PDA

View Full Version : murray lake to gillis lake?

Jason Melo
09-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I was up there hunting between murray lake and gillis lake today with my cousin and was wondering if anyone has hunted the area cause when we were up there we saw absolutley no sign of deer no tracks and no crap all we saw was a ton of cattle. Also saw no other hunters and was wondering if there is a reason for not seeing any other hunters in the area?

BCBigGame
09-14-2009, 05:37 AM
I've seen deer (bucks)just past Murray, but have never hunted the area.

09-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Pounded by local natives, mostly shot out, still a few deer around, to good of access, past it's time ..... a has been area.

CT

BearSniper
09-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi

I've been there once or twice

Absolutely choking with Cattle. Not much Deer sign

How about trying the Comstock Exit off the Coq and go east on Comstock
FSR ? Or maybe east of Brookmere ?

THE SWEDE
09-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Pounded by local natives, mostly shot out, still a few deer around, to good of access, past it's time ..... a has been area.

CT

Damn Natives at it again.The fact that its close to the LML and every weekend warrior hits that place has nothin to do with it.Its all the indians:wink:

dutchie
09-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Nope no deer around there, try Coqu lakes exit/ Britton Creek Exit, head up and if you don't see any sign... I think that you will need glasses :biggrin:

Huge cuts,nice country, easy acess... but it is busy.... VERY BUSY!!

Dutchie

gamer
09-14-2009, 09:38 AM
I was up there for the weekend and bagged grouse, hare, and lots of trout. I also saw a few hunters and heard several rifle shots. I have scouted the area a half dozen times this year all the way west to Boston Bar. The most I saw for deer was 6 doe about 4 weeks ago. They were between Murray lk and Maka south.