions. If you have horses the area would be so sweet to hunt for a few weeks.

09-14-2009, 06:38 PM
I could post pictures, give GPS coordinates, post kilometer distances and name the basins if that will help folks discover this hunting mecca. Serengeti of the East Kootenays. Alexander Creek.

:| tsk tsk. I was expecting something more grand RBF. Perhaps qui audet adipiscitur, as in those who follow your advice. Sir, you are slipping.

Salty
09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
A buddy has some trail trained Alpakas, you can trailer 4 with a sport yoot. That would be a good way to go

MadCat
09-14-2009, 06:52 PM
I have heard many of stories about that valley, never had one happen to me yet however. But on thing that I know for sure about Alexander Creek is that a road closer only open to quads is a bunch of BS. I imagin the ones that got you riled up are the same ones that got that put in. The ones with the cabin on the right fork?

09-14-2009, 06:54 PM
I have heard many of stories about that valley, never had one happen to me yet however.

Please tell me some stories as I haven't heard any yet.

MadCat
09-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Please tell me some stories as I haven't heard any yet.

Sorry but those are more for a fire side chat or a beer with a buddy rather than helping with an internet sqamish.

09-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Sorry but those are more for a fire side chat or a beer with a buddy rather than helping with an internet sqamish.

So in other words the stories are just that, stories. They may or may not be true? I didn't mean to suggest you'd be helping with anything other than satisfying my curiosty. From earlier posts it is obvious there is some sort of issue with that area.

MadCat
09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
So in other words the stories are just that, stories. They may or may not be true? I didn't mean to suggest you'd be helping with anything other than satisfying my curiosty. From earlier posts it is obvious there is some sort of issue with that area.

Lets just say that there is a group of people in there who think that they own it and have caused quite a bit shit with people that hunt up there. I know that stories are just that, most of the time. However I do know of some things that did actually happen. My biggest problem, personaly, is that there is a road closer open to quads. What is that all about?

09-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Lets just say that there is a group of people in there who think that they own it and have caused quite a bit shit with people that hunt up there. I know that stories are just that, most of the time. However I do know of some things that did actually happen. My biggest problem, personaly, is that there is a road closer open to quads. What is that all about?

I did a search, now that my curiosity is piqued, and found a bunch of info on an ATV web site.

Management Objective:

To maintain traditional access to this area, thus minimizing potential disturbance and harvest pressure on wildlife populations as a result of new road construction required for timber harvest.
Description:

The South third of the Alexander Creek drainage is privately owned by Tembec Inc. and the Upper 2/3 is crown land. Traditional access to the crown land has been via low order roads.
The area was scheduled for development by Tembec (formerly Crestbrook) commencing in 1996.
Local stakeholders including trappers, wildlife organizations, industry, S.U.P. holders and other recreational users raised concerns regarding increased access and possible impacts to wildlife and the valley compared to the historical use in the area.
This area is important for elk, sheep, mule deer, moose, black and grizzly bear and fur bearing species. The riparian zones along Alexander Creek provide moderate winter range for moose while the southern portion provides moderate winter range for elk and moose. Winter range for sheep is located on several high elevation, south facing side drainages of this valley. The entire area is used extensively as late fall, summer and early spring habitat for ungulates.
Elkview Coal Corporation's Balmer Ridge coal mine located to the west of this valley, has impacted historical class one and two winter ranges. Winter range on the proposed Bodie Creek dump will be temporarily lost before reclamation programs begin and it is anticipated wildlife populations will be displaced into southern portions of the Alexander Creek Valley.
A variety of stakeholder groups including Tembec, Elkview Coal Corporation, Alexander Logging Committee, the licensed trapper, Sparwood and District Fish and Wildlife Association, Elk Valley Mountaineers Snowmobile Club, and the Elk Valley ATV Club have worked closely with the Ministry of Environment in either the planning or review of the AMA to maintain a plan that addresses the issues of protecting the resource while maintaining recreational and industrial access.
The Wildlife Branch of the Ministry of Water Land and Air Protection (WLAP) agreed to pursue the option of implementing an Access Management Area as per the attached boundaries.
There was agreement with the parties involved that:

All costs for signs, gates and other physical closures are to be born by Tembec.
This project will be for a five year period. After one year this project will be reviewed or undertaken by Forest Renewal BC (FRBC) unless environmental problems become evident.
The landowners (Elkview Coal Corporation, Tembec) agreeing in writing to the implementation and conditions of this closure where it applies to private land.The stakeholders responsible for this AMA have subsequently reviewed it numerous times including a filed review with WLAP officials. Except for a few minor changes, the AMA received majority support to remain as is.
Alternatives Considered:

Physical closures under the Forest Practices Code.
Consequences of Proposed Action:

Current public access is maintained, including the use of snowmobiles.
The number of recreational users (berry pickers, hikers, fishermen, etc.) will be maintained at current levels due to the timing of the seasonal closures.
Consequences of No Action:

Improved access for industrial development into this drainage will result in dramatic increases in hunting pressure and wildlife harassment. This would be a significant change from traditional use of the area for the last 30-40 years.

MadCat
09-14-2009, 07:26 PM
1899, I think that you have alot more to do with this valley then your letting on.

09-14-2009, 07:28 PM
1899, I think that you have alot more to do with this valley then your letting on.

I've never been there and never heard of it until this thread. If you pm me I will give you my work phone number, I am in my office and it is very far from there.

MadCat
09-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Well I'll take your word for it, but I'm currious to find out why this tread started in the first place. The real story.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 08:09 PM
The South third of the Alexander Creek drainage is privately owned by Tembec Inc. and the Upper 2/3 is crown land. Traditional access to the crown land has been via low order roads.

Sneak in the back Jack and have a crack at a bull with a huge rack. Thats a fact. Take a horse buddy cause its a looooong walk.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Did something happen up there during opening weekend 2009?

ElkMasterC
09-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Someone clue me in here. Who's the locals that get pissy with outsiders?
The GOA for the area? I hunt next door, so let's hear all the juicy gossip.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 11:00 PM

This member may be able to provide insight.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 11:01 PM

Or maybe this member.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 11:03 PM

This guy knows LOTS but he's far too worked up in a lather. Perhaps when he cools down.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 11:04 PM

...or should I say ergo decipiatur?

I wouldn't listen to anything this one says. He is deceiving you.:cry:

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 11:05 PM

Bingo. Give this man a cigar. He is wise to save it for around the campfire or during beers with buddies.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 11:07 PM
I know nothing. I'm just a lowly messenger. No axe, no elk, no knowledge.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 11:11 PM

This guy probably hunts up there on a donkey. I hear they can pack out the big bulls that the valley produces.

I was doing hunters a kind favour by posting info about a good hunting location and he accuses me of being upset about being wronged by locals.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-14-2009, 11:14 PM
There appears to be no active hunting by FN members in this valley. By hunting in this valley you would not be interfering with native sustenance or survival. You could hunt with a clear conscience. Thats a great feeling. It is also a great area for any licensed BC resident to hunt BIG BULL ELK.

model88
09-14-2009, 11:48 PM
There appears to be no active hunting by FN members in this valley. By hunting in this valley you would not be interfering with native sustenance or survival. You could hunt with a clear conscience. Thats a great feeling. It is also a great area for any licensed BC resident to hunt BIG BULL ELK.

Well, I was going to keep out of this one, but I almost bit my tongue off.

Without a doubt, somebody is a little bitter, sounds like the twins ran him out lol.

Not sure what you are trying to prove RBF with this thread, but if it was to rile up members, you did a hell of a job. But what makes the Alexander any different from any other drainage, there is animals in all of them.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-15-2009, 07:22 AM
Well, I was going to keep out of this one, but I almost bit my tongue off.

Without a doubt, somebody is a little bitter, sounds like the twins ran him out lol.

Not sure what you are trying to prove RBF with this thread, but if it was to rile up members, you did a hell of a job. But what makes the Alexander any different from any other drainage, there is animals in all of them.

Why would members be riled up? It is crown land in BC that has a legal GOS for elk, moose, deer, bear and sheep.

Yes other drainages have animals. Of course they do.

Would you consider posting up a few other places to hunt BIG BULL ELK for us all?

BiG Boar
09-15-2009, 07:51 AM
I think by posting what youre posting it is making some of us want to stay out of there to avoid a hassel. It sounds like you (or someone you know) had some kind of problem in there with the locals and they ruined your hunt. Now you are trying to make it sound good by posting this. Makes me want to stay away from that area. Unless you give us all more of a reason to be mad and to know what to expect when we go there.

burger
09-15-2009, 07:56 AM
I think by posting what youre posting it is making some of us want to stay out of there to avoid a hassel. It sounds like you (or someone you know) had some kind of problem in there with the locals and they ruined your hunt. Now you are trying to make it sound good by posting this. Makes me want to stay away from that area. Unless you give us all more of a reason to be mad and to know what to expect when we go there.

I think in this thread he is not the only one that could shed light.

Kody94
09-15-2009, 08:09 AM
As I understand it (hasn't happened to me so I'm going from heresay), the most common way to get "run out" of the Alexander is to disobey the access restrictions. The locals aren't afraid to tell you when you are in the wrong area with a vehicle, or to phone the COs and let them know. Some folks have the idea they can do whatever they want because they get away with it elsewhere, and don't like having to follow rules.

The second most common way to feel "run out" is because you didn't realize that the locals (guys with cabins, their families, friends, and other locals that hunt there regularly) hunt that area pretty hard and know every rabbit trail like the back of their hands....so it could be a little frustrating for a new guy in there when you find that someone is already in, above or looking into every draw and basin that you hunt. What RBF hasn't mentioned is that its actually a pretty small valley considering the number of folks that hunt it regularly.

Those probably aren't the only ways that someone might get run out, but I don't know of any others for a fact.

Getting "shot over" happens commonly in 4-23 (and other units I'm sure)....that's not an Alexander specific issue.

RBF has admitted that he's the messenger. Sounds to me like he knows something that happened, but he's not "messenging" that. I haven't heard anything, and haven't been in that area for quite a while.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-15-2009, 08:11 AM

Lets just say this. In less than a week there will be 4 big, bad dually pickups each towing 4 horses into the valley. 16 horses. 6 hunters. Plan is to stay for 1 month (until last day of sheep season for some of us). I will be atop one of those ponies. All real cowboys, real hunters and good dudes. ElkHuntFantasy

Stop in for a coffee or a chat. True stories told around the fire.

Vinny
09-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Does it really make sense to add fuel to a fire that you would like to extinguish. Doing shit like this will not help any situation that there may be(not saying there is an issue). Can't everyone just play nice?

Kody94
09-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Lets just say this. In less than a week there will be 4 big, bad dually pickups each towing 4 horses into the valley. 16 horses. 6 hunters. Plan is to stay for 1 month. I will be atop one of those ponies. All real cowboys, real hunters and good dudes. ElkHuntFantasy

Sounds like fun. I'd drive up and take you up on the coffee offer, but in a little more than a week I will be out of the Kootenays for almost a month.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-15-2009, 08:29 AM
A person should never be upset if another hunter shoots over them and kills game all the while knowing you were up ahead.
If you have a tag and license you can also shoot at the same beast.

Apparently it happens all the time in 4-23

burger
09-15-2009, 10:47 AM
As I understand it (hasn't happened to me so I'm going from heresay), the most common way to get "run out" of the Alexander is to disobey the access restrictions. The locals aren't afraid to tell you when you are in the wrong area with a vehicle, or to phone the COs and let them know. Some folks have the idea they can do whatever they want because they get away with it elsewhere, and don't like having to follow rules.

The second most common way to feel "run out" is because you didn't realize that the locals (guys with cabins, their families, friends, and other locals that hunt there regularly) hunt that area pretty hard and know every rabbit trail like the back of their hands....so it could be a little frustrating for a new guy in there when you find that someone is already in, above or looking into every draw and basin that you hunt. What RBF hasn't mentioned is that its actually a pretty small valley considering the number of folks that hunt it regularly.

Those probably aren't the only ways that someone might get run out, but I don't know of any others for a fact.

Getting "shot over" happens commonly in 4-23 (and other units I'm sure)....that's not an Alexander specific issue.

RBF has admitted that he's the messenger. Sounds to me like he knows something that happened, but he's not "messenging" that. I haven't heard anything, and haven't been in that area for quite a while.

Yes it does but how it is done also speaks volumes. If I know someone is ahead I always turn the other way. Get up a little earlier next time.I would never sneak around to get a crack at a certain animal. Dangerous in my opinion and bad juju. If you both came from different ways and knew nothing of each other and you took someone elses animal they were stalking then thats a whole different situation.

09-15-2009, 11:10 AM
1. What do you mean by "run out"? As in a direct confrontation like "leave or else"?

2. I applaud people who call the CO when access restrictions are being violated.

3. Getting shot over? Do you mean litterally? That sounds like it could easily be a criminal offence.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
1. What do you mean by "run out"? As in a direct confrontation like "leave or else"?

2. I applaud people who call the CO when access restrictions are being violated.

3. Getting shot over? Do you mean litterally? That sounds like it could easily be a criminal offence.

Very good comments 1899.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Madcat here is a bit of info about ATV/Quad trails and rules.
Great Google Earth link on this webpage.

http://www.quadsquad.ca/?q=node/53

Salty
09-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Sounds like a gong show and a half :lol:

RiverBoatFantasy
09-15-2009, 09:36 PM

It appears that the "half" part is the most troubling.:cool:

RiverBoatFantasy
09-16-2009, 07:43 AM

Wow, I have learned that there are tons of hunting cabins up there. Must be a great place to hunt for BIG BULL ELK.

Can the out of towners use the cabins for hunt?

Thanks for the info FD.

Th0r
09-16-2009, 09:55 PM
I get the impression that there is a tremendous amount of frustration here. As far as locals protecting an area for themselves I would disagree with that practice. If they are protecting it from some fool(s) doing illegal sheit then I would have to support that stance. Public access is a very important right and should put everyone on an even playing field(as far as access) but it takes time to get to know an area. If allowed to get to an area. Put in the time and one day you will shine. Ruining someones hunt to protect your own is the lowest of the low. Save that Sheit for the courts or the Octagon.

bayou
10-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Lets just say this. In less than a week there will be 4 big, bad dually pickups each towing 4 horses into the valley. 16 horses. 6 hunters. Plan is to stay for 1 month (until last day of sheep season for some of us). I will be atop one of those ponies. All real cowboys, real hunters and good dudes. ElkHuntFantasy

So hows it going up there any luck yet.

RiverBoatFantasy
10-20-2009, 06:55 AM
BC hunters should strive to make a hunting trip into Alexander Creek for the 2010-2011 season. A very good place to hunt for all species. Easy day hikes and great basins for spike camping.

RiverBoatFantasy
10-20-2009, 11:42 AM

I almost forgot to mention the cabins. Plenty of vacant cabins for BC residents to stay warm and cozy.

10-20-2009, 11:58 AM

How about some pictures and a story...

RiverBoatFantasy
10-20-2009, 12:26 PM
How about some pictures and a story...

I dont take pictures of hunts and I dont post stories about hunts;)

GoatGuy
10-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I almost forgot to mention the cabins. Plenty of vacant cabins for BC residents to stay warm and cozy.

Are you trying to make friends down there?

I heard Packhorse creek was the place to be. 3 monsters rams spotted in there last year.

RiverBoatFantasy
10-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Are you trying to make friends down there?

I heard Packhorse creek was the place to be. 3 monsters rams spotted in there last year.

One of the worst territories in all of BC for sheep! lol

GoatGuy
10-20-2009, 12:46 PM
One of the worst territories in all of BC for sheep! lol

That's where I'd be going if I was into sheep hunting and had a fantasy about a big ram.

What about Cate creek?

RiverBoatFantasy
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM
It is the place for BIG grizz.

GoatGuy
10-20-2009, 01:25 PM
It is the place for BIG grizz.

Only if you get a draw.

eastkoot
10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Dear RBF..

You should see the elk tracks on the lower part of the road last night, thanks for leaving some for the "locals".

GoatGuy
10-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Dear RBF..

You should see the elk tracks on the lower part of the road last night, thanks for leaving some for the "locals".

How do them tracks taste anyway?

10-20-2009, 02:46 PM
i hear the locals are quite friendly there.

10-20-2009, 03:13 PM
I dont take pictures of hunts and I dont post stories about hunts;)

Considering the nature and content of your other posts I would have figured that pictures and stories of your hunt would have been quite tame...

What is the point in teasing us?:lol:

GoatGuy
10-20-2009, 03:16 PM
i hear the locals are quite friendly there.

Friendlier than the folks in Toad River.:lol:

10-20-2009, 03:18 PM
i hear the hunting is really really good near the toad!

model88
10-20-2009, 03:39 PM

I would love to be a fly on the wall if one of the owners of any of them cabins found you in side one of them!!

RiverBoatFantasy
10-20-2009, 03:55 PM
I would love to be a fly on the wall if one of the owners of any of them cabins found you in side one of them!!

It would be like a mosquito landing upon a horse's arse.

10-20-2009, 04:04 PM
I would like to be a sparrow!

Angel
10-20-2009, 04:33 PM
is this one of those threads where everyone just posts random crap to boost up there post count:roll:... Wheres the real info?

GoatGuy
10-20-2009, 04:59 PM

I've heard it's even better when you go cruising past the cabins with horses at 2:30 in the morning on your way up the mountain. :lol:

GoatGuy
10-20-2009, 05:00 PM
is this one of those threads where everyone just posts random crap to boost up there post count:roll:... Wheres the real info?

Quit staring at your boot laces, it's there.

RiverBoatFantasy
10-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I've heard it's even better when you go cruising past the cabins with horses at 2:30 in the morning on your way up the mountain. :lol:

Now you did it. There will be a lobby effort to restrict horses from 2:30am until 12 noon.

GoatGuy
10-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Now you did it. There will be a lobby effort to restrict horses from 2:30am until 12 noon.'

That only applies to resident hunters horses, of course.

10-21-2009, 08:16 AM
just make sure to clean up the poop so the locals dont know your there.
somebody said they own the whole place

fourthhorseman
10-21-2009, 05:01 PM
If you're trying to be subtle RBF, you're not doing a very good job. I'll have to agree with Bud, sounds like sour grapes. Maybe you should take it like a man and move on. If you got beat, get up earlier. You're going about things all wrong - this seems like the best way to make yourself look like an idiot.
I see you're from the Flatts - maybe we should start a thread about some of the sheep spots up the Kootenay.

RiverBoatFantasy
10-21-2009, 05:08 PM
I am honoured that you would sign up just to chastize me online.
Please do pipe up about sheep spots. Lots of young bucks want to know. I am approaching the age where getting to the bathroom on time is more important than hunting sheep.:grin: p.s. Bud rides a mule.

Jetboater
10-21-2009, 05:08 PM
A person should never be upset if another hunter shoots over them and kills game all the while knowing you were up ahead.
If you have a tag and license you can also shoot at the same beast.

Apparently it happens all the time in 4-23

Happens in 4:24 as well....trust me.... I havent hit the dirt like that in a long time....got my junk wet in the puddle....

RiverBoatFantasy
10-21-2009, 05:13 PM
just make sure to clean up the poop so the locals dont know your there.
somebody said they own the whole place

Well I'd get up there and hunt. When the lumber market turns around the true owners of the place will ensure that it is denuded. :mad:

eastkoot
10-22-2009, 02:22 PM
How do them tracks taste anyway?

Tracks taste like dirt,I've made lots of soup out of them over the years. It's what's in them that we actually eat!!!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/duramaxx/P1030179.jpg

tomahawk
10-22-2009, 02:49 PM

Ain't that the truth!!! Sounds like a lot of rampant testosterone, ego's and immaturity running wild around the valley! I thought I would see why there was so many posts to this thread, wow, what a waste of time!