PDA

View Full Version : squamish goats

iwing
09-14-2009, 10:58 AM
hey i was just in the elaho valley for three days hiking hunting and glassing, and i couldnt get a look at a goat anywhere, there was lotsa elk sign, some deer, some cougar and bear, but couldnt find a goat. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

MichaelB
09-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Help with goats in the Elaho??? Ok; apply for an LEH elsewhere.:biggrin:

I've heard of goats being taken, but it's hard country and literally just have to glass and glass and then glass some more. If you find one, then enjoy the brutal hike. There are goats there of course....
I have seen a couple from far off distances but not during hunting season and not that I could've got them even if it was.

There is a member on HBC that has taken one (posted a pic in a goat thread). Hopefully he chimes in to help.

Good luck.

MB

Amphibious
09-14-2009, 12:45 PM
we fly over tantalus a lot, see them in there. you can hunt it, but it'll be pure hell getting in there without a floatplane

wobblepump
09-14-2009, 09:00 PM
where abouts have you seen the goats in the tantalus range? any around lake lovelywater or phantom lake. seen lots on the ridge just east of clendening.

EvanG
09-15-2009, 08:56 PM
I stalked to with in 30 yds of one on friday then ****ed up, Im still too bitter to post my story, just give me a few days