PDA

View Full Version : Beer grouse

gamer
09-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm sure most have tried it but if not you should. Poach grouse in covered pot with beer mmm damn good.

Doe
10-01-2009, 10:08 AM
never enough beer left in my fridge to waste on cooking....:( but sounds good!

Tanya
10-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Try red wine :) Even more flavor intensive.

3kills
10-02-2009, 12:30 PM
howmuch beer do u need?? i think i might try this one day..any step by step instructions on this?

10-02-2009, 12:36 PM
What kind of beer do you use? I know that Belgians enjoy stews made with dark beer. I have never had too much luck cooking with beer, but I'd certainly give it another go!

Tanya - believe it or not, white wine with some vegetables in a pot roast makes for some very fine eating grouse too, and it is "lighter" than if you use red wine. Just make sure not to add too much onion as it overpowers the sauce.

brotherjack
10-02-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm sure most have tried it but if not you should. Poach grouse

I don't poach anything, I wait for a legal open season.

yuk yuk yuk....

gamer
10-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I put grouse breasts (whole) into a frying pan and added enough beer to be a couple inches deep. Cover and simmer till cooked. Very juicy. Whatever beer you have, only takes one can.

mark
10-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Just did it with some blue grouse fillets, was very yummy! :lol:

Tanya
10-02-2009, 09:15 PM
What kind of beer do you use? I know that Belgians enjoy stews made with dark beer. I have never had too much luck cooking with beer, but I'd certainly give it another go!

Tanya - believe it or not, white wine with some vegetables in a pot roast makes for some very fine eating grouse too, and it is "lighter" than if you use red wine. Just make sure not to add too much onion as it overpowers the sauce.

Yup, I totally agree that white wine would be great, we just don't have it on hand, but we do have lots of red, so that's what we used. Cooked with both red and white and many beer types, they all have their own special something they add, that's for sure.

mark
10-03-2009, 09:08 AM
howmuch beer do u need?? i think i might try this one day..any step by step instructions on this?

6 pack minimum!
Only 1 for the cooking of the grouse :lol: